Studios Central: Worst weather EVER! - Studios Central

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Worst weather EVER!

#1 User is offline   disneynut68 

• Studios Veteran
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:All things Disney!!!!! Video games, music, movies, sports, reading

Posted 16 October 2007 - 02:28 PM

My wife and I just got back from WDW, we were there from October 4th-October 13th. On Friday October 5th we went to the Studios and encountered the absolute WORST weather that I have ever seen in all the years of my going down there. It rained buckets for most of the day. Lights, Motors Action was cancelled due to the inclement weather and I even believe that Fantasmic! might have been too because when we were sitting there in the proirity seating area there was thunder and lightening and then the downpours came. My wife and I decided to bail at this point in time since it was our first full day and didn't want to risk getting sick. We went back to the studios later in our trip and the weather that day was fine.

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 16 October 2007 - 03:21 PM

Sorry to hear about the weather Keith. I had a similair experience at Animal Kingdom on a somewhat recent trip where monsoon rains swooped in and we opted to go back to the resort and enjoy the hot tub (rain isnt so bad when you're in the hot tub and we had it to ourselves :) )

#3 User is offline   Blixzit 

• Studios God

Posted 16 October 2007 - 05:31 PM

It seemed like somewhat of a curse that whenever my dad would take me and my brother to AK back in the first few years of it opening, it would rain. Like we would go to Epcot, and the sky would be soooo dark, but it would be perfectly dry all up until we walked passed the turnstiles at Animal Kingdom. It became a running gag with us. It was weird.

#4 User is offline   Jeanine 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 18 October 2007 - 03:38 PM

We were at AK on the 28th and it pretty much dumped on us. AK always seems worse because there's virtually no cover at some points--every awning/store/cart umbrella was totally packed. We finally ended up just going on Kali River Rapids, under the assumption that we could not get any wetter.

I did however, discover that they will still run Everest in the rain, which ends up being an experience like riding on the freeway in a convertible with the top down, in a hailstorm. I missed the yeti altogether, because I literally couldn't see with all the rain in my eyes.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users