Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Disney on Sunday

#1 User is offline   Blixzit 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 August 2007 - 05:37 PM

Sunday morning I woke up at 7am and couldn't remember why I got up that early for. It took 10 minutes lying in bed before I thought, "Oh yeah! I'm going to Disney today!" So I got up and got ready. When I arrived I headed over to Epcot to meet my CM friend who gave me one of her comp tickets. I then went straight to the bus for Animal Kingdom.

First I went to Everest. Unfortunately the single rider line had not opened up yet, so I went on Dinosaur. It has been a few months since I rode it so I wanted to refresh my memory. I really enjoyed it. I started to realize the way the track is laid out while I was riding it. My inner Imagineer is just dying to come out! Lol. After the ride I was getting hungry so I started walking to Africa.

I should mention that I rarely have any sort of "Day Plan". I just go and do whatever. Totally random. Anyway, I ended up at Tusker House at around 10:30. They were still serving breakfast, and since I haven't had breakfast at the parks in over 10 years I chose to eat there.

I had scrambled eggs with bacon, home fries, a biscuit, and some O.J. That was a really good breakfast. I thought it would have been worse, but it was great. After breakfast I went back to Everest. With the single rider line now open, I happily walked in line.

About 5 minutes later I was pulling down the lap bar and then out of the station. During the second lift hill I pointed out to the person riding with me that I could literally see my house from there. After I got off I went right back in the singles line, which is very conveniently located right next to the gift shop (ride exit). After the second time, it was exactly 11am.

I decided to go to the Studios now. I got there at about 11:30. Ok, so now would be the only sort of planing I had. Every time I come to the studios, my first actions once in the park are always the same:

Go to Tower
Get fastpass for Tower
Go to Coaster
Get in singles line for Coaster
Ride Coaster
Repeat previous action until fastpass for Tower is valid

2 Coaster rides later I used my fastpass for Tower. Only rode Tower once, then went over to Min & Bill's and got a drink. Started walking towards Star Tours. The wait time for ST was about 30 min, so I went to get a fastpass. When I was waiting to get one the couple in front of me gave me 3 FPs that where valid to use right then!

So I walked in the FP line and when it wasn't moving another couple behind me were talking about getting more FPs. They were concerned that they wouldn't be able to get FPs and ride in time with their other plans, so I gave them the 2 other FPs I had. Star Tours isn't a ride I would want to do 3 times in a row anyway. Once is good enough for me.

After ST I headed over to the Backlot Tour. Wait time was only 10 min. The tour guide was pretty funny. As were the guests who volunteered in the special effects scene. During the tour I remembered the longer version, because this version lacked the houses. So I think this was the first time I rode the BlT since LMA has been put here.

Once I got done with the BlT I decided to leave and go to the Magic Kingdom. I forgot to charge my camera battery the night before so I didn't bring it with me, but I did write down Sid's Trivia questions on my way out of the park. I'll post them later.

I arrived at MK at around 2:30. I saw the white ropes and tape on the ground so I knew the parade was about to start. So as people started to gather and crowd the side walks, I hung out in VMK Central. Haven't used VMK in over a year so I had to make a new account. After about 20 mins, and most of the parade gone by, I left VMK Central and walked to Adventureland.

By now it was very very very hot and even more humid so I stopped by and got a Dole Whip. Oh how I love the DW! It has been a while since I had one. Melting Dole Whip in hand, I walked over to the Jungle Cruise. Wait was 45 min. Didn't want to get a FP, so I spent $2 on the little boat "game". It was kinda cool. But I really don't think they should charge for that.

Once I finished the DW I walked over to Pirates. Much to my surprise, wait time here was only 10 min! The sign said 20, but the CM said it was really about 10. He was right. I got in line, in the nice cool air. After riding I walked over to Splash & Big Thunder. Splash's wait was 80min, BT was only 30, but most of the queue is in direct sunlight. And the FP distribution for both was a little to late for me.

So then I walked over to Haunted Mansion. Took a couple pictures with my phone of the scaffolding and tarps covering the front of the mansion. There was some guy right in front of the wall they put up, and he appeared to be smoking a cigarette. However, when I walked by him, I smelled a very distinct smell, and I knew that it was no cigarette. I looked at the time and saw that it was 4:20. So I laughed and kept walking.

Walked all the way to Tomorrowland. Space Mountain's wait was 60min, and the FPs again were too late for me. I then went to the TTA. So glad it was running today, I needed a rest. Once that was over I left MK. When I got back to TTC I was thinking about going back to Epcot and actually going in the park, but it was 5:00 and it would have taken a few hours to get there and do a couple of rides then come back.

Since I was using the bus pass my dad uses to get to work, I decided to go home. Once I got home I had some dinner, then passed out. Didn't wake up till 3pm today! Lol.

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 13 August 2007 - 09:28 PM

I love the breakfast at Tusker House Jake. Sounds like you had a good time, but I don't know how you don't go without any plan :lol: Unless the park is completely dead (whick both were not yesterday), I always have some sort of a plan for the park. But that's my Type A personality trait coming out. Thanks for posting your report.

#3 User is offline   Blixzit 

• Studios God

Posted 15 August 2007 - 07:40 PM

I saw this sign at Tusker House and it made me laugh so I took a pic of it with my phone.

Posted Image

#4 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 15 August 2007 - 08:15 PM

I love little funny signs like that Jake

#5 User is offline   Blixzit 

• Studios God

Posted 15 August 2007 - 08:17 PM

Me too.

Share this topic: