• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Star Wars Weekends and ADRs

#1 User is offline   Sleepless Knight 

• Studios Veteran
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Star Wars, Disney, Pixar

Posted 19 January 2009 - 09:00 PM

So, here's my dilemma. Seeing as how I live in California, it's not really feasible to visit WDW every year. For that reason, I see the dining plan as a good option for me since I love the WDW restaurants and the different experiences they offer.

However, I'm visiting WDW this year for SWW. While I'm staying a few days beyond SWW, that's the very reason why I'm going. Since I'll be spending most, if not all of my first 3 days in DHS for SWW, I'm not sure if ADRs are practical for the two nights not affected by Matt's dinner. Because of daytime festivities, I've ruled out lunchtime ADRs for the SWW days, but I was wondering about dinner.

What time do the SWW festivities end? Is there enough time between the end of those to reasonably hop to another park/resort and make a later ADR there? What about getting an ADR at either Mama Melroses or Hollywood and Vine? I've already done Sci-Fi and 50s Prime Time has limited appeal to a solo traveler. I also want to avoid signature restaurants if I can help it.

#2 User is offline   Jeanine 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 19 January 2009 - 10:44 PM

It seemed as though last time, most things were over by around 5-7pm. I think you could reasonably make a late ADR over at EPCOT/Boardwalk/etc. after 8pm, maybe. I often try to make ADRs for after the parks close, so I don't have to burn park time and since regular dinner time for me is about 10pm EST.

#3 User is offline   Sleepless Knight 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 20 January 2009 - 12:54 AM

Thanks for the info. One thing I'd like to do on this visit is explore the resorts a little bit more. I usually spend every waking minute in the parks, but since so many of the attractions can also be found at Disneyland, I'd like to spend more time enjoying the differences between the two Disney destinations, especially since I've had an AP at Disneyland since 2006.

#4 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 20 January 2009 - 12:55 PM

I agree with what Jeanine wrote. Most SWW stuff is over by 6pm or so. Ressies made for around that time or later would put you in the clear. What you want to avoid is early dinner times, like 4-6pm.

#5 User is offline   Pitti-sing 

• Studios Regular

Posted 20 January 2009 - 01:15 PM

The hoopla is at 7pm.

I know, I know, I know, the hoopla isn't much and it's too crowded and it only lasts from 7 to 7:30.

But the hoopla is a 7pm ~
and it's the end of the SWW day. There's storm troopers and other characters and if something silly is planned to happen, it happens at the hoopla.

See http://www.youtube.c...h?v=SAKUT-bln4g

#6 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 20 January 2009 - 08:09 PM

I'd recommend seeing the Hoopla once but certainly the other night you can wrap it up before that :D

#7 User is offline   Sleepless Knight 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 20 January 2009 - 08:26 PM

Thanks everyone for the input. I really appreciate it since it' helping me to figure out how best to handle ADRs and such.

Am I right in guessing that Memorial Day Weekend will make for larger crowds and less flexibility in terms of ADRs?

#8 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 21 January 2009 - 12:16 PM

Sleepless Knight said:

Am I right in guessing that Memorial Day Weekend will make for larger crowds and less flexibility in terms of ADRs?
Compared to the week before? Yea, that's a fair guess. Make sure you make your ADRs when the 90 day window comes around and you shouldn't have any problem. The real issue on holidays is for those who try to walk up with no reservations, IMO.

#9 User is offline   Sleepless Knight 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 21 January 2009 - 02:31 PM

I'm working on trying to figure out which ADRs I want now. Mostly I'm semi concerned about getting ADRs for the times I want given the SWW events. In other words, I don't want early dinner seating ADRs during the 2 SWW days that there's not a cool dinner scheduled in DHS. :D

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users