Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A failure of imagination....

#1 User is offline   Blixzit 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 September 2007 - 05:36 PM

I completely disagree with everyone who doesn't like The Studios other than the thrill rides. I think out of all 4 parks, it is the best themed. It's not like the Kingdom's where it's broken up into separate lands, or Epcot where it has 2 basic themes with sub-themes in them. I think The Studios is one very well themed park and the shows and attractions reflect that theming very well.

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 12 September 2007 - 07:06 PM

Thanks for your feedback Jake :D

Jake is referring to this article I wrote today: http://www.mgmstudio...n/weekly46.html

#3 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord
  • Interests:Hockey/Star Wars/Disney

Posted 12 September 2007 - 09:09 PM

Great article Matt. I agree with both of you minus this one point. The failure of the Studios right now for me centers on the loss of the animators and there being no sort of productions made there. I think there is a great deal to to at the park and I'm always finding something new, but not having any sort of production (live or animated) hurts the overall presentation.

Disclaimer...: It hurts the overall presentation, but not to the point of discouraging me from visiting!
The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be ...unnatural.

POFQ May 16-19

#4 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 12 September 2007 - 10:06 PM

I agree with you Colin about the end of animators really hurt the park. Given, I wanted to show some of what you can do right now rather than lament about what could have been. It's too bad though.

#5 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP
  • Interests:Golf, Disney, Sports Junkie!

Posted 13 September 2007 - 09:02 AM

Very nice article Matt.

For the WDW fanatic we know what you mean about detail and streetmosphere. For the casual visitor or first time guest The Studios can be a walk through. Until guests truly understand the level of detail Disney puts into its parks you will always get those who say the Studios is a half day park.

If I may play devils advocate for a minute I don't think I would go as far as saying the Studios is the best themed of the four parks. I still give the slight edge to the Magic Kingdom; however, the Studios is right up there with it.

I've said before the Studios lacks organized theming. The theming of the park is excellent, it just seems scattersd to me. It's like somone threw all of these great ingredients into a bowl, put a lid on it, shook it around for while, and dumped it on a table. If you look at the Studios from above you could almost say the park does not follow Disney's traditional hub and spoke design.

Nevertheless, as the park continues to evolve it will be interesting to see what the future holds. I have a feeling WDW executive management will be making an even greater investment in the Studios over the next 5 years.

#6 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 13 September 2007 - 09:36 AM

I won't argue against the Magic Kingdom having a better level of theming because the level at which both parks have their theme and design is up there.

And you're right about the first time guest or casual visitor, but those folks are the ones who aren't "jaded" yet about there not being enough to do. More than likely, they're the ones that try to do it all.

#7 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord
  • Interests:Hockey/Star Wars/Disney

Posted 13 September 2007 - 12:06 PM

Don't pay any attention to me. I understood what you were doing with the article. I've just had a "bad" on for the past few months over the animators and the lack of any sort of Studios production. Even a childrens program.... you could film a Wiggles like program just about anywhere.

The problem is that I love the park but get greedy and always look for a little more. :twisted: It's the Sith in me.
The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be ...unnatural.

POFQ May 16-19

#8 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 14 September 2007 - 12:14 PM

Don't blame you one bit Colin :D

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users