• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What is your Favorite Disney Resort?

#21 User is offline   dmb_44067 

• Studios Newbie
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 February 2008 - 08:46 PM

I have not stayed at all the resorts ( yet ) but of the the ones we have stayed at we like the Beach Club the most. It is nice and close to Epcot and great for walking back and forth to the park.

#22 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 20 February 2008 - 12:09 PM

Welcome to Studios Central dmb_44067!

#23 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP
  • Interests:Golf, Disney, Sports Junkie!

Posted 20 February 2008 - 08:46 PM

1. Polynesian - Great Disney theming and wonderful location. Transportation options abound and great dining options.
2. Animal Kingdom Lodge - No where in the world can you get an experience like this. Watching the animals from your balcony is awesome. Oh! And the pool bar rocks!

#24 User is offline   Ken In Atlanta 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 22 February 2008 - 12:49 PM

Even though I haven't stayed there AKL still evokes a sense of wonder to me, and I just love to soak in the view and the experience.

Out of the ones I have stayed at (Saratoga, Pop, and CBR). I had the most fun at Pop so I would have to say that one.

#25 User is offline   queenofthehouse 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, Disney and more Disney

Posted 22 February 2008 - 02:46 PM

Ken In Atlanta said:

Even though I haven't stayed there AKL still evokes a sense of wonder to me, and I just love to soak in the view and the experience.

Everyone shoud get a chance to stay at AKL at least once. It is amazing.
Maureen
(Lowell's Mom)
Mad, Mad, Mad about Disney!

May 21-28, 2013
Wilderness Lodge

#26 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 22 February 2008 - 04:56 PM

Ken In Atlanta said:

Out of the ones I have stayed at (Saratoga, Pop, and CBR). I had the most fun at Pop so I would have to say that one.
You liked Pop more than Saratoga? :huh:

#27 User is offline   Ken In Atlanta 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 22 February 2008 - 09:53 PM

QuickGold said:

Ken In Atlanta said:

You liked Pop more than Saratoga? :huh:

I am going to have to say yeah at the moment because
1. I am not a fan of pastel buildings
2. The themeing was more "there" at pop
3. We go commando style to the parks so we aren't at the resorts much.
4. Pop just seemed more "fun"
5. We had a studio at Saratoga so I got the pull out instead of a real bed.

But I can tell if we were there longer and had more "down" time, then Saratoga would be great to lay about

#28 User is offline   queenofthehouse 

• Studios God

Posted 23 February 2008 - 12:44 AM

Ken In Atlanta said:

I am going to have to say yeah at the moment because
1. I am not a fan of pastel buildings
2. The themeing was more "there" at pop

I would have to agree with you about Saratoga. I wasn't impressed maybe it's because all the other resorts that I've stayed at had more of a Theme going. Saratoga just seemed kind of blah. But maybe I'm not being fair, we were gone most of the time and really didn't see a lot of the resort. I would only go back if the price was right and I'm a little disappointed that the passholder discounts seems to be there.
Maureen
(Lowell's Mom)

May 21-28, 2013
Wilderness Lodge

#29 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 23 February 2008 - 10:57 AM

It may have helped I was upgraded from a studios to a 1br at Saratoga when I stayed there but I felt it was fantastic. Obviously the rooms are new(er) and you get a kitchen(ette) and if you play your cards right, for about the cost of a moderate resort.

#30 User is offline   Figaro 

• Studios God

Posted 23 February 2008 - 11:37 AM

Those 1 bedrooms tend to spoil you :huh: It's soooo nice having that extra room, especially with kids. They get 1 room we get the other. We haven't stayed at Saratoga and honestly, I'm kind of reluctant to try it. I really prefer the other DVC resorts more.

AKV are amazing! We stayed there for 1 night and I was hooked, we're going back in October for 10 nights. We stayed at the AKL in 2001 and it was nice too. The only drawback I find is the time it takes to get anywhere.

#31 User is offline   queenofthehouse 

• Studios God

Posted 23 February 2008 - 12:20 PM

Figaro said:

We stayed at the AKL in 2001 and it was nice too. The only drawback I find is the time it takes to get anywhere.

I agree; the bus ride is usually long to get anywhere. But the bus is never crowded.

Out of the Value resorts, which do you like better. Matt seems to like the All Sport, and Ken like Pop. I've been to All Music. Anybody been to All Movies? I'm thinking I should go back to the value resorts for my next trip. Lately we're always on the go and never get to apreciate what the resort has to offer and I'm speding big bucks, even with the passholder rate. Not like a few years ago, when you could stay and AKL or WL for only $99.00, now even with the passholder it's over $200
Maureen
(Lowell's Mom)

May 21-28, 2013
Wilderness Lodge

#32 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 23 February 2008 - 02:24 PM

I really like All Star Sports, especially the refurbed rooms they have there. It's the least crowded of the All Star Resorts typically.

#33 User is offline   queenofthehouse 

• Studios God

Posted 23 February 2008 - 02:54 PM

QuickGold said:

I really like All Star Sports, especially the refurbed rooms they have there. It's the least crowded of the All Star Resorts typically.

Least crowded sounds good. Were the other value resorts get a refurbed too? We're not big sports people, which is why I never really considered All Star Sports. Except baseball, I do like to watch the Red Sox, but I'm watching alone.
Maureen
(Lowell's Mom)

May 21-28, 2013
Wilderness Lodge

#34 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 23 February 2008 - 08:51 PM

queenofthehouse said:

QuickGold said:

Least crowded sounds good. Were the other value resorts get a refurbed too? We're not big sports people, which is why I never really considered All Star Sports. Except baseball, I do like to watch the Red Sox, but I'm watching alone.
Music had some room refurbs but I believe Movies has not.

To me, the theme (Sports, Music or Movies) is a fairly subtle difference so staying at Sports doesn't bother me as opposed to Movies or Music in terms of theme. It all comes down to Sports being less crowded for me.

#35 User is offline   Ken In Atlanta 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 23 February 2008 - 09:19 PM

QuickGold said:

It may have helped I was upgraded from a studios to a 1br at Saratoga when I stayed there but I felt it was fantastic. Obviously the rooms are new(er) and you get a kitchen(ette) and if you play your cards right, for about the cost of a moderate resort.

I think it was also that Saratoga looked alot like my apartment complex on the outside (except for the pastel)

#36 User is offline   Figaro 

• Studios God

Posted 24 February 2008 - 09:55 AM

queenofthehouse said:

Figaro said:

We stayed at the AKL in 2001 and it was nice too. The only drawback I find is the time it takes to get anywhere.

I agree; the bus ride is usually long to get anywhere. But the bus is never crowded.

Out of the Value resorts, which do you like better. Matt seems to like the All Sport, and Ken like Pop. I've been to All Music. Anybody been to All Movies? I'm thinking I should go back to the value resorts for my next trip. Lately we're always on the go and never get to apreciate what the resort has to offer and I'm speding big bucks, even with the passholder rate. Not like a few years ago, when you could stay and AKL or WL for only $99.00, now even with the passholder it's over $200

That's a tough one! I liked Sports but it was a few years ago. I agree with Matt that they all have similar theming, so that really wasn't important to me. We were lucky since there were no team events going on during the time we were there either. I've heard some nightmare stories about that.

At Pop, when we had a good location, it was nice. When we had a bad location....it was BAD! (Right outside the "quiet" pool...apparently 2AM doesn't count as "quiet" time to some people :roll: ) In the good location, we were able to see fireworks from Epcot at night right outside our door and it was far from all the noise & traffic. If I could be guaranteed THAT area/room, I would go with Pop...unfortunately they can't do that LOL

#37 User is offline   TheEdgeU2 

• Studios Newbie
  • Interests:Boston Sports

Posted 24 June 2008 - 07:37 PM

My favorite is the Contemporary, especially in the tower. The rooms are nice and comfortable, the monorail and gift shops are right outside your door, and the view of the Magic Kindom is amazing. You can watch the fireworks from the deck.

I also like the Saratoga Springs. Our room was big, and we had a perfect view of Downtown Disney. We got to watch the special fireworks on the 4th of July over the water.

#38 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 24 June 2008 - 07:59 PM

I just ate dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse and it was spectacular. Expensive, but worth the money :cry:

#39 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Harleys, my pets and WDW!!!

Posted 24 June 2008 - 08:06 PM

I LOVE the roominess of the 2 bedroom and Grand Villa accomodations at OKW (have stayed in both numerous times). The Grand Villa is amazing!!!! It's nice having so much room and a full kitchen!!! LOVE the ambiance of the Grand Floridian (stayed there 3 times) especially during the holidays. Caribean Beach was also nice but I thought the price was a bit high given the size of the room and this was when it was the lowest rung of on site rooms. I visited friends staying at All Star Sports and thought the bigger than life footballs & Coke cups outside the building was (for my taste) a bit tacky although I could see kids enjoying the theme. Hopefully, I will be staying at DVC at Animal Kingdom in January if we can get reservations and am looking forward to that experience!!!!!
Debbie
DVC Old Key West 9/27- 10/5/2013 for Food & Wine w/ friends from NJ
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

ConGaloosh 2013 - September 27 - 29, 2013
www.congaloosh.org

#40 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord
  • Interests:Hockey/Star Wars/Disney

Posted 25 June 2008 - 07:37 AM

Port Orleans, FRENCH QUARTER is our favorite. Although there are many we have not stayed at, every room is within easy walking distance of the Food Court, shop and pools.

I love Carribean Beach too, but you can really be stuck out there at a distant end sometimes, too far from everthing.
The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be ...unnatural.

POFQ May 16-19

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users