• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

WDW Today/Mousefan Travel Reunion

#21 User is offline   YoPaulie 

• Senior Studios Member
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 October 2009 - 10:21 PM

View PostADP, on Oct 19 2009, 12:19 PM, said:

I agree with what Matt was saying...I feel like my AP has lost some value because of D23. Why not let AP holders participate in the event? Why just let D23 members participate?

Most likely because this was organized by, you know, D23? For their members?

I'm not an AP holder but I do tire of a lot of the talk online of how APs aren't treated like royalty.

You get 365 days admission for the price of 12. Even less if you're a DVC member. THAT should be all the incentive and perk you need.

Please read my blog, The World by Day
Follow me on Twitter! YoPaulieNJ

#22 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP
  • Interests:Golf, Disney, Sports Junkie!

Posted 22 October 2009 - 08:28 PM

View PostYoPaulie, on Oct 21 2009, 11:21 PM, said:

Most likely because this was organized by, you know, D23? For their members?

I'm not an AP holder but I do tire of a lot of the talk online of how APs aren't treated like royalty.

You get 365 days admission for the price of 12. Even less if you're a DVC member. THAT should be all the incentive and perk you need.

I don't think we are looking to be treated like royalty....We just want Disney APs to be level with other park AP perks and benefits. You wouldn't believe some of the perks and benefits I get from a Universal AP. For example; a free Halloween Horror Night ticket

My point was some of the cool stuff AP holders used to get could easily be shifted over to D23; hence a loss in AP benefits and perks.

#23 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 23 October 2009 - 10:54 AM

To ADP's point, AP holders should be treated like frequent customers are at nearly any other travel company. If you fly a particular airline or visit a particular hotel, you can get certain benefits for being a patron of their company and they reward you with certain perks. AP holders at WDW (or anyone really) don't receive that sort of treatment.

#24 User is offline   Mouseoholic 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 23 October 2009 - 06:59 PM

Well, this year AP holders who renew do get 3 months free and we do get discounts on hotel rates. However, both of these are limited and subject to availability. Also not to be forgotten is the discount on dining at select restaurants. Between the AP hotel rate and the Tables in Wonderland we do save quite a bit. So there are some perks.

Just a few months ago Disney released a rewards program for the Disney Cruise Line. We have never taken a cruise with Disney. It is on the agenda though. After looking over the program it would probably take us spending at least $15,000-$20,000 in cruises just to reach the next level. No real incentive there except for early booking at exclusive resturants and excursions. But, I am not a cruise expert so I will not harp too much on this subject.

#25 User is offline   Rinjo 

• Studios God
  • Interests:My Children and Family, Disney, Games, UFC

Posted 26 October 2009 - 03:30 AM

View PostQuickGold, on Oct 23 2009, 05:54 PM, said:

To ADP's point, AP holders should be treated like frequent customers are at nearly any other travel company. If you fly a particular airline or visit a particular hotel, you can get certain benefits for being a patron of their company and they reward you with certain perks. AP holders at WDW (or anyone really) don't receive that sort of treatment.

I think this is more or less a misconception. I think that in the end Disney AP holders make out a little better than any Airline Frequent Flyer club out there... Lets break the cost down like this...

The average cost of Flights Departing February 7th and returning February 14th (random 7 day spread) is about $270 bucks.

Now the cost of a 7 day park hopper pass without water parks and more is $310 (best price at touringplans.com).

Ok... now an annual pass Rack Rate: $520.79

For the price of 1.67 7-day trips to Walt Disney world you can go an unlimited number of times throughout the year. To equate that with any other program you would have to say...

After paying for 1.67 rack rate flights on delta you can FLY FREE FOR the rest of the 12 month period...

After paying for 1.67 meals at rack rate at Waffle House you can eat for free the rest of the year!

========

I don't disagree that I would like more annual pass holder perks... but when you consider the sheer value of your annual pass... heck, how much money would you have spent this year alone on park admission Matt if you did not have an AP?

If you just compare the hard numbers a Disney AP is an incredible value!

That being said... other parks do offer BETTER annual pass programs, but you are not going to use your Annual Pass to Sea World or Universal half as much as you would to Disney. I was an AP holder at Busch Gardens... At Universal and at Disney when I used to live in Fl... I wore my Disney Cards our going every month... not so with the others. They have to offer you more perks to make the value go up...

I know Disney doesn't give us perks per say... but the sheer value in cost savings to those traveling frequently... it pays for itself and then some! What would you rather have… a frequent visitor program where after a certain number of trips you get a free deluxe hotel upgrade or water park ticket… or would you rather get in free more or less after your first two trips?

If you argue that two 7 day trips is all that some families take… well they are not really the target audience for the AP I think… Better to consider the people like you who would be buying either no expiration tickets… or shorter magic your way tickets…

#26 User is offline   Rinjo 

• Studios God
  • Interests:My Children and Family, Disney, Games, UFC

Posted 26 October 2009 - 03:31 AM

That of course doesnt even take into account discounts on murchandise... hotel discounts... AP priviews and all that.

I think Disney should have the Best AP program out there... I really do... but what they currently have isnt bad by any stretch.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users