Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The fate of Sounds Dangerous

#1 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 31 May 2009 - 10:19 AM

We've speculated lately as to the future of Sounds Dangerous and today I have information regarding it's future. The current plans are to not open Sounds Dangerous at all this summer and at the end of this year, it is set to become a convention space (think how they currently use the Odyssey restaurant in Epcot).

#2 User is offline   Rockin' Reilly 

• Studios Newbie
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:long walks on the beach, disney trips and adult beverages.....

Posted 31 May 2009 - 10:39 AM

thats unfortunate, not that i loved sounds dangerous, but the fact that they will not be replacing that with another attraction. i understand that it gets used for special events or whatever, but what happened to things getting taken out only to make way for something better?

#3 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 31 May 2009 - 10:42 AM

Welcome to Studios Central Rockin' Reilly!

View PostRockin' Reilly, on May 31 2009, 11:39 AM, said:

thats unfortunate, not that i loved sounds dangerous, but the fact that they will not be replacing that with another attraction. i understand that it gets used for special events or whatever, but what happened to things getting taken out only to make way for something better?

I totally agree with you on that point. I hate having an attraction closed only to be replaced by nothing. Especially when it's an attraction in such a prominent place in the Studios. I'm thinking Disney is hoping for what happened with American Idol Experience to happen again; some company approaches Disney about an attraction and pays for everything.

#4 User is offline   IndyandMarion 

• Studios God

Posted 31 May 2009 - 03:54 PM

Thing people are going to overlook is that, unfortunately, when Idol took over, it's took over the convention space the Studios had on that side of the park. Yeah, they've been using soundstage one lately for things but when, if ever, the Monsters Inc. Coaster goes in, there goes a huge space for conventions.

The Studios needs another place for it. Granted, they use Indiana Jones, Movie Ride and Fantasmic! for convention spaces. But they can only use those after hours (or during a show in Fantasmic's case). So yes, it sucks they aren't going to replace it (If this does happen) with something but it seems logical to do it this way. Guess we'll wait and see.
Professionals admit to the problem. Alcoholics claim they have no problem.

Field Agent Indy reporting for the next World Showcase Mission

#5 User is offline   General Specific 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 31 May 2009 - 04:40 PM

View PostIndyandMarion, on May 31 2009, 04:54 PM, said:

Thing people are going to overlook is that, unfortunately, when Idol took over, it's took over the convention space the Studios had on that side of the park. Yeah, they've been using soundstage one lately for things but when, if ever, the Monsters Inc. Coaster goes in, there goes a huge space for conventions.

The Studios needs another place for it. Granted, they use Indiana Jones, Movie Ride and Fantasmic! for convention spaces. But they can only use those after hours (or during a show in Fantasmic's case). So yes, it sucks they aren't going to replace it (If this does happen) with something but it seems logical to do it this way. Guess we'll wait and see.

I just want to know what the Premiere Theater cannot accommodate that the Sounds Dangerous Theater magically can. It just seems like such a waste to have two vacant buildings, especially Sounds Dangerous, being in a heavy-trafficked area.

#6 User is offline   squishybear 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Disney!!!

Posted 01 June 2009 - 12:25 AM

I agree.
I could be fun if they play classic movies (Disney or other) in the theatre, or have something similar to the theatre in Disneyland.
I'm not saying they have to re-vamp the entire building for something else, but its gonna feel strange to have an empty building so centrally located in the park.
I understand Disney needs the convention space, but this location isn't really tucked-away.

Still, having an actual cinema in Hollywoodstudios sounds like fun (though it kinda copies Great Movie Ride)

#7 User is offline   alyx92 

• Studios Regular

Posted 01 June 2009 - 07:27 AM

^ ya..that would be nice to have a cinema in DHS...it would make sense, being a park about movies :(

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users