Summer Nightastic is a special promotion Walt Disney World is running during the summer of 2010. Among other special events, Hollywood Studios will feature some special events related to Summer Nightastic
Summer Nightastic Dates: June 6, 2010 through August 14, 2010.
Summer Nightastic at Hollywood Studios Events
Tower of Terror Special Effects
- Lighting effects on the exterior of the Tower of Terror to make it "glow"
- Additions to the queue area to see and hear
- New drop sequence at the Tower of Terror will be added for Summer Nightastic.
Rock N’ Glow Dance Party - DJs will play music for guests to dance to in front of the Rock 'n Roller Coaster during the night. The Rock 'n Glow Dance Party will occur on Thursdays through Sundays—and Tuesdays.
Official Press Release
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (Feb. 10, 2010) – The “Main Street Electrical Parade” lights up the streets of Magic Kingdom and headlines a season of after-dark excitement coming to Walt Disney World Resort.
“After the sun goes down, our Walt Disney World parks will light up the night with ‘Summer Nightastic!’, ” announced Meg Crofton, president of Walt Disney World Resort, at a media event Wednesday.
Disney magic will shine and shimmer in a whole new light. Here’s a look around:
- With floats and characters appearing for the first time at Walt Disney World Resort, Disney’s “Main Street Electrical Parade” returns with its joyous sights and sounds. Direct from Disneyland and marking its first engagement in Florida since 2001, the cherished parade will be led by Tinker Bell waving from the basket of a magical balloon aboard a new float. Pinocchio and Snow White join the parade this summer, aboard bright new floats. Disney’s “Main Street Electrical Parade” is set for its summer-long nighttime premiere in early June at Magic Kingdom.
- The Twilight Zone™ Tower of Terror welcomes “drop-ins” this summer with even more pulse-racing surprises. New lighting effects and the addition of a new drop sequence, created especially for “Summer Nightastic!”, will bring unexpected frights to guests who step into that infamous service elevator. If they dare.
- What could be more summery than fireworks on a star-studded night? Magic Kingdom will treat guests to a special summer fireworks spectacular. The night sky will explode in vivid colors and brilliant visual effects as whimsical music fills the air.
- Other fun! The return of the Sounds Like Summer concert series to Epcot and extended evening hours at Disney’s Animal Kingdom several times a week add up to summer fun as only Disney can do – at all four Walt Disney World theme parks.