• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Fantasmic Schedule

#21 User is offline   IndyandMarion 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 January 2009 - 08:09 AM

It's like I tell people in the office, I give it the end of the month, maybe half into Feb. and we'll see them taking Fantasmic back to regular scheduled times.
Professionals admit to the problem. Alcoholics claim they have no problem.

Field Agent Indy reporting for the next World Showcase Mission

#22 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike
  • Interests:star wars, sci-fi, fantasy sports, superheroes, chasing my kids and chasing my wife

Posted 19 January 2009 - 11:05 AM

I personally think that the issue will be without a Fantasmic to close the evening, you will see a very quiet by 4 PM or so (I saw it on 1/16). Yet the park was buzzing on 1/15 at that time
JAMBO EVERYONE!

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

#23 User is offline   darthstich 

• Dark Lord of the Stitch
  • Interests:Disney, Star Wars

Posted 27 January 2009 - 05:09 PM

It looks like the execs that made the decision to cut back F! may be regretting it. This past monday they added an extra show to the schedule... an hour and a half after the park closed. I think they may be realizing that they made a mistake

#24 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 27 January 2009 - 09:36 PM

darthstich said:

It looks like the execs that made the decision to cut back F! may be regretting it. This past monday they added an extra show to the schedule... an hour and a half after the park closed. I think they may be realizing that they made a mistake
It's about time they realized that this was a mistake. Still, I wont be happy until Fantasmic! is back to being shown every night of the week, as it ought to be.

#25 User is offline   smalld 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Disney, Playing Online Games.

Posted 27 January 2009 - 10:11 PM

I think that if disney was going to cut the show back they should of had more shows on days of the week and cut it back not as much. Maybe like Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday nights.

~smalld

#26 User is offline   darthstich 

• Dark Lord of the Stitch
  • Interests:Disney, Star Wars

Posted 27 January 2009 - 10:20 PM

smalld said:

I think that if disney was going to cut the show back they should of had more shows on days of the week and cut it back not as much. Maybe like Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday nights.

~smalld

It is no longer an if. It is going on right now. Two days a week, monday and Thursday currently.

#27 User is offline   IndyandMarion 

• Studios God

Posted 02 February 2009 - 06:12 PM

Was sneaking around with Mugsy. . . Look for Fantasmic! to start hitting different nights in a few weeks. Sometimes even three, four times a week. A few weeks will even see SEVEN nights a week.

#28 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 03 February 2009 - 01:45 PM

IndyandMarion said:

Was sneaking around with Mugsy. . . Look for Fantasmic! to start hitting different nights in a few weeks. Sometimes even three, four times a week. A few weeks will even see SEVEN nights a week.
I wont be happy until Fantasmic! returns to once a night, every night of the year.

#29 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike
  • Interests:star wars, sci-fi, fantasy sports, superheroes, chasing my kids and chasing my wife

Posted 04 February 2009 - 09:09 PM

QuickGold said:

IndyandMarion said:

I wont be happy until Fantasmic! returns to once a night, every night of the year.

I suspect you won't be happy for awhile
JAMBO EVERYONE!

#30 User is offline   ghost1000 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 09 February 2009 - 01:35 PM

It looks like Fantasmic is going to be shown three nights a week in late May.

http://www.wdwinfo.c...nfo/mayfw09.cfm

Is this just because of Memorial Day, or is it permanent?

And let me say I HATE the new WDW website. I couldn't find any information about the nights Fantasmic would be shown on it.
~~ Rita

#31 User is offline   IndyandMarion 

• Studios God

Posted 09 February 2009 - 02:02 PM

Rita, Disney is currently having technical issues with their park calenders on their pages. This includes showtimes and rehab dates. They are aware of the issue and are working to fix it. They're just not sure how long it will take.

#32 User is offline   ghost1000 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 06 March 2009 - 10:57 AM

ghost1000 said:

It looks like Fantasmic is going to be shown three nights a week in late May.

http://www.wdwinfo.c...nfo/mayfw09.cfm

Is this just because of Memorial Day, or is it permanent?

Except for the second week of June (June 7-13) it looks like Fantasmic will be shown three nights a week.
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/june09.cfm?...esttimeout=1000
~~ Rita

#33 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney World, Harry Potter, Star Wars and my family

Posted 06 March 2009 - 12:15 PM

I just called WDW and they said that there will be Fantasmic on June 8, 9 and 11 at 9pm, called the local line (407) 824-4321. :?
Por favor mantenganse alejados de las puertas

#34 User is offline   MaxiBarns 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Running, Eating, Laughing, Running, Eating, Laughing

Posted 07 March 2009 - 08:46 PM

On the nights Fantasmic does not show:

We were in the studios last Tuesday night 3/4/09, my daughter wanted to do the Animation Academy one last time before the trip was over. We walked in through the Animation Store back to the waiting area for the academy and to our surprise, the Mother Load of characters were there. Not just the few that are always there, but I mean MOTHER LOAD! Every 5 minutes characters were rotating. We took pictures with All the Bolt character, Goofy & Max, Mickey, Minnie, Daisy, Donald, Mary Poppins, Mulan, Belle (blue dress), Wicked Queen, Jaffar, Frozone, The Incredibles, Snow White...they just kept coming. I was talking to a CM, she said that on the nights Fantasmic doesn't show they like to do a Surprise Character Meet & Greet. There was virtually no one there, we just walked up to each character w/little to no wait for a hug & picture. I still would rather see Fantasmic, having said that my Izzy was in 5 year-old heaven.

#35 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 07 March 2009 - 09:42 PM

MaxiBarns said:

We were in the studios last Tuesday night 3/4/09, my daughter wanted to do the Animation Academy one last time before the trip was over. We walked in through the Animation Store back to the waiting area for the academy and to our surprise, the Mother Load of characters were there. Not just the few that are always there, but I mean MOTHER LOAD! Every 5 minutes characters were rotating. We took pictures with All the Bolt character, Goofy & Max, Mickey, Minnie, Daisy, Donald, Mary Poppins, Mulan, Belle (blue dress), Wicked Queen, Jaffar, Frozone, The Incredibles, Snow White...they just kept coming. I was talking to a CM, she said that on the nights Fantasmic doesn't show they like to do a Surprise Character Meet & Greet. There was virtually no one there, we just walked up to each character w/little to no wait for a hug & picture. I still would rather see Fantasmic, having said that my Izzy was in 5 year-old heaven.
A month or two ago now I discovered that...there's an old thread here about Max (Goofy's Son) and it's all related to them showing lots of characters in the Magic of Disney Animation on non-Fantasmic nights.

#36 User is offline   ghost1000 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 08 March 2009 - 01:01 PM

Are the characters there on EMH Nights, or isn't the Animation Academy open on EMH nights?
~~ Rita

#37 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike

Posted 08 March 2009 - 10:16 PM

MaxiBarns said:

very cool
JAMBO EVERYONE!

#38 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 09 March 2009 - 10:42 AM

ghost1000 said:

Are the characters there on EMH Nights, or isn't the Animation Academy open on EMH nights?
Magic of Disney Animation is not an EMH attraction, so no, they are not there on EMH nights during EMH.

#39 User is offline   DisneyNut2009 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 22 April 2009 - 10:30 AM

darthstich said:

Allow me to interject some much-needed reason into this discussion...

These slams against the Fantasmic cuts have been ticking me off to no end. Everything happens for a reason...and the reason for the Fantasmic cuts IS because of our economy being in the horrendous state that it's in right now.

If it weren't for the recession, the show would continue to run every night 365 days a year like it mostly has since its 1998 opening.

Remember: Fantasmic is a VERY expensive show. So, it was either reduce the number of weekly performances or cut down on the show's quality.

So, this is not a good time to be slamming the company.

#40 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 22 April 2009 - 10:59 AM

DisneyNut2009 said:

Allow me to interject some much-needed reason into this discussion...

These slams against the Fantasmic cuts have been ticking me off to no end. Everything happens for a reason...and the reason for the Fantasmic cuts IS because of our economy being in the horrendous state that it's in right now.

If it weren't for the recession, the show would continue to run every night 365 days a year like it mostly has since its 1998 opening.

Remember: Fantasmic is a VERY expensive show. So, it was either reduce the number of weekly performances or cut down on the show's quality.

So, this is not a good time to be slamming the company.
I think we all know the reason F! is cut is because Disney wants to save money, but I don't think it's the right cut to be made.

Without going into a long post here, basically cutting Fantasmic! leaves most guests with little reason to stay in the park beyond Block Party Bash. ...it's like Animal Kingdom and on non-Fantasmic days, the park is noticably emptier and guests leave much earlier in the day. This translates into less revenue for the park obviously since less guests are around to buy things. Never mind the fact that having Fantasmic! on certain nights is incredibly inconvenient for planning for guests and its much harder to actually see the show.

In business, you have to spend money to make money and cutting Fantasmic! isn't the right choice because it's too big a blow for the current economic situation at WDW, which isn't as dire as previously anticipated to this point.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users