• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Last Tour to Endor Star Wars CV

#21 User is offline   IHeartTheStudios 

• Studios Veteran
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:40 PM

View PostPipper011, on Jul 20 2010, 03:22 AM, said:

Thats correct Lucas will be in town that saturday!! He'll be interviewed at 11:00am at celebration but if you want to attend they will be given out wristbands at 6:00am at the convention center and the space is very limited!! I came across some interesting info about Last Tour to Endor, it looks like Disney isn't running the show but Reed entertainment and Lucasfilms are. That explains why there is no annual passholder discount. Also max capacity for this event is 15,000. If the event doesn't sell out then you can purchase a ticket at the gate for $89 plus tax(r u kinding me). The last thing I read or heard was something big was going to happen at the indiana stunt show stage(no other info was given).

No it is run by Disney. Lucas Film of course can weigh in, but this is a Disney production.

#22 User is offline   IHeartTheStudios 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:42 PM

View Postyulilin, on Jul 21 2010, 07:31 AM, said:

Good info, I hope the shows that they have planned don't overlap, so we can attend all of them

Some shows will overlap, it is unavoidable. However, you will be able to see everything if you plan well. Get an event guidemap when you get there, it will have the show times, and take a minute to plan it out.

#23 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney World, Harry Potter, Star Wars and my family

Posted 23 July 2010 - 06:37 AM

View PostIHeartTheStudios, on Jul 22 2010, 11:42 PM, said:

Some shows will overlap, it is unavoidable. However, you will be able to see everything if you plan well. Get an event guidemap when you get there, it will have the show times, and take a minute to plan it out.

Do you know if I get there around 6pm will they give me a guide map for the event or will they give them out at 8pm? That way we can plan our way before everything starts
Por favor mantenganse alejados de las puertas

#24 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord
  • Interests:Hockey/Star Wars/Disney

Posted 23 July 2010 - 08:30 AM

Something special at the Indy Stunt Show Theater? Indy V announcement? Special guests in for just that evening? With a one day event there is just no way to get any info before the event. RATS. Can't wait though.
The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be ...unnatural.

POFQ May 16-19

#25 User is offline   Pipper011 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:47 AM

No it is run by Disney. Lucas Film of course can weigh in, but this is a Disney production.

Disney is producing the shows but the party is being runned by Reed entertainment and Lucas LTD. Thats why there wasn't a passholder discount, a child price, you can't even get a ticket through the disney web site and when one of our members called disney they didn't even know what he was talking about.
Doesn't it bother or worry anyone that no bigger info has come out about this event? And why so hush hush about this event as well!!! For the price there chargeing which for most of us is really 5 hours since where annual passholders they should of announced more info!! And I believe that this event will not sell out!!

#26 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord
  • Interests:Hockey/Star Wars/Disney

Posted 23 July 2010 - 12:39 PM

I did purchase my tickets through Disney ticketing. I have no doubt that all of the above are involved in the planning of this event. But I doubt Disney is not also in the decision making process. As for Passholder discounts, I can't remember what is available for the hard ticket events like MNSSHP, or the Christmas Party, but the discounts can't be much. There is a child priced ticket. The cost for this event may have more to do with having all of these entities involved more than Disney not sponsoring it.

Now the latest thing I've read over at Starwars.com has me wondering if the "big event" over at the Indy set won't be simply the Last Tour version of the Hyperspace Hoopla. The only news I picked up from the fact that they will be having the Disney/Star Wars popular dance off is that Han Solo is one of the characters this time around. Beyond that my excitement has for the moment been tempered somewhat.
The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be ...unnatural.

POFQ May 16-19

#27 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God

Posted 23 July 2010 - 04:43 PM

Also according to starwars.com all the other mayor attractions are going to be open, I can see people wanting to go on RnRC, Tot and TSM but American Idol? I wonder how many will actually go to AIE during the party...I'm intrigued as to the merchandise that they have planned for the event, we saw the starspeeder 3000 (with the red details) on display during SWW and my son wants it, it said that it would be exclusive to CV.

#28 User is offline   ksomm814 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 23 July 2010 - 05:51 PM

View PostThe Dark Lord of the Sith, on Jul 23 2010, 08:30 AM, said:

Something special at the Indy Stunt Show Theater? Indy V announcement? Special guests in for just that evening? With a one day event there is just no way to get any info before the event. RATS. Can't wait though.

I missed this announcement. When was this?

#29 User is offline   IHeartTheStudios 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 23 July 2010 - 11:00 PM

View PostThe Dark Lord of the Sith, on Jul 23 2010, 01:39 PM, said:

I did purchase my tickets through Disney ticketing. I have no doubt that all of the above are involved in the planning of this event. But I doubt Disney is not also in the decision making process. As for Passholder discounts, I can't remember what is available for the hard ticket events like MNSSHP, or the Christmas Party, but the discounts can't be much. There is a child priced ticket. The cost for this event may have more to do with having all of these entities involved more than Disney not sponsoring it.

Now the latest thing I've read over at Starwars.com has me wondering if the "big event" over at the Indy set won't be simply the Last Tour version of the Hyperspace Hoopla. The only news I picked up from the fact that they will be having the Disney/Star Wars popular dance off is that Han Solo is one of the characters this time around. Beyond that my excitement has for the moment been tempered somewhat.

The Hyperspace Hoopla will not be at the Indy theatre, it is at a stage at the hat.

#30 User is offline   IHeartTheStudios 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 23 July 2010 - 11:01 PM

View PostPipper011, on Jul 23 2010, 11:47 AM, said:

Disney is producing the shows but the party is being runned by Reed entertainment and Lucas LTD. Thats why there wasn't a passholder discount, a child price, you can't even get a ticket through the disney web site and when one of our members called disney they didn't even know what he was talking about.
Doesn't it bother or worry anyone that no bigger info has come out about this event? And why so hush hush about this event as well!!! For the price there chargeing which for most of us is really 5 hours since where annual passholders they should of announced more info!! And I believe that this event will not sell out!!

I'm sorry, I don't know where you are getting this info but it is incorrect. It is run and produced by Disney.

#31 User is offline   Pipper011 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 24 July 2010 - 09:10 AM

Here's some more info guys: http://starwars.com/fans/event_news/last_t...date/index.html

I would like to say that I was mistaken that you couldn't buy the tickets through disney!! Today I searched disney world .com and it didn't have any info on the event. Even at the special events page I couldn't find it. I was able to find it at the celebration v website though. When I went through the procedure it took me to a disney website and squishybear it did give me the option for standard shipping of $5.

Thats good that disney is moving the hoopla to the hat stage!! Alot more people can see the stage rather than the stage over by star tours. Most of the events that they've announced so far star wars weekends offers them during the event. Except that show that there talking about in the Indy stage.

For sure celeb's will be in the house. The force.net and Official pix party was moved from Sat to Thur. Plus Official Pix decided not to do there breakfast due to the fact that there where alot of hard tickets being offered at Celebration V.

If I hear any other rumors or articles I'll post them up. Everyone who's going to this event have a blast and god bless.

#32 User is offline   squishybear 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Disney!!!

Posted 25 July 2010 - 10:16 AM

I'm wondering why they are keeping it so hush hush.
If big names are coming, why not announce it and sell more tickets? The only reason I could see for keeping more info quiet is because there is either nothing much more than Star Wars Weekends events or it's so big that they are afraid of an over demand. But when has Disney ever been afraid of too much demand when it comes to selling tickets?
The fact that more news is slowly being released could be because they are trying to win over more people to boost sales.
All in all, I find it unusual that the information is so limited and mostly in the form of rumors and speculation

#33 User is offline   Pipper011 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 26 July 2010 - 02:56 PM

Thats my fear squishybear!! People who experience Star wars weekends have seen the hoopla and other events before. Of course I'm sure they will have new shows due to celebs being in the house. Supposely new merchandise for this event as well but the only thing I believe that the public knows is the starspeeder that you saw in Boba's bounty no new info on that as well. People who have never experience a star wars weekends will have a blast because everything they will see is new and fresh. Plus they can get in at 4pm to the park as for us regulars we really don't care about the rides just the entertainment.

#34 User is offline   Pipper011 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 26 July 2010 - 11:35 PM

Here's a link so you guys can see the Celebration merchandise and prices:

http://www.theforce.net/image_popup/image_...cvpricelist.jpg

As you can see not many limited editions stuff!!!

By the way I just got my celebration badges but my 5 year old didn't recieve her c-3po kids one. Does anyone know if there gonna give out those kids badges for kids that are 5 years old or less?

#35 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God

Posted 03 August 2010 - 03:08 PM

A little more info that I found:
The Last Tour to Endor at Disney's Hollywood Studios will give fans of Star Tours an opportunity to experience the attraction Aug. 14 from 8 p.m.-1 a.m. before it powers down. The event will end with Symphony in the Stars, a Star Wars fireworks spectacular. Cast members and guests are encouraged to attend in their favorite Star Wars costume. In addition to Star Tours, there will be a Hyperspace Hoopla featuring a Star Wars character dance off, a DJ dance party, a special show that brings together Star Wars and Indiana Jones at Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular, and the Death Star Disco. Tickets are available at Guest Relations windows or online at the Celebration V website.

A reimagined Star Tours will open in 2011.

#36 User is offline   darthstich 

• Dark Lord of the Stitch
  • Interests:Disney, Star Wars

Posted 03 August 2010 - 10:54 PM

I got a nice surprise. I will be unable to attend the event as a guest, because ill be working the guest as a Cast Member. The force is indeed strong with me :)

#37 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God

Posted 04 August 2010 - 07:56 AM

View Postdarthstich, on Aug 3 2010, 11:54 PM, said:

I got a nice surprise. I will be unable to attend the event as a guest, because ill be working the guest as a Cast Member. The force is indeed strong with me :)

Cool!! Do you know where? so we can come say "Hi!". BTW nice bumping into you last Saturday at the Animation class.

#38 User is offline   Pipper011 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 05 August 2010 - 07:21 PM

Here's more info on Last tour to endor with info on that Indy show:

Last Tour to Endor event will include special Star Wars touches
Dewayne Bevil, Featured, Things to do, Tickets and Deals — By Dewayne Bevil on August 5, 2010 at 1:40 pm

Coming soon: The return of the Jedi to Disney’s Hollywood Studios – But it’s not Star Wars Weekends, Part Deux.

On August 14, the theme park will be the site of Last Tour to Endor, a one-night-only, after-hours, separate-ticket occasion tied to the Star Wars Celebration V event based primarily at the Orange County Convention Center.

Guests will have a different experience that during the parks’ annual Star Wars Weekends, but the themes will be familiar. Expect a mixing of Disney characters, the Star Wars universe and a few surprises from other films.

This show title gives a clue: “Raider of the Lost Jedi Temple of Doom: A Fan Film of Epic Proportions.”

“For the first time ever, we’re combining the worlds of Star Wars and Indiana Jones at our Epic Stunt Spectacular Stage,” says Jason Surrell, senior show writer and show director for Walt Disney Creative Entertainment and Walt Disney Imagineering.

The show’s plot revolves around two filmmaker who have a competiton to make their next project on the Disney backlot. One is a Star Wars fan, the other favors Indiana Jones.

“They haven’t quite been able to agree on the story they want to tell, so they’re going to do both,” Surrell says.

The show will include cameo appearances from “actual Star Wars celebrities,” he says. The script has been blessed by George Lucas and Steven Spielberg.

“They’ve read it, they’ve approved it,” Surrell says. “It’s allowed us to combine these two worlds and characters for the first time in a very fun and tongue-in-cheek way.”

For the first time, Disney will present a Star Wars-themed fireworks show. It will include John Williams music, sound effects and dialogue from the films and present the whole saga in 12 minutes —not chronologically but in “broad, thematic brush strokes,” Surrell says.

“It’s a tale of heroes and villains, of love and redemption, and obviously there’s a great lightsabre duel in the middle of it,” he says.

Currently, it’s set as a one-night presentation, though it sounds like a natural for future Star Wars Weekends.

“My hope is that people will respond to it positively and that will inspire us to bring it back later,” Surrell says.

The working of Last Tour to Endor references the immenent closing (and eventual refurbishment) of the Star Tours attraction, which opened at Disney World in 1989. The special event will include an shutdown ceremony with characters in attendance.

It’s a chance to see “beloved Star Wars Characters in ways we haven’t seen them before,” Surrell says.

Hollywood Studios’ Star Tours is scheduled to close in October and reopen in 2011.

Star Wars Weekends’ popular Hyperspace Hoopla show will make an appearance, as well as specialized merchandise and Disney characters in Star Wars gear. Participants are encouraged to dress in full costume, which is a rare occurance for Disney World guests.

Tickets are $75 in advance ($89 day-of), and you don’t have to be going to Celebration V in order to attend. Go to www.starwarscelebration.com for more details or to purchase tickets.

#39 User is offline   IHeartTheStudios 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 06 August 2010 - 11:41 PM

http://www.starwars.com/fans/events/last_t...ises/index.html

#40 User is offline   darthstich 

• Dark Lord of the Stitch
  • Interests:Disney, Star Wars

Posted 07 August 2010 - 09:20 PM

View Postyulilin, on Aug 4 2010, 08:56 AM, said:

Cool!! Do you know where? so we can come say "Hi!". BTW nice bumping into you last Saturday at the Animation class.

Ill be with the fireworks crew, just not exactly sure where, i will be @ Backlot Before the event begins, however and indeed it was :) i keep running into studioscentral people there, ran into Glenn not to long before lol

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users