• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What do your kids love at DHS?

#21 User is offline   SorcererG 

• Studios Newbie
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Walt Disney World, PVR, Baseball

Posted 16 March 2009 - 04:51 PM

My daughter who is 5 loves everything from LMA to VOTLM. She also enjoys Playhouse Disney. She's not crazy about the Muppets, loves BPB and finds Fantasmic just a little too scary. Is all this because she's and/or because she's a girl? Mostly it's because that's just who she is. I think sometimes we tend to generalize too much about what kids will like which attractions. They have their likes and dislikes and impressions just like adults do. Personally I think there is good mix of attractions at the studios. As a family we don't love everything but each of us has a favourite attraction(s) that we feel is insanely great. All told it makes the Studios probably even more than a one day park.

#22 User is offline   Jeanine 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 16 March 2009 - 08:06 PM

I don't think there's anyway you can say any given thing is entertaining for all kids or boring for all kids. Some kids are very thoughtful and risk-adverse about attractions, while others are like my nieces and nephews who think anything that isn't viscerally exciting is the most boring thing they've ever experienced.

Having taken some kids like that to Disneyland, I was left with the impression that I could have stayed home and shot them with an epi pen throughout the day, and it would have had the same effect, for cheaper.

#23 User is offline   MaxiBarns 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Running, Eating, Laughing, Running, Eating, Laughing

Posted 21 March 2009 - 06:00 PM

HDLady said:

YoPaulie said:

MaxiBarns said:

Buy flip-flops w/1/2 inch sole...my youngest made it on Soarin as a 3 year old due to her shoes. :scooter:

Am I being a square when I think that circumventing safety regulations is a bad idea?I just don't see how ANY ride is worth the risk of my daughter not being properly and safely restrained.

I think it depends on the ride and the kid. For example, Soarin' has that additional strap you need to add to shorter kids between their legs so it would be pretty much impossible for a kid to fall out and the ride is calm so there's no risk of whiplash or other injuries. Other more turbulent rides might be more questionable. Knowing Disney, that they err on the side of conservative as far as safety so I doubt a kid who is 1/2 an inch short with 1/2 inch flip flops would be a true safety issue.

Agreed...I think Star Tours would be fine as well. Obviously, the more turbulent rides would not be a good idea.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users