• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Autographs at SWW

#1 User is offline   umanac 

• Studios Newbie
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 April 2009 - 11:54 AM

I'm going to my first SWW weekend this summer and I am really excited. I happen to be going the weekend that David Prowse and Jeremy Bulloch will be there.... I definitely want to get their autographs but I have no idea what to expect when I get there...

I have seen that there is a fast pass system in place, but that tickets go really fast.... What do I need to do to ensure that I can get fast passes for this? Should I get to the park extremely early? I will do what I have to, but I don't want to miss out on this opportunity.

Thanks

#2 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney World, Harry Potter, Star Wars and my family

Posted 13 April 2009 - 12:01 PM

Get there early, just to give you some perspective, some people line up the day before.
Last year I went to all four weekends and arrived at the park around 6am and got everyones autograph.
The longest line was indeed for Mr. Prowse, I only got a standby ticket for him, but he was kind enough to stay in between sessions 2 and 3 to sign everyone who had a stanby ticket.
So my advice get there as early as you can to guarantee a FP.
There's also going to be a planning chat here on the site April 24 at 8pm. It's a fun way to meet other SWW fanatics. :)
Por favor mantenganse alejados de las puertas

#3 User is offline   umanac 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 13 April 2009 - 12:07 PM

So, when the park opens do they have seperate lines for FP's for each celebrity? Also, are people pretty fair at giving the FP's out (the people who were there first get one), or is it alot of push and shove? ... Also, do they have pictures there for purchase to be autographed, or is it best to bring something to have autographed?

Thanks

#4 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God

Posted 13 April 2009 - 12:20 PM

"umanac" said:

So, when the park opens do they have seperate lines for FP's for each celebrity? Also, are people pretty fair at giving the FP's out (the people who were there first get one), or is it alot of push and shove? ... Also, do they have pictures there for purchase to be autographed, or is it best to bring something to have autographed?

Thank

Outside of the tursntiles there are seperate lines for each celeb. So you line up at the celeb you want, then, very slowly, the start walking the line inside the park, I would say around 7am. Then you just wait in your line until 9am when they open up the FP machine,one by one you give your ticket to a CM and he gets the FP for you, one FP per person in line. No pushing and shoving, that's why you have to be there early, to make the line
They do have photos of the celebs for you to purchase, also they have a regular sized pics of each of them that you can get for free, but if you want something special (like a poster or a toy or a book) you can bring it to have it signed.

#5 User is offline   umanac 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 13 April 2009 - 12:52 PM

yulilin,

Based on your experience, what time would you suggest getting there? I'm thinking about having my wife get in line for one FP line, and I will get in the other to have a good chance at 1 FP for each celeb....

Can you get more than one thing signed when you have your turn in line? Also, are you allowed to bring someone along with you in line if they don't want an autograph or anything. I want my wife to be able to stay with me, but she doesn't care about the celebrities like I do.

Thanks so much for your advice, this will help me plan my trip much better.

#6 User is offline   gsonoda 

• Studios Veteran
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:I am a fan of hilarity.

Posted 13 April 2009 - 01:00 PM

I agree with what Yulady says. I do want to add, however, that David Prowse is in high demand at SWW. And while most of the time you can get away with getting there at 7 am, I tried on two occasions last year to get a FastPass for him by getting there at like 6:30 am, and the FPs were all gone by the time I went up there.

Granted you'll most likely get a stand by ticket if you get there early enough. However, there is no guarantee you'll be able to get his autograph with a stand by ticket.

I'd recommend getting in line as early as you can if you want a chance at a David Prowse autograph.
Glenn

The reigning Star Wars Trivia Champion - 2008 and 2009

"Upon entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic."

#7 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 13 April 2009 - 01:04 PM

Welcome to Studios Central umanac!

If you want to be assured of a FASTPASS, arrive at least 3-4 hours before the park opens, especially for guest who hasn't been there every year.

#8 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God

Posted 13 April 2009 - 02:03 PM

umanac said:

yulilin,

Based on your experience, what time would you suggest getting there? I'm thinking about having my wife get in line for one FP line, and I will get in the other to have a good chance at 1 FP for each celeb....

Can you get more than one thing signed when you have your turn in line? Also, are you allowed to bring someone along with you in line if they don't want an autograph or anything. I want my wife to be able to stay with me, but she doesn't care about the celebrities like I do.

Thanks so much for your advice, this will help me plan my trip much better.

That's what we do, my son (12yo) gets in one line and my daughter and I get in another line, then we have 1FP for one and 2 FP for the other.
The rule is that you get one FP one signature but sometimes the celebs are kind enough to sign something else, the CM are there to enforce the rules though. When waiting for your session each person is supposed to have a FP, in my experience last year, when we only had 1FP for a certain celeb the CM would let us wait all together, I don't know if it's because they are 2 kids and a mom, but we never had a problem waiting all together, then we would get the item signed and then a family picture with the celeb.
Like Glenn and Matt said get there as early as possible, Dave Prowse will be another long line again, I'm planning on getting there around 5am this time.

#9 User is offline   umanac 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 20 April 2009 - 01:46 PM

Would anyone be interested in trading 1 FP for autographs on Friday June 5? Based on the information I received you need to get there really early, like 5am. I am willing to do this, but think it would be better if my wife could wait with me instead of both of us waiting in seperate FP lines for each celebrity. I'm sure there is at least one other person out there that would like to wait with there family instead of splitting up into seperate lines for several hours on a vacation... Let me know if you interested. Send me a PM.

#10 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God

Posted 20 April 2009 - 02:09 PM

Sorry, we usually go on Saturdays, and for wanting to wait in line together, my son who is turning 13 in 2 months loves the independence and prefers to wait by himself. :notamused: :roll:

#11 User is offline   Sleepless Knight 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Star Wars, Disney, Pixar

Posted 20 April 2009 - 08:31 PM

What's the recommended line up time for Peter Mayhew (weekend #2)?

#12 User is offline   Pipper011 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 20 April 2009 - 09:27 PM

Be there by 6:15am to 6:30am!! You should be fine. And when you arrive there will be a huge line but it won't be for Peter Mayhew, so make sure your in the right line!!

#13 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 21 April 2009 - 10:52 AM

It might just be my imagination, but it seems like lines for autographs are shorter on Sunday than on Friday or Saturday. Anyone else feel this way?

#14 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord
  • Interests:Hockey/Star Wars/Disney

Posted 21 April 2009 - 06:21 PM

Overall I agree. The first two days are always a rush because fans don't want to risk missing out on day 3 by accident. Still, most of the celebs are pretty good about trying to see that everyone who wants an autograph gets one at the end of the day.
The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be ...unnatural.

POFQ May 16-19

#15 User is offline   FanBoyz 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 15 May 2009 - 11:12 AM

View Postyulilin, on Apr 13 2009, 01:20 PM, said:

Outside of the tursntiles there are seperate lines for each celeb. So you line up at the celeb you want, then, very slowly, the start walking the line inside the park, I would say around 7am. Then you just wait in your line until 9am when they open up the FP machine,one by one you give your ticket to a CM and he gets the FP for you, one FP per person in line. No pushing and shoving, that's why you have to be there early, to make the line
They do have photos of the celebs for you to purchase, also they have a regular sized pics of each of them that you can get for free, but if you want something special (like a poster or a toy or a book) you can bring it to have it signed.

Ok, I see May 23rd has Extra Hours starting at 8AM, so I booked a room in order to get the EMH ticket but I'm wondering now if it'll make a difference.

My boys and I are interested in getting Ray Park's autograph, but my guess is the line will be forming very early for him. After reading what yulilin wrote, is it true that the FP machine opens at 9AM?

Should I cancel the room and just drive in early, say 5AM, and stand in line? Or do EMH tickets get you in early, thus getting you access to the FP line before the crowds get in at 9? (it seems not to work this way though)

Any advice?

#16 User is offline   Pitti-sing 

• Studios Regular

Posted 15 May 2009 - 12:16 PM

I was really surprised the see the EMH listed for SWW (she said in code ;) ). Since they've been forming the lines outside the park and then walking people back to the FP machines, EMH is of no benefit. And in fact, the first year there were lines, if you went into the park for EMH you had to come back out and get in line - which made people really happy.

The past 3 years (3 years?), the procedure has been to get in line, then before the park opens, the CMs walk the lines back to Indiana Jones where the line stops and everybody waits until 9am, when they open the machines. You meet some wonderful people this way. Really.

My plan is not to worry about the EMH, but to get in line early for Ray Park and assume that it will be a lot like last year.

#17 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God

Posted 15 May 2009 - 12:46 PM

View PostFanBoyz, on May 15 2009, 12:12 PM, said:

Ok, I see May 23rd has Extra Hours starting at 8AM, so I booked a room in order to get the EMH ticket but I'm wondering now if it'll make a difference.

My boys and I are interested in getting Ray Park's autograph, but my guess is the line will be forming very early for him. After reading what yulilin wrote, is it true that the FP machine opens at 9AM?

Should I cancel the room and just drive in early, say 5AM, and stand in line? Or do EMH tickets get you in early, thus getting you access to the FP line before the crowds get in at 9? (it seems not to work this way though)

Any advice?

Having EMH won't help, because you have to make the lines outside of the park, these lines usually start the night before or very early morning, you line up and then the CM starts to walk you inside around 7:15am. They walk the line very slowly and around 8am the front of the line reaches the FP machine and then they open the machine at 9am.
If the only reason for you staying in property is to take advantage of EMH this day I wouldn't recommend it, you gain nothing with it...sorry. I'm planning on arriving around 5:30am for Ray Parks on Saturday.

#18 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 15 May 2009 - 05:53 PM

View PostFanBoyz, on May 15 2009, 12:12 PM, said:

Any advice?

Welcome to Studios Central FanBoyz!
As others mentioned, EMH will not assist you. However, being a resort guest does offer additional benefits like you can send anything you buy in the parks back to your resort so you don't have to lug it around (and that's free).

#19 User is offline   RR0206 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 28 May 2009 - 09:52 AM

Hi everyone, a quick question.

I am traveling to my first SWW with a good friend who LOVES Ahsoka. Is there any way to get Ashley Eckstein's autograph, does anyone know? I know she is hosting the Clone Wars show and is not scheduled for autographs, thats why I'm wondering if there is any opportunity for close enough interaction to get a picture or autograph with her?

(Thanks to this site for being such a great resource!)

#20 User is offline   umanac 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 28 May 2009 - 10:35 AM

I will be at SWW on June 5 when Prowse and Bulloch will be there. Do you think that if I'm in line by 4:30 that will be early enough to guarantee autographs for both? Should I get there even earlier? My wife is going to wait in one line and I'll be in the other.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users