• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Have they gotten it right?

#1 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 28 September 2003 - 07:19 PM

Ive been thinking and is it me, or has Disney maybe, possibly, finally, gotten it right? We've got Haunted Mansion set opening next week at MGM, Stunt Show to open in 2005, DCA's 'Soaring Over California' for Epcot, Flick's Funfair at Animal Kingdom, AE rehab at MK.....this is like....good news! :lol: Which leads me back to my original statement that Disney may have it down finally that opening new attractions and NOT closing old ones is the key to getting better! :woot: :thumright:

#2 User is offline   lilchippewa 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 September 2003 - 11:26 AM

Not to mention, PhilharMagic opening up soon. Of course, they had to take out the Lion King attraction first. Now what to do with that 20K Lagoon sitting on prime real estate in Fantasyland....
-Josh

#3 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 29 September 2003 - 02:27 PM

lilchippewa said:

Now what to do with that 20K Lagoon sitting on prime real estate in Fantasyland....

Fantasyland E-ticket attraction....talk about wishful thinking :frownblue:

#4 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God

Posted 30 September 2003 - 11:46 PM

lilchippewa said:

Not to mention, PhilharMagic opening up soon. Of course, they had to take out the Lion King attraction first. Now what to do with that 20K Lagoon sitting on prime real estate in Fantasyland....

Keep your ears open in the next couple of weeks, there might be something announced about it.

#5 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney. Should there be anything else?

Posted 01 October 2003 - 11:14 AM

I am waiting to hear what the announce the night of the 9th at EPCOT. Wish I could have been included with the media there.

#6 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 01 October 2003 - 11:51 AM

DisneyPrincess said:

lilchippewa said:

Keep your ears open in the next couple of weeks, there might be something announced about it.

You're such a tease Jillian :content:

#7 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God

Posted 01 October 2003 - 07:50 PM

QuickGold said:

DisneyPrincess said:

lilchippewa said:

You're such a tease Jillian :content:

Honestly this time I don't know what if anything will be announced. There is a huge media event going on all next week and they will be announcing/doing things like crazy. I know a few things, but nothing I could say without getting myself and someone very close to me in big trouble. But I haven't been told anything about 20K.

#8 User is offline   TheTowerOfTerrorRules 

• Studios God

Posted 07 October 2003 - 07:25 PM

speaking of 20,ooo legues under the sea! i think that arials grotto is ok but they should put something else there!

#9 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 12 October 2003 - 12:22 PM

Well we got confirmed Stunt Show, Everest & Soarin'. I think its great they're adding another E-ticket to EPCOT right after they finished Mission:Space. I mean, Test Track was done in '98(i think) and it's been just that till now.

#10 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 16 October 2003 - 02:31 PM

More news about the Lagoon area:

There could quite possibly be a new attraction coming to the 20k lagoon in the *very* near future. From my understanding, it could be part of the "Gift Package" from Disneyland's 50th Anniversary, since AK is possibly getting Flik's Fun Fair (from DCA), Epcot getting Soarin', and Studios is getting the new Stunt Show. That only leaves MK without our "gift" from Disneyland.

#11 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God

Posted 18 October 2003 - 11:28 PM

QuickGold said:

More news about the Lagoon area:

There could quite possibly be a new attraction coming to the 20k lagoon in the *very* near future. From my understanding, it could be part of the "Gift Package" from Disneyland's 50th Anniversary, since AK is possibly getting Flik's Fun Fair (from DCA), Epcot getting Soarin', and Studios is getting the new Stunt Show. That only leaves MK without our "gift" from Disneyland.

hah, Disneyland isn't giving us the Stunt show. Disneyland Paris is, they have nothing to do with the 50th. And AK getting Flik's Fair is a huge rumor for now since we are getting Everest there. Silly little Disneyland whiners.

#12 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

• Studios God

Posted 19 October 2003 - 10:39 AM

is the Soarin' at EPCOT their gift? I was expecting Disney to change it to Soarin' Over Florida but when they announced it on the 9th, it was still Over Calif.

#13 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God

Posted 19 October 2003 - 10:47 AM

trendymagic said:

is the Soarin' at EPCOT their gift? I was expecting Disney to change it to Soarin' Over Florida but when they announced it on the 9th, it was still Over Calif.

It's supposed to be. Well according to the "Disneyland rocks and Walt Disney World sucks because they take all our good ideas and get all the good stuff before we do" people. As of now, the video will remain the same as the one at DCA, and we'll have it Over California here :D As cool as it was when I saw it, I really think that video is out of place and doesn't fit Florida.

#14 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

• Studios God

Posted 19 October 2003 - 10:49 AM

DisneyPrincess said:

trendymagic said:

It's supposed to be. Well according to the "Disneyland rocks and Walt Disney World sucks because they take all our good ideas and get all the good stuff before we do" people. As of now, the video will remain the same as the one at DCA, and we'll have it Over California here :D As cool as it was when I saw it, I really think that video is out of place and doesn't fit Florida.

Even if they didn't have enough stuff in FL alone, they could use the SouthEast region and have pleanty to use.

#15 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God

Posted 19 October 2003 - 10:52 AM

Yup, several parts could be the same, like the orange grooves and the beaches, but the beaches here don't have big mountains :D I don't want to give too much away from the people who haven't been on it, but there was a lot to use, and the SouthEast region idea would be awesome too.

#16 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

• Studios God

Posted 19 October 2003 - 10:54 AM

DisneyPrincess said:

Yup, several parts could be the same, like the orange grooves and the beaches, but the beaches here don't have big mountains :D I don't want to give too much away from the people who haven't been on it, but there was a lot to use, and the SouthEast region idea would be awesome too.

I saw some of it the other day on the DisneyLand behind the scenes on Travel. Either way. the expierence has to be very nice.

#17 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 19 October 2003 - 12:36 PM

trendymagic said:

Even if they didn't have enough stuff in FL alone, they could use the SouthEast region and have pleanty to use.

Traffic on 95
The wonderful smell of Georgia's swamps
Tourist traps galore!
Glaring heat + 100% humidity = great times!

#18 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God

Posted 19 October 2003 - 12:50 PM

QuickGold said:

trendymagic said:

Traffic on 95
Tourist traps galore!
Glaring heat + 100% humidity = great times!

:) ok, they could probably leave out those parts ;)

#19 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

• Studios God

Posted 19 October 2003 - 07:14 PM

QuickGold said:

You must be talking about those paper mills near, in and around teh swamps... The best smell around. LOL

#20 User is offline   BDANtheman29 

• Senior Studios Member
  • Interests:Riding the RnR over and over again!

Posted 26 October 2003 - 08:59 PM

As many of you probably know, the new Soarin' Over California attraction that will be placed in the Land at Epcot will just be called Soarin' for now. WDI plans to put a new video into the attraction where it could be renamed. I don't really care as long as we get the ride. Afterall, there will be a new video in the future anyway. It will keep things fresh for WDW.

Has any new information become available about the 20K lagoon? There is lots of talk about this around the net (both WDW and DLR).

:joker: Brendan :joker:

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users