Studios Central: Disneyland's new Halloween Fireworks show - Studios Central

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Disneyland's new Halloween Fireworks show Halloween Screams - A Villainous Surprise in the Skies

#1 User is offline   surfpark 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 September 2009 - 02:26 PM

Just thought I'd share this blog post that features photos and a video of the new Disneyland Halloween fireworks show. Its kind of cool. Since I know most of the posters here don't get out to California too often, I figured this wouldn't be much of a spoiler. What do you think of the show?

http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2009/09/...ason-began.html

The post also talks about the new Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy overlay. I don't think Disney World is going to be getting either of these shows, mainly because they're expensive ways to drive up attendance. Disney World gets a constant flow of tourist, but Disneyland is majority locals/minority tourists.

#2 User is offline   Sleepless Knight 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Star Wars, Disney, Pixar

Posted 18 February 2010 - 12:38 AM

Halloween Screams was quite similar to the MNSSHP fireworks show. They used the same soundtrack more or less.

I did get the chance to see the show in person and was very impressed. Ghost Galaxy was also a lot of fun. I enjoyed the different take on Space Mountain, and what they did at night was really cool as well. I think the MK could do Ghost Galaxy pretty easily. It's just a matter of whether or not they will. Given that Disneyland only needed a couple of weeks for the first overlay and they can now apparently do it overnight now, I think it could head out east as well.

#3 User is offline   Jeanine 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 19 February 2010 - 12:05 AM

View PostSleepless Knight, on Feb 17 2010, 09:38 PM, said:

Halloween Screams was quite similar to the MNSSHP fireworks show. They used the same soundtrack more or less.

I liked Halloween Screams better, just by virtue of the talking Jack head. It's been a while since I've seen the MNSSHP show up close so I can't remember if they have the flying Zero or not.

#4 User is offline   Sleepless Knight 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Star Wars, Disney, Pixar

Posted 19 February 2010 - 01:36 AM

I'm thinking that Zero was unique to Disneyland since Master Gracey hosted MNSSHP while Jack hosted Screams.

#5 User is offline   syndony 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 19 February 2010 - 07:23 AM

We saw it last year and it was excellent! Worth waiting on the Main Street circle for. Iíve never been so impressed by a fireworks show because it was way more than that. With the music that accompanied it, it was like a Halloween party!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users