• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Yak & Yeti

#1 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 25 April 2008 - 08:38 PM

What is everyone's opinions of Yak & Yeti?

I ate there this evening for dinner in the table service. I was surprised to know it's not Disney owned (and thus doesn't take DDE). I had the Maple Tamarind Chicken which was fairly good. I thought it was a good choice, not amazing and not bad either.

#2 User is offline   TiggerRay 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 April 2008 - 10:00 AM

We ate there in December for lunch. I thought the food was fairly good and the place had great atmosphere.

I knew it wasn't owned by Disney but a bit surprised they didn't take DDE.
Disneyland - a people trap run by a mouse.

#3 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP
  • Interests:Golf, Disney, Sports Junkie!

Posted 26 April 2008 - 02:16 PM

I have not tried the table service pottion of the restaurant, but did try the counter service. I'm sure they are much different. I'd suggest moving past the counter service. It wasn't very good.

#4 User is offline   Eric 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 26 April 2008 - 03:42 PM

Cathy & I ate there during Mousefest with Dan & MGMa. Cathy & I didn't care for our food (I thought it was no better than cheap take-out from down the street). Dan & MGMa both enjoyed their dishes.

So, a 50/50 review from the four of us. I'd try it again, though, to give it another chance.
Eric
www.MouseGuest.com

"Universal is like Wal-Mart with roller coasters."
- Buzz Ardman to Paige Turner, 11/1/08

#5 User is offline   Figaro 

• Studios God

Posted 26 April 2008 - 05:59 PM

We haven't eaten there yet. But DVC members get 10% off for lunch. :wink:

#6 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 26 April 2008 - 07:28 PM

What bothers me about non-Disney restaurants that don't take DDE is that these same restaurants take the Disney Dining Plan, so clearly they could take DDE but Disney chooses not to push it and it bothers me because its yet another perk that has diminished value for AP holders :roll:

Thanks for mentioning the 10% off for DVC members Kim....I'm sure that helped someone :P

Luckily for us they gave us 20% off for CM discount so it wasn't a total loss. Like I said, Yak & Yeti is good, not great.

#7 User is offline   Jeanine 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 27 April 2008 - 01:58 AM

Plbbpt. I've had the crispy honey chicken and the shrimp tempura--the latter was average, and the former was considerably sub-. The only thing I've liked there was the green beans, which are really good. Other than that, my brother had the pho, which he said was great for diets, as it made him resent food for the rest of the day (I am not sure if he ever had pho before, so that may be more a pho judgment than a Y&Y judgment on his part.)

After two strikes, I think I'm done with it, until I start hearing about improvements.

#8 User is offline   TiggerRay 

• Studios God

Posted 29 April 2008 - 09:28 AM

Mmmmm.....that crispy honey chicken sure is good eatens.
Disneyland - a people trap run by a mouse.

#9 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike
  • Interests:star wars, sci-fi, fantasy sports, superheroes, chasing my kids and chasing my wife

Posted 13 May 2008 - 02:44 PM

TiggerRay said:

that was OK, as was the kung pao beef
JAMBO EVERYONE!

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

#10 User is offline   Willful 

• Studios Regular

Posted 16 October 2008 - 11:17 AM

MJMcBride said:

TiggerRay said:

that was OK, as was the kung pao beef

I really enjoyed the Kung Pao beef at the Yak & Yeti QS. Not too spicy (which was a bit disappointing) but the flavor was VERY good! :(

#11 User is offline   YoPaulie 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 17 October 2008 - 09:36 AM

We did the counter service version last week; found the portion sizes for the price to be large (compared to home) and quality comparable to what we get at home. Our party got 2 of the Shrimp Lo Mein, I got the mandarin chicken salad, and another ordered the beef.

Everyone was satisfied; it was fast, hot, and ready to go @ 11:00 AM. Just before rides on Everest and Kali. I've been now to the Table Service and the Counter service aspects, and liked both.

Please read my blog, The World by Day
Follow me on Twitter! YoPaulieNJ

#12 User is offline   Ken In Atlanta 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 17 October 2008 - 10:38 AM

QuickGold said:

What bothers me about non-Disney restaurants that don't take DDE is that these same restaurants take the Disney Dining Plan, so clearly they [i]could[.

I wrote about this in my Trip report from Feb. About how our server told use how the DDP works at these non-disney owned resturants.

But we really enjoyed our meal at the Table service part. This past trip in Aug we ate at the quick service part, and wasn't that thrilled with the quick service as it was no better than Panda Express (infact I would say worse) and about 3 times more expense.

#13 User is offline   Willful 

• Studios Regular

Posted 17 October 2008 - 09:12 PM

Ken In Atlanta said:

But we really enjoyed our meal at the Table service part. This past trip in Aug we ate at the quick service part, and wasn't that thrilled with the quick service as it was no better than Panda Express (infact I would say worse) and about 3 times more expense.

Wow, that's funny because we were kinda disappointed in the table service Yak & Yeti food (and especially the service) and liked the QS. Maybe because when I ate at the QS my expectations were low. :wink: I definitely want to try the TS again sometime as I've heard others that like the TS.

#14 User is offline   UrsulasShadow 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 26 November 2008 - 12:12 AM

I liked Yak & Yeti when I went last year. Service was great, because I sat at the bar (service is always better at the bar!). I think I had the tamarind chicken, and it was pretty good. The couple next to me got ribs, which they went on and on about, so I assume they were good.

I might try it again this year, if I get hungry while I'm in AK.

#15 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 26 November 2008 - 11:46 AM

I haven't been back since my first visit, mostly I think because they don't take DDE and quite honestly, I much prefer Tusker House if I'm going to go for a sit down.

#16 User is offline   Ken In Atlanta 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 26 November 2008 - 12:21 PM

QuickGold said:

I haven't been back since my first visit, mostly I think because they don't take DDE and quite honestly, I much prefer Tusker House if I'm going to go for a sit down.

I have to give Tusker House another try, but I was there the same day as Scopa was last time (or the day after), but Tusker House was gross in its cleanliness of the plates. There was still food on the "clean" plates, and that really messed with my appetite.

#17 User is offline   Eric 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 26 November 2008 - 04:50 PM

The counter service on the side of Yak & Yeti was decent to good. The sit down meal at Yak & Yeti was poor to fair. That said, I'd try the sit down again to give it another shot.
Eric
www.MouseGuest.com

"Universal is like Wal-Mart with roller coasters."
- Buzz Ardman to Paige Turner, 11/1/08

#18 User is offline   Jeanine 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 26 November 2008 - 10:50 PM

Having tried the sit-down part again, I think the key is to stick to appetizers. So far the seared ahi and the green bean appetizers are better than any of the entrees I've tried.
Posted Image

#19 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike
  • Interests:star wars, sci-fi, fantasy sports, superheroes, chasing my kids and chasing my wife

Posted 29 November 2008 - 09:16 AM

Eric said:

The counter service on the side of Yak & Yeti was decent to good. The sit down meal at Yak & Yeti was poor to fair. That said, I'd try the sit down again to give it another shot.

I thought the CS stuff was poor to fair myself. The beef was slimy but the honey chicken thing was OK. This place pales when compared to Flame Tree or even Pizzafari
JAMBO EVERYONE!

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

#20 User is offline   emilyrose0507 

• Studios Newbie
  • Interests:SCA... and Disney, odd mix I know ..

Posted 15 December 2008 - 08:34 PM

We ate there in October and loved it. The food was very good as well as the tea. When our daughter who was 15 months at the time saw us using our chopsticks and wanted to try her hand and them as well. It was very cute to watch her eat the Lo Mein with them. She got tired of using the chop sticks and thought that the carrot sticks in the lo Mein would work just as well. There was a couple sitting next to us that had more fun laughing at her and her attempts to eat like everyone else. in the end she gave up and used her fingers. The price was not that bad, close to what we pay at home and was much better tasting too. It was very cold the day we were at the AK so sitting upstairs and watching it rain worked out great. After our daughter had lunch she spent the rest of the time people watching and talking to the family's by us. We would go there again the next time.
I am going to try to add photos of the day I hope it works.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users