• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ADP - Live From Disney World

#21 User is offline   queenofthehouse 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Disney, Disney and more Disney

Posted 16 July 2008 - 10:08 PM

Thanks for the report. I can't believe that people would actually stand on line for 2 hours for TSM. Incredible.

I look forward to tomorrows report about Hollywood Studios. I hope you get to ride TSM with a more resonable wait time. AND I hope you run into lots of COH characters. Can't wait to see the photos.
Maureen
(Lowell's Mom)
Mad, Mad, Mad about Disney!

May 21-28, 2013
Wilderness Lodge

#22 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP
  • Interests:Golf, Disney, Sports Junkie!

Posted 17 July 2008 - 06:07 AM

queenofthehouse said:

Thanks for the report. I can't believe that people would actually stand on line for 2 hours for TSM. Incredible.

I look forward to tomorrows report about Hollywood Studios. I hope you get to ride TSM with a more resonable wait time. AND I hope you run into lots of COH characters. Can't wait to see the photos.

Thanks Maureen. I sort of thought we might not be able to ride last night. I have been reading here of long, long waits; especially at night. With DHS having evening EMH last night I knew crowd levels would be higher than usual. My expectations were set when we went into DHS last night so it wasn't a huge disappointment. With today being the day after evening EMH crowds should be a bit lighter.

We are on our way out for the day. We are headed to Cape May for character breakfast and then to the Studios. Talk to you later.

#23 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 17 July 2008 - 11:42 AM

Good luck on getting on TSM tomorrow Aaron!

#24 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP

Posted 17 July 2008 - 01:32 PM

Thursday, July 17th

Hi Everyone,

We are back from our morning at Cape May at the Beach Club resort and Disney's Hollywood Studios.

We had a very good breakfast. I must say Cape May provides a delicous breakfast. The food is top notch. I know its not hard to mess up breakfast, but the eggs, sausage, bacon, and everything else for that matter was absolutely delicous. The food was the best part of the meal. The service and character interaction was not bad either. Everything I tasted was prepared very, very well. There is a salmon and capers bar located near the entrance to the restaurant. A nice touch for those who like salmon.

We checked in at 7:45 and were seated immediately. The format for the breakfast is all you can eat buffet. The characters at the breakfast this morning were Goofy, Minnie, Chip & Dale. They are dressed up in their beach attire. Goofy is the headliner for this breakfast as his name is on the title.

I highly recommend this breakfast if you have little ones who need a character fix. Adults can revel in the delicious food and the kids will love the character interaction. It is also nice to be at the boardwalk area before the parks open. You are very close to EPCOT and just a boat ride away from DHS.

Our total bill was $51 with the 20% DDE discount and 18% automatic gratuity. I thought it was worth it.

Here are some photo from our breakfast this morning.

My plate of food.
Posted Image

The pastry bar in the buffet area.
Posted Image

Anna and Goofy in his beach attire.
Posted Image

After our breakfast we jumped on the boat at the Yacht & Beach boat dock and headed for Hollywood Studios. We arrived just before 9:00AM and waited for the park to open. Once the gates opened we headed right for Toy Story Midway Mania. I wanted to get a fastpass immediately. Can you believe the fastpass time was already at 10:40AM. I got a fastpass and we jumped right in line. The wait time posted was 25 minutes. Very accurate in my opinion.

This is a great attraction; especially for the Studios. It fits very well. As of right now there are capacity problems. I'm hopeful it will get worked out over the next few months, but when wait times are 80 plus minutes in the AM and fastpasses are gone by 11:30AM something is a miss. The one thing going for this attraction is the queue line. It kept me entertained just looking around. The visual elements are a great queue survival tool.

We rode the attraction twice this morning. My first score was 128,000 and my second was 165,000. Not bad. I wished we could have jumped back on, but the wait time was already 80 minutes at 11:00AM. This attraction is wildly popular. If you really want to ride it get to the park when it opens and make it your first stop. If you arrive to the Studios in the afternoon you may very easily be out of luck.

Here are some photos from Toy Story Mania this morning.
Sign outside of the gates at Hollywood Studios
Posted Image

The fastpass return time was already at 10:40AM at 9:10AM in the morning. Is that possible?
Posted Image

Mr. Potato Head. The 1 million dollar audio animatronic. He's amazing and entertaining. The voice of Mr Potato Head is none other than Mr. Don Rickles.
Posted Image

The Studios wasn't overy crowded this morning. Wait times for the other attractions were 30 to 40 minutes including Tower of Terror and Rockin Rollercoaster. Attractions we experienced this morning/afternoon were Muppets 3-D, Star Tours, Toy Story Mania, Tower of Terror and we also caught a few shows from the Citizens of Hollywood. Oh! And Anna also got her hair wrapped.

Here are some photos from our morning/afternoon inside Hollywood Studios.

In The Can productions. Francis Floot was as funny as ever. Had the whole audience splitting sides over some of his jokes.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Anna and Francis shared some nice times together this afternoon.
Posted Image

Alberto Dante...Show Director.
http://i205.photobuc...icture130-1.jpg

The fastpass machines were actually being used at Indiana Jones today.
http://i205.photobuc...icture126-1.jpg

Construction walls on the Streets of America. You could here hammering and electrical saws behind them.
http://i205.photobuc...ture122-1-1.jpg

It was a very nice morning. We are headed down to the pool right now. I plan on taking in some time at the Trout Pass pool bar and/or maybe the Territory Lounge a little later. I'll be back tonight with a picture update of both.

#25 User is offline   COH#1fan 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, travel, comics, live performance

Posted 17 July 2008 - 06:04 PM

Say, did Francis Floot do a solo set where he has a cartoon sketch that he is thinking about submitting to the Brown Derby restaurant once he gets famous? :mrgreen:
"In an age of fads, copycats, and rapidly changing trends, you have chosen to stand out from the rest and be an individual. We applaud your courage and self-expression. Thanks for being a part of our show today. Don't ever change. The world needs more people with your spirit." - The Citizens of Hollywood

#26 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP

Posted 17 July 2008 - 09:35 PM

Snuggie said:

Say, did Francis Floot do a solo set where he has a cartoon sketch that he is thinking about submitting to the Brown Derby restaurant once he gets famous? :mrgreen:

No. At least not that I saw. He was picking on a 10 year old boy who had a batman shirt on. He kept referencing Universal Studios Orlando...."You know that other studios park about 20 minutes away....Go! Go there!" LOL!

#27 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP

Posted 17 July 2008 - 09:41 PM

Hi Everyone,

We are back from our afternoon/evening. We changed our plans a bit and headed over to Downtown Disney this afternoon/evening. I also stopped in the Territory Lounge for a quick drink.

We took the bus to Downtown Disney from the Wilderness Lodge. Once we arrived at the Marketplace I left Kim and Anna and took the walking trail to Saratoga Springs preview center to meet our vacation guide. I enjoy speaking with him whenever I get the chance. Today, I had somewhat of a specific purpose in mind. On August 30th we have 85 Disney enthusiasts who will be attending a meet in the indianapolis area. Quite a large group. I spoke to our guide about the meet. He was amazed at the turnout. We discussed the possibility of DVC supplying some small trinkets to hand out at the meet. I won't discuss much more, but I'm hopeful our discussion will help enhance the meet. :lol:

By the way, Matt. I saw Marissa at the the sales center and said hi. I told her to pass along greetings to you.

After I left our guide I headed back to Downtown Disney where I met up with Kim and Anna at the World of Disney. We purchased some souveniers and gifts for family back home.

While Kim and Anna continued shopping I stepped out the back entrance and snapped some photos of construction progress going on in the Marketplace.

Construction walls around the Marketplace stage.
Posted Image

Here are a couple shots of the new T-Rex Cafe set to open this Fall. I've heard November 1st, but that is not official. It is going to be a large restaurant.
Posted Image

Posted Image

After we left the World of Disney we took a trip over to Goofy's Candy Company. A trip to Downtown Disney just doesn't seem right without a visit to Goofy's.

Here are a couple shots of what we purchased.

Anna had a pink cupcake.
Posted Image

Kim and I chose a Peanut Butter Heaven and a piece of peanut butter fudge.
Posted Image

After our desserts we decided to head back to the Wilderness Lodge. When we arrived I headed over to the lobby and stopped in the Territory Lounge for a quick drink. The lounge is somewhat small. It is warm and relaxing. There is a flat panel TV on the wall. I ordered a frozen margharita and had a nice conversation with the bar tender. The lounge is located off the fine dining establishment in the lodge called Artist's Point in the back left corner of the lobby. It is a nice spot to go if you just want to get away from the hustle and bustle of WDW.

Here is a photo of my frozen margharita.
Posted Image

Tomorrow we check out of the Wilderness Lodge Villas and check into the Polynesian Resort. We are looking forward to our stay there. Before we check into the Polynesian we have a breakfast reservation at 9:45AM at The Wave. I wanted to try this restaurant since it just opened. I'll let you know about our experience tomorrow afternoon.

Here's one more shot from the lobby of the Wilderness Lodge. The lobby Spring which leads to the main pool in the back of the resort.
Posted Image

Here's a shot of a Lego family at Downtown Disney.
Posted Image

Here's another shot from afar at the Marketplace at Downtown Disney.
Posted Image

Finally, we purchased an exclusive pin for Anna. A Star Tours fastpass pin.
Posted Image

Up Next:
Breakfast at The Wave
Checking-In to the Polynesian
Polynesian Pool
The Magic Kingdom

#28 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP

Posted 18 July 2008 - 02:21 PM

Friday, July 18th

Hi everyone,

We are back from our morning and afternoon activiites. We visited The Wave this morning, checked into the Polynesian, and spent some time at the pool while our room was getting cleaned and ready.

We checked out of the Wilderness Lodge Villas and began the next segment of our trip at the Polynesian. Before we checked into the Polynesian we took the boat from the Wilderness Lodge dock to the Contemporary. We had a 9:45AM ADR at The Wave.

The restaurant is on the 1st floor and it replaced the Food & Fun Center. My
1st impression of this restaurant is adult oriented and somewhat upscale with a relaxed atmosphere. The bar area is very nice; however, the seating off the bar is unusual. It has a round sofa type seating. I took a walk through the bar and was surprised to see it was open at 10:00AM in the morning. I spoke to the bar tender who confirmed "Yes, the bar is open, can I help you?" LOL!

The staff at the restaurant went out of there way to be friendly. They even gave Anna a couple pins and a tinker bell light up figurine for her drink.

The menu has a healthy food type of appeal to it. There are several multigrain breads and cheeses which give you that impression. The prices are above average for breakfast; however, I will say the food is delicious and worth it in my opinion. If you order a multigrain or organic item from the menu it will cost you slightly more.

I had the fetta and spinach scrambled eggs with breakfast potatos and a biscuit. Kim had a ham and cheese omlette with breakfast potatos and a biscuit. As I mentioned earlier the food was prepared very well. My spinach was served on the side and not prepared in the omlette; which was probably a smart decision by the chef. I also ordered coffee. One thing you should know about the coffee at The Wave. It is not your typical Disney/Nescafe coffee. It is one of the few places on property that serve something other than Nescafe. It is an organic coffee from Columbia. I believe our server called it Joffers coffee. I noticed it right away when I took my first sipp it was something different. It was very good.

Our total bill came to $32.25 with our 20% DDE discount and automatic 18% gratuity. If you enjoy a nice quiet breakfast and ordering off a menu is your thing then you should try this restaurant. It is a different Disney dining experience. My impression is that this restaurant was built to appeal to convention goers at the Contemporary.

Here are some photos from our breakfast at the Wave.

Restaurant entrance located on the 1st floor in the back of the lobby.
Posted Image

A shot of inside the restaurant.
Posted Image

My breakfast; fetta and spinach scrambled eggs. Very tasty.
Posted Image

Here's a very new hidden mickey inside the bar's wine display. The bar has a very large south of the equator wine selection. Hey Matt, make sure to let Steve Barret know when you see him. :lol:
Posted Image

We left the restaurant and took the escalators up to the 4th floor to catch the monorail to the Polynesian.

While we were waiting for the monorail I snapped this picture of what used to be the Concourse Steakhouse. It will soon be a new counter service option on the Grand Canyon Concourse.
Posted Image

We rode the resort monorail around to the Polynesian and went down to the front desk to check-in. Before I officially checked in I asked the front desk to locate a friend of ours who had been helping us plan our trip. Her name was Allison and she works in the Itinerary Planning Office. She said to look her up when we arrived, so we did.

Here is a photo Anna and I took with her. If you are reading this Allison; Thank You Very Much for your kindness and hospitality.
Posted Image

After we checked in (our room was not ready yet) we decided to head out to the pool. Anna and Kim came to the Poly with their bathing suits on underneath their clothes. I had other ideas. I spent the time at the Barefoot pool bar. After a few drinks and a conversation with a nice gentleman from Scottland I walked around the pool and resort and snapped a few photos. The Polynesian is a beautiful resort with plenty of nice views.

The volcano at the Volcano pool. The pool slide winds through the inside.
Posted Image

Lobby beauty in the Great Ceremonial House.
Posted Image

Volcano Spring which heads towards the volcano pool.
Posted Image

A shot of the Volcano pool this afternoon.
Posted Image

Construction at the back of the Great Ceremonial House. Cast Members told me they were replacing windows. Not sure why.
http://i205.photobuc...icture156-1.jpg

After we left the pool we discovered our room was ready. We have a garden view room on the 3rd floor of Tokelau with a partial lagoon view. A great view of the Grand Floridian. Since we are on the 3rd floor we have a balcony. Rooms on the second floor do not have a balcony. I believe that is the case in most, if not all the longhouses here at the Polynesian.

Here is the view from our balcony. Sunset Point is just to the right out of view.
http://i205.photobuc...icture158-1.jpg

Earlier, when we were on the second floor of the Great Ceremonial House I stopped at the coffee/sushi bar. They were currently selling coffee and pastry. I asked the Cast Member about the sushi and she said the sushi bar would open at 5:00PM and close at 10:00PM. So, for those who wish to try it out those are the hours. I will grab a photo of the sushi bar sometime this weekend.

Later this afternoon we will be headed to the Magic Kingdom via the monorail. The Magic Kingdom is open until 11:00PM this evening with Extra Magic Hours until 2:00AM. We plan on stopping at Casey's Corner for dinner.

Before I sign off for now here are some photos I snapped this morning of the construciton at the Contemporary Villas or Bay Lake Tower.

Side view of the tower showing windows and other exterior going up.
http://i205.photobuc...re142-1-1-1.jpg

Here is a shot showing some sort of observation tower being constructed at the top of the tower. Maybe for firework viewing, maybe not.
http://i205.photobuc...icture144-1.jpg

Here's a shot of the new pathway leading from the new tower to the current Contemporary tower.
http://i205.photobuc...icture143-1.jpg

#29 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 18 July 2008 - 04:06 PM

Love all the photos Aaron. And I heard you visited my fiancee at Saratoga the other day, which was a nice surprise :lol:

#30 User is offline   Eric 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 18 July 2008 - 05:16 PM

Thanks for the review of The Wave. I haven't heard much about it so far.
Eric
www.MouseGuest.com

"Universal is like Wal-Mart with roller coasters."
- Buzz Ardman to Paige Turner, 11/1/08

#31 User is offline   Jeanine 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 18 July 2008 - 08:01 PM

Does the sushi bar take the DDP, I wonder? Would it be CS? Or TS?

#32 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP

Posted 19 July 2008 - 12:02 AM

Jeanine said:

Does the sushi bar take the DDP, I wonder? Would it be CS? Or TS?

Not sure...I'm going to drop by there tomorrow to find out. I'll pick up a menu and snap a photo of it as well. I'll also find out about the DDE or DDP options.

#33 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP

Posted 19 July 2008 - 12:05 AM

Hi Everyone,

We are back from our evening at the Magic Kingdom. Tonights update will be a bit short because we got back kind of late.

After we left our room at the Polynesian we jumped on the monorail and headed for the Magic Kingdom. Tonight was Extra Magic Hours so the park was open until 2:00AM; however, we only made it until 11:45. The park wasn't as crowded as I expected. Wait times ranged anywhere from 10 minutes on Pirates to 50 minutes on Peter Pan. The best time to ride attractions was during the parade and fireworks. We took full advantage of that.

Here are a couple of photos as we entered the Magic Kingdom this evening.

The roof tarp of the boat launch has been removed probably just for a quick refurbishment.
Posted Image

Landscape Mickey Mouse with the Main St. Train Station above.
Posted Image

The first thing we did when we entered the Magic Kingdom was head to Casey's Corner for a hot dog. For some reason I had a craving this afternoon for one of those hot dogs. We all had a hot dog with french fries and a drink. We also got a cup of the cheese sauce for our fries.

Here are a couple shots of our meal at Casey's

Restaurant signage out front...Casey's jersey
Posted Image

My hot dog platter. Craving satisfied!
Posted Image

After our meal at Casey's we headed for the attractions. Attractions we experienced this evening were Big Thunder (fastpass), Jungle Cruise (fastpass), Peter Pan, Mad Tea Party, Haunted Mansion, Laugh Floor, and TTA.

One note, we saw several Dream Squad members walking around the park interacting with guests this evening. They were not handing out any prizes, but just conversing and interacting with guests.

As we were walking out of Tomorrowland I snapped this photo of Cinderella Castle. The weather was beautiful this evening.
Posted Image

Before we left the Magic Kingdom this evening we made one more stop at the Main St. Ice Cream Parlor. We all had a single scoop of ice cream in a cup. It was an end to a terrific day.

Up Next:
Magic Kingdom
Polynesian Fun & Games
Dinner at Ohana

#34 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP

Posted 19 July 2008 - 03:49 PM

Saturday, July 19th

Hi Everyone,

We are back from our morning/afternoon at the Magic Kingdom. We had breakfast in the room this morning so we could get to the park when it opened at 9:00AM.

When we arrived the park had just opened and we headed straight for Fantasyland as we had not had the opportunity to do some of the attractions there yet. All Fantasyland attractions were pretty much a walk on until 10:15AM except for Dumbo. When is it ever? The park was not very crowded this morning or even the early afternoon. We found wait times to be anwhere from 10 minutes to 30 minutes from 10:30 until 12:30. We noticed a big spike in wait times as we were leaving the park at 1:30. For instance Splash Mountain went from 30 minutes to 70 minutes in about 30 minutes time. A huge difference.

Here are a few wait time photos from this morning.

Pirates of the Caribbean was a 10 minute wait most of the morning and into the early afternoon.
Posted Image

Big Thunder Mountain was 30 minutes most of the morning until around 12:30.
Posted Image

Here's a photo of the crowds from Frontierland looking towards Liberty Square. Pretty thin crowds.
Posted Image

Attractions we experienced this morning were Winnie the Pooh, Snow White, Dumbo, Mad Tea Party, Goofy's Barnstormer, Buzz Lightyear, TTA, The Laugh Floor, Big Thunder Mountain (Fastpass) Splash Mountain (Fastpass), Hall of Presidents, and Pirates of the Caribbean. We were going to ride Stitch's Great Escape, but it was broken down.

Here is a photo of Anna and I getting ready to ride Dumbo.
Posted Image

Here's a shot of Anna and I going down the big hill of Splash Mountain. DOWN THE CHUTE!!
Posted Image

The Liberty Bell riverboat.
Posted Image

Buzz Lightyear Anamatronic. "Attention Space Rangers....Standby!"
Posted Image

Lollipop trees in Tomorrowland.
Posted Image

We left the Magic Kingdom around 1:30PM. On our way out we saw the Mayor of Main St. He's a heck of a nice guy.
Posted Image

We took the monorail back to the Polynesian. We strolled around the Great Ceremonial House. I took a few photos.

Here's a few shots of Captain Cooks; the counter service restaurant at the Polynesian. You can order your food at the video kiosks. They also serve Dole Whip.
Posted Image

Seating area. Additional seating is next door and outside.
http://i205.photobuc...ture181-1-1.jpg

Captain Cooks baked goods
http://i205.photobuc...icture182-1.jpg

Here's a shot of the coffee bar. Later in the day it turns into a Sushi bar.
http://i205.photobuc...ture166-1-1.jpg

We are planning on taking it easy the rest of the afternoon. Kim went out to the quiet pool to catch some sun. Anna and I may head to the arcade. We have a 6:30 ADR at Ohana tonight. I'll let you know how our experience goes there. I may also leave Kim and Anna this evening, take the monorail over to EPCOT, catch Illuminations and walk around World Showcase to work off the food we will eat at Ohana.

By the way, we ran into a member of Studioscentral.com this morning going into Liberty Square. If I remember correctly, her name was Julia Rodriguez. She was there with her Daughter. If you are reading this, it was a pleasure meeting you. :lol: And thanks for saying hi!

More to come!

#35 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP

Posted 19 July 2008 - 11:25 PM

Hi Everyone,

I just returned from EPCOT where I did a solo tour of World Showcase and saw Illuminations. Kim and Anna decided to go to Downtown Disney's West Side to catch a movie.

Before our evening events we headed over to the Great Cermenonial House for dinner at Ohana. The best way to sum up our experience tonight was hit and miss, but mostly miss. We checked in at 6:15 and were seated in about 10 minutes. The check-in area was very crowded and noisy which it usually is. I kind of like a festive atmosphere though so it was no big deal.

We had a great table next to the window with a view of the castle and the Grand Floridian. When we walked in our server brought us what he called Hawaiian bread. It was warm and had a little sweet taste to it. We all agreed it was very good.

Ohana has changed their menu since April. Sausage is no longer on the skewer. It's been replaced by shrimp. the other big change is the Maui scallop potatos have been replaced by Low Mein noodles. Losing the potatos was a disappointment. The Low Mein noodles are good; however, we liked the potatos better. Another minor change is filled dumplings replaced the chips.

I found all the preliminary food to be just ok. The salad is ok, but there's nothing in it except lettuce. The best part is the dressing. It's sweet and tangy. The highlight of the meal is when the skewers of meat arrive at your table. The skewers include shrimp, turkey, steak, and pork. The shrimp and pork were not good in my opinion. The pork was dry like it had been cooked directly in a fire. The shrimp was overcooked and almost impossible to peel successfully. The steak and turkey on the other hand were good. Both were tender and juicy.

The service was somewhat slow. Our servers name was Chris and I must say this is the longest meal we've ever had at Ohana. It's usually a rapid dining experience because the food comes at you quickly. Not the case tonight. It was a much slower pace. It was actually a bit too slow like it happened that way for a reason.

The usual enterainment was in the restaurant. The Hawaiian hula lady was there providing entertainment for the children. She was conducting limbo events and parades around the restaurant.

Our total bill was $76 with the 20% DDE discount and 18% automatic gratuity. Kim had an Island Sunset drink from the bar. I can't say this meal was worth the price. I would only tell you that most, if not all WDW restaurants are inconsistant. You need to try it for yourself to see if you like it. Tonight wasn't our best experience. If we went again tomroow night would it be better? Maybe.

Here are some photos from our meal.

Salad and dipping sauces for the skewers of meat.
Posted Image

Dumplings and honey chicken wings
Posted Image

Low mein noodles with broccoli and pea pods
Posted Image

Kim's Island Sunset from the bar
Posted Image

The fire pit. I think our pork was inside the flame
Posted Image

Before we checked in at Ohana I grabbed some photos of the new sushi bar on the 2nd floor of the Great Ceremonial House. I spoke to a Cast Member behind the counter about the DDE and DDP options. The bar does accept the DDE. As far as the DDP they also accept it; however, if you are on the regular dining plan it will cost you 1 table service credit. If you are on the deluxe dining plan it will only cost you 1 appetizer credit. Kind of a weird situation. Hope that helps Jeanine. :D

Here are the photos of the sushi bar.

Front of the bar. The sushi is prepared fresh to order. It is not pre rolled before you order it.
Posted Image

Here is the seating at the bar
Posted Image

Here's a shot of additional seating next to the bar against the window.
Posted Image

Here's the menu for the sushi bar
Posted Image

After our meal at Ohana I left Kim and Anna and headed for EPCOT. I took the walkway which leads from the Polynesian to the transportation and Ticket Center and caught the monorail to EPCOT. It was a quck trip and before I knew it I was walking through the entrance of EPCOT. The Polynesian provides the best transporation options of any resort in my opinion. Having the monorail to the Magic Kingdom and EPCOT at your disposal is invaluable.

By the way, there is a new coffee and pastry quick service location at the Transporation and Ticket Center. I was told it has been open for a couple weeks. The Mouse doesn't miss a beat does he?
Posted Image

My first stop at EPCOT was Spaceship Earth. After Spaceship Earth I started my walk around World Showcase. It was a nice peaceful walk. EPCOT was not very crowded this evening. I practically walked onto Spaceship Earth. I walked all the way around to the Japan pavillion and stopped to watch Illuminations. It was a great show. I'd never seen it from that spot.

Here are a few shots from tonights show.

A close up of the globe
http://i205.photobuc...icture196-1.jpg

"We Go On!"
http://i205.photobuc...icture197-1.jpg

I spent another hour in EPCOT after Illuminations. I continued my stroll around World Showcase at a slow pace and stopped in at Mouse Gear for a while. It stays open for quite a while after Illuminations for those last minute shoppers.

I left EPCOT and took the monorail back to the Transporation and Ticket Center and walked back to our longhouse at the Polynesian. By the way, the ride to EPCOT on the monorail is a very nice ride. It provides a great view of the inside of EPCOT as you pass through it on your way to the EPCOT monrail station.

That's it for today. Another update coming tomorrow. :r2d2:

Up Next:
Hollywood Studios (Another shot at Toy Story Mania)
Dinner at Trails End
The Magic Kingdom

#36 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney World, Harry Potter, Star Wars and my family

Posted 20 July 2008 - 09:30 AM

It was nice meeting you too. I recognized your daughter as soon as I saw her. BTW my name is Yulady Rodriguez (I now it's a hard one to remember). I found it funny that of the thousands of people in Mk we were walking next to each other going to the same general direction. I also found the park to be manegable, not really packed, we stayde until 7pm yesterday and the parking lot was half empty. I hope you continue having a great time. :r2d2:

#37 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP

Posted 20 July 2008 - 02:35 PM

yulilin said:

It was nice meeting you too. I recognized your daughter as soon as I saw her. BTW my name is Yulady Rodriguez (I now it's a hard one to remember). I found it funny that of the thousands of people in Mk we were walking next to each other going to the same general direction. I also found the park to be manegable, not really packed, we stayde until 7pm yesterday and the parking lot was half empty. I hope you continue having a great time. :r2d2:

Hi there! It was great meeting you. Sorry I butchered your first name. :D Hope you had a great day!

#38 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP

Posted 20 July 2008 - 02:56 PM

Sunday, July 20th

Hi Everyone,

We are back from our morning in Hollywood Studios. I left the room at 8:25 this morning and got to the entrance just before the park opened. I wanted to catch a few more rides on Toy Story Mania. Anna and Kim decided to sleep in a bit this morning, so I ventured off without them, but would meet up with them later.

When I arrived at the park I went straight for Toy Story Mania. When I got to the attraction they were not letting anybody in. Cast Members were lining up guests outside the attraction. At 9:10 they let the line go into the attraction. Before I jumped in line I got a fastpass; which I never needed. The standby line already had a 30 minute wait in front of me when they let us into the attraction. That was ok though because I wanted to catch another glimpse of Mr. Potato Head. You will not see him if you use the fastpass or single rider line.

Believe it or not I was able to ride TSM 6 times in a row with little to no wait using the single rider line. My high score this morning after 7 rides was 188,000. The high score for the month is 340,000. I'm still trying to figure out how somebody can get a score like that.

When I met up with Kim and Anna I made a quick stop at Starring Rolls for a cup of coffee and a cheese danish. Kim and Anna had just come off of TSM. They jumped into the standby line while I was just getting onto the attraction from the single rider line. We left the park around 1:30PM and headed back to the Polynesian.

Here are some photos of our morning at Hollywood Studios.

Studios Hours
Posted Image

Citizens of Hollywood on Hollywood Blvd.
Posted Image

40 minute wait posted as the line was entered into the attraction; however, it was a 30 minute wait.
Posted Image

Photo inside the standby queue of TSM. Scrabble and Barrel of Monkies on the celieng.
Posted Image

Mr. Potato Head. The funniest spud in town.
Posted Image

A hidden mickey in the standby queue of TSM near the floor.
Posted Image

The Studios wasn't very crowded at all this morning. Wait times were pretty low for a summer Sunday in July
Posted Image

A shot of Pixar Place showing a pretty small crowd at 10:30 this morning.
Posted Image

The fastpass time for TSM at 11:00AM. Already at 5:00PM to 6:00PM.
Posted Image

Singing in the Rain umbrella. It was a great morning to get wet.
Posted Image

We took in The Indiana Jones Stunt Spectaculor.

As Marion would say...."INDY!!!"
http://i205.photobuc...icture218-1.jpg

http://i205.photobuc...icture219-1.jpg

Made it in the nick of time
http://i205.photobuc...icture220-1.jpg

Here are some refurbishment pictures I snapped while walking through the Studios with Kim and Anna.

American Idol Construction Continues
http://i205.photobuc...ture205-1-1.jpg

http://i205.photobuc...icture206-1.jpg

Construction walls inside the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground
http://i205.photobuc...icture210-1.jpg

Construction walls around the old Al's Toy Barn
http://i205.photobuc...icture211-1.jpg

Construction progress at the old Hunchback Theater
http://i205.photobuc...icture212-1.jpg

Construction walls are still up in the Streets of America next to the Public Library. No noises coming from behind the walls today. It is Sunday I guess. :r2d2:
http://i205.photobuc...icture213-1.jpg

All quiet at Sounds Dangerous while it's under refurbishment
http://i205.photobuc...icture217-1.jpg

Some missing facade across from Lights Motors Action I've never noticed before.
http://i205.photobuc...icture215-1.jpg

Finally, a new Sid's trivia board. Enjoy!
http://i205.photobuc...icture222-1.jpg

One note. Several folks were walking around the Animation Courtyard this morning with Dream Fastpasses. Apparently, they were handed out in the One Man's Dream attraction.

In just a few minutes we are heading to the Volcano Pool. We have a 5:30PM ADR over at Trails End at the Ft. Wilderness campground. Afterwards we are heading back to the Magic Kingdom.

That's it for now. I'll be back later with more. :D

#39 User is offline   COH#1fan 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, travel, comics, live performance

Posted 20 July 2008 - 04:23 PM

[hide_me]1> Jiminy Cricket
2> The Godfather
3> James Cagney
4> Apollo 13
5> Bert[/hide_me]

I forgot to do this when I was at DHS. I was so concerned about TSM, BPB, SWW, CoH, and any more acronyms I can think of. :r2d2:
"In an age of fads, copycats, and rapidly changing trends, you have chosen to stand out from the rest and be an individual. We applaud your courage and self-expression. Thanks for being a part of our show today. Don't ever change. The world needs more people with your spirit." - The Citizens of Hollywood

#40 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP

Posted 21 July 2008 - 12:36 AM

Hi Everyone,

We are back from a long evening. We visited the Volcano pool, had dinner at Trails End over at Ft. Wilderness campground, and visited the Magic Kingdom. We stayed at the Magic Kingdom until 12:30. It was evening EMH tonight so the park was open until 2:00AM.

We spent about and hour and a half at the pool this afternoon. I took the opporunity to snap a few more photos of the resort.

Here's the crowd at the pool today at around 4:00PM.
Posted Image

The Barefoot pool bar.
Posted Image

A shot of the marina located at the Polynesian
Posted Image

A photo of the Grand Floridian from the Polynesian boat dock.
Posted Image

The beach at the Polynesian across from the pool.
Posted Image

After our visit to the pool. We changed and headed for the Poly boat dock. We took the boat to the Magic Kingdom and transferred to the Ft. Wilderness boat. The Ft. Wilderness boat dropped us off near Pioneer Hall where the Trails End restaurant is located.

Trails End is a great value. They serve the same food you will find at the Hoop De Doo Review; in fact, they share the same kitchen. Trails End is a buffet. The menu included pork ribs, fried chicken, mashed potatos, rice, corn, baked salmon, and sausage. there is also a full salad bar and dessert bar with corn bread.

I must say the food was very good. I had my share of BBQ ribs and corn bread. Everything I had on the buffet was delicious. I'd suggest taking the boat ride over to Ft. Wilderness to give it a try. Not only will you enjoy the restaurant, but you can take in some other activities like petting the animals or taking in a pony ride.

Our servers name was Diane. She did a great job. In fact, she provided us with the best service of the trip. She made sure our glasses were full and our needs were met. She was very friendly, but not overly friendly. We didn't have service issues at all from the moment we checked in to the time we left.

The total cost of our meal was $49 including the 20% DDE discount and automatic 18% gratuity. Again, this was a great value in my opinion. If you want an even better value visit this restaurant during lunch. The price is much cheaper and the food is much the same.

Here are some photos from our meal.

My plate of food from the buffet
Posted Image

Here's a shot of the buffet line
Posted Image

And finally a shot of the inside of the restaurant.
Posted Image

After our dinner Kim decided to head back to the Polynesian and rest. Anna and I had other ideas. We took the boat to the Contemporary and then walked over to the MK. Here's another photo of the new Contemporary tower.
Old versus New from the Bay Lake side.
Posted Image

The Magic Kingdom was surprisingly not as busy as I expected. We were able to ride Splash Mountain 2 times in a row with 15 to 20 minute wait times despite the sign telling us it was 30 minutes. I got soaked by the way. Anna thought it was funny.

We also took in Small World. Here are some photos from the Small World attraction.

Posted Image

http://i205.photobuc...ture227-1-1.jpg

My favorite figure in the whole attraction, the native dancer. He makes me laugh everytime.
http://i205.photobuc...icture228-1.jpg

Other attractions we experienced tonight were Laugh Floor, Mad Tea Party, Winnie the Pooh, Mickey's Philharmagic, Goofy's Barnstormer, and Big Thunder Mountain (fastpass).

Anna and I jumped the monorail back to the Polynesain and that was our evening. Unfortunately, we are checking out of the Polynesian tomorrow morning. We have one more full day left at WDW and it will be spent at Old Key West. We will miss the Polynesian. It was a great stay.

Until next time
http://i205.photobuc...icture229-2.jpg

Up Next:
EPCOT
Checking Into Old Key West
Rest and Relaxation

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users