Studios Central: Disneyland/WDW Honeymoon - Studios Central

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Disneyland/WDW Honeymoon

#1 User is offline   PixieDust 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Disney, music, reading, fun stuff. ;-)

Posted 21 October 2008 - 08:01 PM

Okay, so I'm doing a dual honeymoon. We are getting married at WDW, with a 4 night honeymoon at Disney's Polynesian Resort in the honeymoon room (they only have one in the resort!) And then we are spending 4 nights at Disneyland at the Disneyland Hotel!

Both of our deposits are down!! And we have most of the WDW one paid off, and we are hoping for shower/wedding gifts to pay for our hotel for the rest of both of them!

Theme park admission is free for us so we'll be okay there at both places.

We just need spending money and whatnot.

Our meals at WDW are...
Ohana (wedding dinner)
Coral Reef (honeymoon)
California Grill (honeymoon)

Our meals at Disneyland are...
A special "surprise" that I don't want to jinx...
Blue Bayou
Hook's Pointe

But of course, I'm open to suggestions for all the other meals!

We are starting our honeymoon the night before the wedding, so that will be the rehearsal dinner so even though we have four nights at each hotel, we still going to have a few meals.

So any suggestions, this and that. Our honeymoon is packed at WDW full of family obligations and a Wildlife Safari and a portrait session.

Our Disneyland Honeymoon is going to be kinda an amusing trip. My parents are coming along (my mom and husband to be have never been to disneyland). Also two of our close friends are also coming along because all six of us are hoping for the once and a life-time opportunity to eat at our special Disneyland surprise.

However, what does everyone suggest?

I know WDW so I don't need too many suggestions there, but I'm open to more, but I'd love more Disneyland ones!
Jeanne
Engaged July 17th, 2008 @ Sunset Point
3/3/09 - Sunset Point Wedding
AIM: PixieSBPassion

MySpace

Glenn is my hero!!

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 21 October 2008 - 08:31 PM

I can't comment on DL but have a fabulous time

#3 User is offline   gsonoda 

• Studios Veteran
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:I am a fan of hilarity.

Posted 21 October 2008 - 09:35 PM

That sounds awesome Jeanne :lol: You and Ryan will have a great time. I'm a huge fan of the Poly (which is not surprising considering where I'm from) and I can just imagine how incredible the suite is.

You got some good choices for dinner at WDW too - I've tried the Coral Reef not too long ago and I was impressed at the atmosphere more than anything. Are you guys having lunch anywhere specific or you just going to enjoy the parks and the resort and play it by ear?

Unfortunately, I haven't been to Disneyland in forever so I can offer no advice there - all I can say is that I know you guys will have an excellent time. Lucky!
Glenn

The reigning Star Wars Trivia Champion - 2008 and 2009

"Upon entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic."

#4 User is offline   PixieDust 

• Studios God

Posted 22 October 2008 - 08:08 AM

Aww thanks Matt!

And thanks Glenn! I'm excited! Which you know, but anyway, it should be fun.

As for lunch plans, none yet. We are going on the Wildlife Discovery Excursion and we also have a portrait session so that will be a big chunk of our day. Other than that, we will be entertaining some and seeing family but not sure what else! We definitely want to spend some time at the Poly!
Jeanne

MySpace

Glenn is my hero!!

#5 User is offline   Jeanine 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 22 October 2008 - 05:45 PM

For DLR, probably the restaurant with the best rep is Napa Rose in the Grand Californian. It's terribly expensive, but the food is very good. The service swings around wildly, ranging from terrific to "ehhh."

Inside DL, the Blue Bayou and Club 33 are great choices. I like Cafe Orleans, however there's some menu overlap with Blue Bayou, so you can probably skip it if you're already having the monte christo sandwich there. I also like the Chinese chicken salad at Redd Rockett's in Tomorrowland.

Unfortunately the fancy restaurant in CA recently closed but a lot of people like the Wine Country Trattoria. Personally, I find the food ok but unexceptional. One place that I might try is Ariel's Grotto--it's fixed price, but they recently changed the menu to one more interesting than before, and the view is great. A cheaper option is the Cove Bar which is right over the Grotto and which doesn't need ADRs.

For places around the area, I love Roy's which is a few blocks away from the resort in the Gardenwalk mall.

#6 User is offline   PixieDust 

• Studios God

Posted 01 November 2008 - 12:25 PM

Thanks Jeanine! I've eaten at Ariel's Grotto before, and it was entertaining. We will probably be staying in the parks for most of our time! We will be going back every few years though so we will get to try it out!
Jeanne

MySpace

Glenn is my hero!!

#7 User is offline   PixieDust 

• Studios God

Posted 01 November 2008 - 12:25 PM

Okay...

Let's see...

Not much else to report. Ryan got his tux. Don't remember if I posted this photo or not. I don't believe I did!

Posted Image

There it is. He has the vest, tie, and matching little handkerchief to just go with his normal black suit. As soon as it showed up at the house, he tried it on, and he LOVES it, so that makes me happy!

My mom is bringing my best friend from Wisconsin, Sarah, down in January to throw a wedding shower for us! So if anyone wants to attend, let me know! It's sometime mid to late January... and its a bit shower in Florida with Ryan's mom and some aunts and whatnot. It should be entertaining!

My mom got Ryan's mom and Step-mom's phone numbers so they can start bonding... should I be afraid?

Other than that, I helped my mom look for MOB dresses online, and she has a few options, so that makes her happy!

We're just saving up money, but its going to be difficult because of my surgery coming up, and insurance doesn't cover all of it, so we may have to cancel our disneyland honeymoon if we don't make it, but Ryan refuses for that to happen, so here is hoping that my future hubby has everything planned out, because I am at a loss!
Jeanne

MySpace

Glenn is my hero!!

#8 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 01 November 2008 - 04:56 PM

Hope everything works out for you and Ryan Jeanne! I know how financial issues can be daunting but I hope it all works itself out in the end.

#9 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP
  • Interests:Golf, Disney, Sports Junkie!

Posted 01 November 2008 - 11:13 PM

Congratulations and good luck Jeanne. There are very few, if any, moments in life as special as your wedding. Enjoy your wedding day because it can move rather quickly.

#10 User is offline   Cinerama513 

• Studios Regular
  • Interests:Film, Theater, Amusement parks

Posted 02 November 2008 - 10:34 AM

Although this is a bit off topic, I felt it was necessary. Upon scanning the rest of your photo album with the photo of Ryan's Tux (Sorry for snooping), I stumbled upon this photo of your cat:

Posted Image

I then did a double-take and quickly made sure I had not accidentally switched to my own photo album because this is a photo of my cat:

Posted Image

#11 User is offline   PixieDust 

• Studios God

Posted 02 November 2008 - 07:14 PM

Thanks Matt! I'm sure it will!

And thank you ADP, I know wedding are special, and I am sure this will be no matter what!!! :-) I don't care much about details or anything, as I'm marrying my everything and that's all that really matters.

And Cinerama - Thanks! Smores does look a lot like your cat! That's my radioactive, special stray kitty, who never stops talking! :-) I hope yours talks a lot also!
Jeanne

MySpace

Glenn is my hero!!

#12 User is offline   PixieDust 

• Studios God

Posted 19 January 2009 - 04:49 PM

Just a random update...

We're 6 weeks out as of tomorrow.

We're going to be going to Disneyland from March 6-10th and have some AMAZING stuff planned there!

We also have our 4 nights at Disney World so we'll be celebrating our wedding on both coasts!

Everything is just done and its basically just waiting now. Tomorrow we get the marriage license, and Wednesday i pick up my dress from being hemmed! Then it's just payment time!!

We're having a shower in a few weeks so hopefully we'll get lots of great stuff of our our Disney honeymoon registry to help with our trips!
Jeanne

MySpace

Glenn is my hero!!

#13 User is offline   bjohnson 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 19 January 2009 - 07:28 PM

Have a great time!

#14 User is offline   MaxiBarns 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Running, Eating, Laughing, Running, Eating, Laughing

Posted 19 January 2009 - 08:35 PM

Just a thought:

We did our wedding dinner at Ohana...it was our "reception." As a fun surprise for our guests I ordered chocolate (white and dark) Cinderella Shoes filled with mints to be put on the tables. The restaurant had it all set up before we got there. It was cool when we walked in, you could tell which tables were ours. We broke them open at the end of the meal as Wishes was playing...too fun.

All the best!

Kristen

#15 User is offline   Sleepless Knight 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Star Wars, Disney, Pixar

Posted 19 January 2009 - 08:45 PM

Have a wonderful time. I'm an annual passholder to Disneyland, so I know a little bit about the restaurants, though I rarely do sit down there.

I noticed that someone mentioned Club 33 as a dining option. In order to dine there, you either have to be a member, which is very, very expensive(I think around $10,000 annually) and currently has a years long waiting list just to join or know someone who has a membership. If you know a member there, you can get in if they set up a reservation for you, but you must buy a one day ticket to Disneyland to eat there even if you already have admission to the park. I know 4 people who have eaten there. 2 of them raved about it like it was one of the best experiences of their life and the other 2 told me that it was cool and all, but not worth the money.

My favorite is Carnation Cafe on Main Street. It's very inexpensive and is very good. I've walked up there and gotten a table 2 minutes after a parade ended. In fact my parents have eaten at both Blue Bayou and Carnation Cafe. They said that Blue Bayou was okay, but very overpriced and this was before Disneyland raised the prices. They liked Carnation Cafe a lot better. For character meals, I've done the Minnie and Friends breakfast at Plaza Inn on Main Street. A wide variety of characters with great interaction and the food was good.

If you have any other questions about the DLR, let me know.

#16 User is offline   PixieDust 

• Studios God

Posted 19 January 2009 - 10:17 PM

Thanks Kristen, but that won't be in our budget plans. We are having two other receptions with favors.

As for uhm Club 33, that might be in our cards. :thumleft: Like March 7th... at 7:15pm? Or not... :D

I want to go to the carnation cafe, and we may go to the blue bayou!
Jeanne

MySpace

Glenn is my hero!!

#17 User is offline   Sleepless Knight 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 20 January 2009 - 12:51 AM

When you didn't want to jinx it, I wondered if you had Club 33 reservations. If you go to Carnation Cafe, I recommend the loaded baked potato soup as either an appetizer or a meal if you're a light eater and just want the bowl. Either way it's great.

In all honesty, Carnation Cafe is slightly more expensive than some of the counter service places except you're waiting for someone to bring you your food instead of standing in line for it. And yes, I'm including tip in that equation. It's a tremendous value.

#18 User is offline   PixieDust 

• Studios God

Posted 20 January 2009 - 09:24 AM

Thanks for the info. I can't wait to go! We'll be making more reservations soon!
Jeanne

MySpace

Glenn is my hero!!

#19 User is offline   Sleepless Knight 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 20 January 2009 - 09:34 PM

Enjoy it. Disneyland itself is my favorite park in the entire world.

#20 User is offline   PixieDust 

• Studios God

Posted 22 January 2009 - 11:53 AM

Sleepless Knight said:

Enjoy it. Disneyland itself is my favorite park in the entire world.

Thank you!! We are looking forward to it! :D
Jeanne

MySpace

Glenn is my hero!!

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic