Studios Central: Ever skipped a pre-show? - Studios Central

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ever skipped a pre-show?

#1 User is offline   TowerOfTerrorFreak 

• Studios Veteran
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:FIRST OF ALL My Husband! Music, Tower Of Terror, Tower Of Terror, Aerosmith, The Beatles, My iPod, Tower Of Terror....and Tower Of Terror

Posted 28 February 2009 - 02:34 PM

About Two years ago, I met these two guys at DHS and they told me that if u pusheh the doors at ToT and RNR u can skip the pre show. So we did and we got away with it at ToT, but at RnR, another guest got upset and ratted us out, so we got kicked of the ride.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that has done this, has anyone here ever try that? Lol.

~*~*~*~TOWER OF TERROR~*~*~*~*~

Ladies and Gentlemen Welcome to the Hollywood Tower Hotel. We would like to remind you that the Twilight Zone Tower Of Terror features a high speed drop and you should be in good health free from heart condition back or neck problems, or any other physical conditions which could be aggravated by this adventure. We are sorry but children under thee seven years of age are not, not accompanied by an adult or guest that do not meet the 40 in. height requirement may not ride. While waiting to check in we ask that you step all the way forward and fill in all thee available space around you. Food and Drinks should be finished upon entering the hotel lobby and for the courtesy of those around you smoking is not permitted. Also for your safety we ask that you and your children do not stand or walk on the garden walls. Thank you and do enjoy your stay at the Hollywood Tower Hotel. (I know they dont say this exact announcement anymore..but....I like this one so....yea........lol!!)

Tower Of Terror : 105 TIMES!!!

*~*~*~Jackie~*~*~*

I LOVE WALT DISNEY!!!!!!

#2 User is offline   surfpark 

• Studios God

Posted 28 February 2009 - 05:08 PM

Never tried it. Technically I think you can do this as long as you get away with it, but I wouldn't suggest it. The pre-show is part of the experience.

#3 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 28 February 2009 - 05:29 PM

The only preshow I wish I could skip is Mission:Space but aside from that, I've never actually done it as it is frowned upon by Disney. Just because you might be able to do something doesn't mean you should.

#4 User is offline   TheInfrequentVisitor 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Disney, Music, Movies

Posted 28 February 2009 - 06:37 PM

surfpark said:

Never tried it. Technically I think you can do this as long as you get away with it, but I wouldn't suggest it. The pre-show is part of the experience.

Especially the TOT pre-show, I love that!

#5 User is offline   darthstich 

• Dark Lord of the Stitch
  • Interests:Disney, Star Wars

Posted 28 February 2009 - 07:59 PM

QuickGold said:

The only preshow I wish I could skip is Mission:Space but aside from that, I've never actually done it as it is frowned upon by Disney. Just because you might be able to do something doesn't mean you should.

Indeed. You really shouldn't do it. You miss out on part of the experience, you annoy the guests that have never seen it before or like it, you throw off the cast members, and, per ToTFreak's experience, you may find tattle tales who rat you out and get you in trouble lol.

#6 User is offline   IndyandMarion 

• Studios God

Posted 28 February 2009 - 10:36 PM

Nine times out of ten, when I worked with G-Force, the parking attendants across the street would catch them and send them back to the studio. We'd take over from there. It was more or less a "Why did you do that?"

"We've seen it a million times!"

"I give these tours every day for ten hours a day, I think you can deal with it one more time"
Professionals admit to the problem. Alcoholics claim they have no problem.

Field Agent Indy reporting for the next World Showcase Mission

#7 User is offline   Rinjo 

• Studios God
  • Interests:My Children and Family, Disney, Games, UFC

Posted 28 February 2009 - 10:50 PM

I agree for the most part. When rolling single rider I will often push through the door before the preshow starts, but never after.

Still, in reality I don't think it saves much time as most rides have a line after the preshow.

#8 User is offline   acp 

• Studios God

Posted 01 March 2009 - 04:44 AM

I agree with the view that the pre-show is part of the attraction and thus to experience the attraction properly, you should see the pre-show.

Having said that, I did once skip a post show, in Norway.. I'd already seen the film and was in a hurry to get somewhere so followed the crowd...

Andy.
Andy.
Former Disney-MGM Studios Cast Member.

Studios Central Worlds Apart Column

#9 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 01 March 2009 - 09:10 AM

In Norway, they let you skip the post show if you don't want to see it whereas preshows are generally not meant to be skipped.

#10 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Harleys, my pets and WDW!!!

Posted 02 March 2009 - 09:17 AM

As many times as I've seen a pre-show, I don't skip them. Some are awesome (like Musspets 3D), others are ho-hum once you've seen them a few times (like RnR, Mission Space) but I don't think it's fair to other guests to "jump ahead". It annoys me when others do it so why would elect to something potentially annoying (and wrong)?
Debbie
DVC Old Key West 9/27- 10/5/2013 for Food & Wine w/ friends from NJ
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

ConGaloosh 2013 - September 27 - 29, 2013
www.congaloosh.org

#11 User is offline   Howie 

• Senior Studios Member
  • Interests:Family, WDW

Posted 02 March 2009 - 06:34 PM

only time i skipped a preshow was if i arrived late and it had already ended and we just slid into the main show before they closed the doors;

#12 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP
  • Interests:Golf, Disney, Sports Junkie!

Posted 02 March 2009 - 09:36 PM

I skip the preshow of Spaceship Earth all the time, but I never miss the post show. :wink:

#13 User is offline   acp 

• Studios God

Posted 03 March 2009 - 05:06 AM

ADP said:

I skip the preshow of Spaceship Earth all the time, but I never miss the post show. :wink:

Spaceship Earth has a pre-show? Have I missed something here? :cry:

Andy.
Andy.

#14 User is offline   TowerOfTerrorFreak 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:FIRST OF ALL My Husband! Music, Tower Of Terror, Tower Of Terror, Aerosmith, The Beatles, My iPod, Tower Of Terror....and Tower Of Terror

Posted 03 March 2009 - 11:29 PM

Lol, so I got some pretty interesting responses...lol. So this happened to me back in 2005, I had to recount the years. Lol. I honestly HATE, with a passion, people that skipped, and if I waa the one being skipped, I'd rat people out too. Lol, but that was a few years back, and I was a teenager, just looking for something fun to do and make friends...I guess. well thanks for all the responses. Lol

~*~*~*~TOWER OF TERROR~*~*~*~*~

Ladies and Gentlemen Welcome to the Hollywood Tower Hotel. We would like to remind you that the Twilight Zone Tower Of Terror features a high speed drop and you should be in good health free from heart condition back or neck problems, or any other physical conditions which could be aggravated by this adventure. We are sorry but children under thee seven years of age are not, not accompanied by an adult or guest that do not meet the 40 in. height requirement may not ride. While waiting to check in we ask that you step all the way forward and fill in all thee available space around you. Food and Drinks should be finished upon entering the hotel lobby and for the courtesy of those around you smoking is not permitted. Also for your safety we ask that you and your children do not stand or walk on the garden walls. Thank you and do enjoy your stay at the Hollywood Tower Hotel. (I know they dont say this exact announcement anymore..but....I like this one so....yea........lol!!)

Tower Of Terror : 105 TIMES!!!

*~*~*~Jackie~*~*~*

I LOVE WALT DISNEY!!!!!!

#15 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP
  • Interests:Golf, Disney, Sports Junkie!

Posted 05 March 2009 - 09:34 AM

acp said:

ADP said:

Spaceship Earth has a pre-show? Have I missed something here? :P

Andy.

Sorry Andy...That was intended to be a joke, but it didn't work out so well. :)

#16 User is offline   Jambo Everyone 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 05 March 2009 - 02:35 PM

I would gladly skip the RnR pre show, but ToT?? Really??? Can you ride it without seeing Rod Serling and not feel somewhat...cheated? Not me
Posted Image

Jambo Everyone!
Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

#17 User is offline   Rinjo 

• Studios God

Posted 05 March 2009 - 11:57 PM

I would not in a million years skik the ToT pre show. It would be like skipping church or god forbid breakfast!!!

#18 User is offline   Rodders 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Rugby League, Music, Disney and Booze

Posted 06 March 2009 - 05:12 AM

The thing with skipping pre-shows on many attractions is that it will save little to no time as you are only bypassing the few guests that are in there with you. So you are disrupting the show for others for very little benefit.
Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic

#19 User is offline   Rinjo 

• Studios God

Posted 06 March 2009 - 05:23 AM

Yes... but I hate watching the R&R preshow. For some reason I can watch the ToT preshow a million times... but the R&R kills me.

Also, skipping a few people isnt true if you are using single rider over and over... I can ride R&R over and over and over... and if I have to watch that preshow over and over I feel dizzy. And I really like aerosmith.

#20 User is offline   acp 

• Studios God

Posted 06 March 2009 - 06:42 AM

The other thing that you have to remember about pre-shows, is that some of them are there for operational reasons. They help to keep the guests separated enough that the number of guests in the load area at any one time is more manageable. Plus, by opening the door and letting yourself out, you're causing a distraction to the other guests in the preshow with you, particularly for the attractions with darker preshows and lighter loading areas.

That's how I see it, anyway. I could be wrong.

Put simply though, the preshow is part of the attraction whether you like it or not. You're not supposed to skip it, which is why you will often get shouted at if you do.

Andy.
Andy.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users