• 12 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Star Wars Weekends 2011?

#181 User is offline   abcsoapfan1981 

• Studios Regular
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Star Wars,Star Trek,Stargate ( all of them ) ABC Soap Operas....And Dsiney World of course!!!!!

Posted 10 May 2011 - 01:00 PM

Im just happy to see that daniel logan is back this year...
:D

Star Wars Weekends May/June 2013
Drew Brees Passing Academy,Wide World of Sports June 2013
DisneyLand and General Hospital Fanclub Weekend July 2013

#182 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 10 May 2011 - 03:10 PM

View Postksomm814, on 10 May 2011 - 11:15 AM, said:

As Matt has said, there's three days for a reason. :D

Indeed, don't feel pressured to squeeze it all into one day. Take 2 or 3 days and you will find the pace MUCH more enjoyable.

#183 User is offline   General Specific 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 10 May 2011 - 04:37 PM

View PostQuickGold, on 10 May 2011 - 03:10 PM, said:

Indeed, don't feel pressured to squeeze it all into one day. Take 2 or 3 days and you will find the pace MUCH more enjoyable.

Oh I wasn't referring to myself, I was just noting the Mr. Daniels is going to be a busy man. Hopefully this won't bring out his grouchy side.

#184 User is offline   one_jedi_4_u 

• Studios Newbie
  • Interests:Disney, Star Wars, COD: Zombies #DUH, BOBA FETT!!

Posted 11 May 2011 - 03:02 PM

One can ONLY hope...
"Here's to Mr. Iacocca and his failed experiment, the DeLorean!" Michael Scott "The Office"

#185 User is offline   dd_indy 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 11 May 2011 - 07:41 PM

View Postyulilin, on 10 May 2011 - 10:32 AM, said:

Oh My Gosh!! Where are they going to fit all of this in, unless it will not end at 7pm.

I looked at SWW schedules from the past, and in prior years they have had many more shows in the Premiere Theater. For example, in 2008 there were five Behind The Force shows, but in 2010 there were only two.

See, there's plenty of room for everything. :rolleyes:
Share and enjoy!

Dennis

#186 User is offline   matthewbritt72 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 12 May 2011 - 07:32 AM

View Postdd_indy, on 11 May 2011 - 07:41 PM, said:

I looked at SWW schedules from the past, and in prior years they have had many more shows in the Premiere Theater. For example, in 2008 there were five Behind The Force shows, but in 2010 there were only two.

See, there's plenty of room for everything. :rolleyes:

The Behind the Force shows that pre-dated the Clones Wars cartoon were always a pre-recorded movie, not live. That was why they replayed them over and over all day.

#187 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney World, Harry Potter, Star Wars and my family

Posted 13 May 2011 - 07:14 AM

Just found this on the HUB, it looks like a "times guide" but it doesn't have any times at all, more like information about what to expect for SWW, it looks like these might be out starting Sunday 15 to let guest know what it's about, I can't copy paste so I'll rewrite what is most interesting to me:
The Return of Star Tours
As part of the opening day festivities, Star Tours and the majority of Star Wars Weekends events will begin at 12:00pm on Friday May 20th.
TIP: with all the anticipation about the opening of Star Tours-The Adventure Continues on Friday , May 20, we recommend visiting Disney's Hollywood Studios on Saturday or Sunday for all the same Star Wars Weekends entertainment.
On the other side it displays information about all the other parks, water parks. The message is clear: Friday May 20th, STAY AWAY FRON DHS.
Where will I be? AT DHS :D
On the regular time guides for DHS for the weekend of 20-22. It clearly states JTA and Star Tours opening at 12noon on Friday. Saturday and Sunday first JTA is at 9:15am ( says sign ups for JTA in front of Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular) and Star Tours opens at 8am.
Por favor mantenganse alejados de las puertas

#188 User is offline   Pitti-sing 

• Studios Regular

Posted 13 May 2011 - 07:31 AM

View Postyulilin, on 13 May 2011 - 07:14 AM, said:

Just found this on the HUB, it looks like a "times guide" but it doesn't have any times at all, more like information about what to expect for SWW, it looks like these might be out starting Sunday 15 to let guest know what it's about, I can't copy paste so I'll rewrite what is most interesting to me:
The Return of Star Tours
As part of the opening day festivities, Star Tours and the majority of Star Wars Weekends events will begin at 12:00pm on Friday May 20th.
TIP: with all the anticipation about the opening of Star Tours-The Adventure Continues on Friday , May 20, we recommend visiting Disney's Hollywood Studios on Saturday or Sunday for all the same Star Wars Weekends entertainment.
On the other side it displays information about all the other parks, water parks. The message is clear: Friday May 20th, STAY AWAY FRON DHS.
Where will I be? AT DHS :D
On the regular time guides for DHS for the weekend of 20-22. It clearly states JTA and Star Tours opening at 12noon on Friday. Saturday and Sunday first JTA is at 9:15am ( says sign ups for JTA in front of Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular) and Star Tours opens at 8am.

Thank you.

I did wonder how there could be morning autograph sessions if all the celebrities were going to be at opening ceremonies. And again, it will be important to be happy just to be there. :rolleyes:

#189 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Harleys, my pets and WDW!!!

Posted 13 May 2011 - 01:32 PM

I'm planning to be at DHS on Friday, too but I don't expect to really "do" much besides catch at least one ride on ST2 and just enjoy the overall festivities. Just thinking it might be a good time to catch a few rides on TSM, ToT or RnR, though.....
Debbie
DVC Old Key West 9/27- 10/5/2013 for Food & Wine w/ friends from NJ
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

ConGaloosh 2013 - September 27 - 29, 2013
www.congaloosh.org

#190 User is offline   IHeartTheStudios 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 14 May 2011 - 02:54 PM

View Postksomm814, on 07 May 2011 - 07:58 AM, said:

Any word on where the opening ceremony will be? Will it be at the Star Tours arraction or at the big stage that will have Hoopla this year?

At the hat.

#191 User is offline   IHeartTheStudios 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 14 May 2011 - 02:57 PM

View PostPipper011, on 09 May 2011 - 12:01 PM, said:

I'm glad that they will put Hoopla in front of the Hat!! But if you have the opening ceremonies in front of the hat as well the motorcade will become chaos!! I know they have done it before with espn the weekend but this is a different monster!! Can you imagine having all the starwars fans on one street trying to get a spot on that short street? So I hope the opening ceremonies will be by star tours. I also knew that the stunt show would be a no go but I am surprised no fireworks!!
If your a repeat visitor to Star Wars Weekends the only thing new will be the host and his show & the new Star Tours!! Because the guest are super lame!! It's also the same people over and over plus I don't like the fact that they have 2 guests coming for 2 weekends each!! To me Disney is getting lazy!! As for the Merch, I really don't expect to much good stuff this year as well. Every year they have cut back on the merch for the weekends!! They have also not added any new entertainment to the event(even though the weekend host will be doing a new show and Ray Park will do his normal show). I hate saying this but if Disney doesn't get on the ball this event might be dead in 2 years!! Maybe even sooner for the regulars like myself and others!!
Personally I'm going to be in town for a weekend but not because of Star Wars Weekends instead I'm going to the Spooky Empire convention. Since I'll have sunday off I will proably pass by to ride Star Tours to see what enhancements they have made. In ending I hope everyone has a great time at Star Wars Weekends this year!!

Actually there are two brand new shows in Premier. Not to mention having the hat stage this year. 2 Guests for 2 weekends because they both have a show. And there is no danger of this event being dead in two years. There is new merchandise and there is a giant tent for it.

#192 User is offline   IHeartTheStudios 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 14 May 2011 - 02:58 PM

View PostQuickGold, on 10 May 2011 - 10:45 AM, said:

Great catch Dennis.

From what I understand, the length of the SWW day may be longer than we're used to.

Only sightly.

#193 User is offline   dd_indy 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 14 May 2011 - 07:50 PM

View Postmatthewbritt72, on 12 May 2011 - 07:32 AM, said:

The Behind the Force shows that pre-dated the Clones Wars cartoon were always a pre-recorded movie, not live. That was why they replayed them over and over all day.

I wasn't aware of that. Good point. But looking at the 2010 and 2009 schedules, both had Behind the Force at 11am and 3:35 pm and Stars of the Saga at 1:15 pm. 2009 also had Ray Park's Trip to the Maul at 5:30 pm. My guess is that's when the one-man shows will be scheduled.
Share and enjoy!

Dennis

#194 User is offline   dd_indy 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 15 May 2011 - 05:09 PM

While mowing the yard yesterday, my mind wandered (as it usually does), and came up with the following question: If Star Wars characters will now be seen on Sunset Blvd, will they interact with or be acknowledged by the Citizens of Hollywood?

Several humorous scenarios come to mind, such as Otto von Bonn Bahn poo-pooing the ideas of some unknown kid named George Lucas, several starlets audtioning for the "screaming girl" part in a new type of movie called "science fiction" and spoofs of well-known SciFi films such as "Plan Five From Outer Space" or a movie about giant cockroaches called "Those."

It could be fun, if Whoever's in Charge has a warped mind like mine.
Share and enjoy!

Dennis

#195 User is offline   RAXIP 

• Studios Regular

Posted 16 May 2011 - 11:35 AM

There won't actually be any Star Wars characters on Sunset Boulevard. Luke, Leia and the droids are supposed to be in the merchandise tent, but all the other characters will pretty much be in the same spots as last year. The Jedi Council location is moving slightly b/c of Phineas and Ferb, but that's about it.
Seize the moment! Let your fantasies and dreams set sail.

Character Attendant @ DHS
WOD Squad '08

flickr
twitter

#196 User is offline   ILUVWDW 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 16 May 2011 - 05:48 PM

We have been to SWW many times, but this will be our first time getting there on the first day at opening, even taking the boy out of school. Yes, we have our priorities straight. ;) We plan to arrive about opening at 8am, my husband plans to head to the merchandise area, how long will the line be and how long do you think he will be there? Should we try to get there earlier, we are driving in from the Tampa area?

And would it be ok if my son and I wander around and join my husband later in merchandise line, or is that frowned upon?

Thanks for your help and we are super excited to be going again, sadly it will be our last for awhile since we will be moving to VA this Summer and not sure when we can make it back.

#197 User is offline   dd_indy 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 16 May 2011 - 07:48 PM

View PostRAXIP, on 16 May 2011 - 11:35 AM, said:

There won't actually be any Star Wars characters on Sunset Boulevard.

That makes sense. Mixing up the two groups still would have been fun, though.
Share and enjoy!

Dennis

#198 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney World, Harry Potter, Star Wars and my family

Posted 17 May 2011 - 09:16 AM

Additional Info from The HUB:
May 20-22, 27-29, 2011
June 3-5, 10-12, 2011

Star Wars™ Weekends returns to Disney’s Hollywood Studios® Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, May 20-June 12. More than 60 characters and celebrities from the entire saga will be on hand for autographs, pictures, motorcades, Q&A sessions and more. This year’s hosts are James Arnold Taylor, the voice of Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Ashley Eckstein, the voice of Ashoka from “The Clone Wars.”

And this year, we are celebrating the re-opening of Star Tours - The Adventures Continue. The attraction officially opens on Friday, May 20. Due to opening day festivities, Star Tours – The Adventures Continue and the majority of Star Wars Weekends events will open and begin at 12:00 p.m. on Friday, May 20. The height requirement for the attraction is 40”. Just as the Star Wars films immerse movie-goers in storylines that keep them on the edge of their seats, Star Tours – The Adventures Continue will feature multiple stories and scenarios that will hurtle park guests throughout the Star Wars galaxy. And all of the storyline’s twists and turns will be random, affording guests the chance to ride the attraction multiple times with different experiences.

Among the locations that might provide haven from the Empire’s pursuit are the icy planet of Hoth, the lush jungles of Kashyyyk and the underwater Gungan world of Naboo. And along the way guests may encounter Star Wars characters that offer to help (or hinder) their journey, including Yoda, Admiral Ackbar, Darth Vader and Boba Fett.

SCHEDULED CELEBRITY APPEARANCES

MAY 20-22
Anthony Daniels (C-3PO)
The Clone Wars Special Guest: Dave Filoni (Supervising Director)
Daniel Logan (Young Boba Fett in Episode II)
MAY 27-29
Anthony Daniels (C-3PO)
Bruce Spence (Tion Medon)
The Clone Wars Voice Talent Guest: Dee Bradley Baker (Captain Rex)
JUNE 3-5
Ray Park (Darth Maul)
Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett)
The Clone Wars Voice Talent Guest: Matt Lanter (Anakin)
JUNE 10-12
Ray Park (Darth Maul)
Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca)
The Clone Wars Voice Talent Guest: Tom Kane (Yoda)

--
STAR WARS WEEKENDS SHOWS

Jedi Training Academy – Guests 4-12 years of age can sign up to test their skills with a lightsaber against Darth Vader, Asajj Ventress or Darth Maul. Characters will rotate for each show. Not all characters will appear in each show. For Star Wars Weekends, the number of shows is doubled, which means even more Padawans have the opportunity to become a Jedi. Space is limited though, and spots are given on a first-come, first-served basis. For the weekend of May 20 – 22, signups are located in front of the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular show. For all other weekends, Guests should visit the information table in front of Sounds Dangerous Starring Drew Carey.
Hyperspace Hoopla! – This interactive event closes each day’s activities with Star Wars characters, comedy and music. The event will take place in front of the Sorcerer Hat.
Behind the Force – Explore the excitement of Star Wars: The Clone Wars with a fascinating look behind the scenes led by Ashley Eckstein, the talented voice behind “Ahsoka” and this year’s co-host of the event.
Special celebrity hosted shows such as “Inside the Saga” with Anthony Daniels and “Obi-Wan & Beyond” with James Arnold Taylor will be performed in Premiere Theater.
Legends of the Force Motorcade – Our visiting celebrities, along with the most beloved Star Wars characters, celebrate the entire Star Wars saga with a grand motorcade. Following the motorcade, Star Wars Weekends Hosts Ashley Eckstein and James Arnold Taylor welcome our visiting Star Wars celebrities on the Sorcerer Hat Stage and present a one-of-a-kind photo opportunity. The motorcade is a daily event during Star Wars Weekends.
Note: The motorcade will not be performed Friday, May 20, due to opening day activities.

MERCHANDISE

Star Wars™ Weekends special-edition merchandise will be sold at Jabba’s Hutt located behind Rock ‘n Roller Coaster during the event days. Shop a galaxy of merchandise created specifically for Star Wars Weekends 2011 in our largest special-event store yet. Star Wars merchandise will continue to be sold at Tatooine Traders, located next to the Star Tours – The Adventures Continue attraction.
Collectible Star Wars Weekends merchandise items are limited to two per guest.
Por favor mantenganse alejados de las puertas

#199 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 17 May 2011 - 11:01 AM

View PostRAXIP, on 16 May 2011 - 11:35 AM, said:

There won't actually be any Star Wars characters on Sunset Boulevard. Luke, Leia and the droids are supposed to be in the merchandise tent, but all the other characters will pretty much be in the same spots as last year. The Jedi Council location is moving slightly b/c of Phineas and Ferb, but that's about it.

Good to know, thanks!

#200 User is offline   ksomm814 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 17 May 2011 - 11:04 AM

The figures are available for ordering. They're $100 each. I ordered mine and she said I was the first to call. There's also some neat artwork on the link below. I'm debating on Mickey Won Kenobi

http://psc.disney.go...iginalart1.html

Share this topic:

• 12 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users