• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cars Land Coming to DHS?

#21 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:48 AM

FWIW, IGN is citing a less than reliable source for info it seems.

#22 User is offline   darthstich 

• Dark Lord of the Stitch
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Disney, Star Wars

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:55 PM

One of the producers denied a fourth Avatar is in the works, but I don't see how that affects the theme park... Don't get me wrong, I don't mind if it is true because I'm not that big of a fan of any land based on a single film let alone a non Disney one.

#23 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike
  • Interests:star wars, sci-fi, fantasy sports, superheroes, chasing my kids and chasing my wife

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:31 AM

What if avatar 2 bombs. Then what?
JAMBO EVERYONE!

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

#24 User is offline   IlluminatEpcot 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:22 PM

Saw this tonight on WDW Fan Boys: http://www.wdwfanboy...lywood-studios/

Trusted sources are confirming that the very popular Carsland from Disney California Adventure has been Green Lit for Disney’s Hollywood Studios. The full details have not been revealed, but it’s reasonable to assume the following:

Carsland will reside in the area currently housing the Studio Backlot Tour and Lights, Motors, Action, Extreme Stunt Show
The Radiator Springs Racers and Tow Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree will be included as part of Carsland
It is expected that the shops (Sarge’s Surplus Hut, Ramone’s Body Art, etc) and restaurants (Flo’s V8, and Cozy Cone) will be included.
The shop intended to house the RideMakerz shop will probably not be included, or will have a new theme.
Luigi’s Flying Tires will probably be modified or removed entirely due to the capacity issues with the California version

Seems like this rumor just keeps gaining speed. I agree, there needs to be an answer to Potter!
Next Trip - Epic October -- 9/27 to 10/3
Staying at Pop Century
Previous Trips: March 2010, 2011
1999: June, Aug, Oct, Dec
2000: April, Oct, Dec

Webmaster of Illuminating Epcot

#25 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike
  • Interests:star wars, sci-fi, fantasy sports, superheroes, chasing my kids and chasing my wife

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:26 PM

i still think it will only be radiator springs racers
JAMBO EVERYONE!

#26 User is offline   Master Gracey 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:40 PM

An answer to Potter is not a clone of Carsland. Epcot already has Test Track......the same type of ride. Still not enough for me to make another trip back to the east coast.....Hawaii trip looks more promising everyday.

#27 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:14 PM

View PostMaster Gracey, on 25 September 2012 - 09:40 PM, said:

An answer to Potter is not a clone of Carsland. Epcot already has Test Track......the same type of ride. Still not enough for me to make another trip back to the east coast.....Hawaii trip looks more promising everyday.

I soooooo want to try Aulani
JAMBO EVERYONE!

#28 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Harleys, my pets and WDW!!!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:32 AM

Hawaii is georgeous and loved the 3 weeks I spent there many years ago but the flight from the East Coast was torture even though I was in First Class both ways. The drone of the plane engines was in my ears for 2 days after I landed.... Given WDW is 20 miles from my house, I much prefer a short drive to WDW than what the other Disney parks/resorts offer. I know I'm missing stuff by taking that stand, but it's just not worth the effort in my mind.
Debbie
DVC Old Key West 9/27- 10/5/2013 for Food & Wine w/ friends from NJ
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

ConGaloosh 2013 - September 27 - 29, 2013
www.congaloosh.org

#29 User is offline   Master Gracey 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:21 PM

Aulani is so high on my list. ;). For long air flights. Nothing a couple of drinks that helps. LOL. Maybe Hawaii in 2013. And WDW in 2014. Still don't know what I am going to do yet. LOL.

#30 User is offline   Sleepless Knight 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Star Wars, Disney, Pixar

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:10 PM

I think it's too late to have a good response to Harry Potter in the next couple of years.

Carsland was announced in 2007 and opened just a few months ago. I don't see it being ready at DHS before 2015 at the earliest. And I'm not sure that Disney wants to clone the key component of what helped finally turn around a badly struggling DCA so shortly after opening it in DCA.

#31 User is offline   queenofthehouse 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, Disney and more Disney

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:50 PM

I could do without Carsland. Pretty soon they'll just have to change the Studios to Pixar Studios.
Maureen
(Lowell's Mom)
Mad, Mad, Mad about Disney!

May 21-28, 2013
Wilderness Lodge

#32 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP
  • Interests:Golf, Disney, Sports Junkie!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:49 PM

Well....It seems true. Disney will announce this week (I'm guessing Friday at their press event) that Cars Land is coming to DHS. Still considered a rumor of course word is LMA and BLT will be removed to make way for the land.

Source - wdwinfo.com
While still a rumor, The DIS has confirmed from multiple sources that Disney will officially announce this week that they are bringing Cars Land to Disney's Hollywood Studios. Lights, Motors, Action! and the Backlot Tour will be leveled to make room for an expansion of Pixar Place to include the new land. Disney opened Cars Land at Disney California Adventure back in June to rave reviews and this would be a much needed boost to DHS, which is starting to show its age.

While we don't know yet which attractions will be included with the new expansion, attractions like Radiator Springs Racers have been wildly popular and most likely would be included.

We first reported on this rumor back in July in both a news story and on our DIS Unplugged Podcast.

At this time, this is still a rumor but we will be sure to update as more information is available. Stay tuned!

#33 User is offline   darthstich 

• Dark Lord of the Stitch
  • Interests:Disney, Star Wars

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:31 AM

And nothing was announced.

#34 User is offline   Master Gracey 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:45 PM

Last weekend I had the chance to finally check out Carsland. :). Best valentines day gift. Platinum Disney passes. :). It is good size and they would have to add on to DHS or remove things to build.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users