• Location:MIAMI, FLORIDA are planning to move to Orlando, Florida

Posted 10 August 2007 - 08:01 PM

Mine is the Coronado Springs Resort, Contemporary,Etc.:kermit:

#2 User is offline   TiggerRay 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 August 2007 - 10:07 PM

Old Key West, then the Polynesian.
Disneyland - a people trap run by a mouse.

#3 User is offline   queenofthehouse 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, Disney and more Disney

Posted 11 August 2007 - 12:02 AM

This is very difficult:

Caribbean Beach: love the tropical theme - the food court has great choices - beside the main pool are smaller private pools - you can see the fireworks - a very relaxed resort

Contemporary: love that you can walk to the Magic Kingdom or more importantly, love that you can walk back especially after the fireworks when everyone is going to the buses - Nice having the monorail and Fun being there with Chef Mickey's

Animal Kingdom Lodge: Savanna view love waking up to a Giraffe at my window - Pool view in the winter time is mystical with the fog that the heat from the pool creates while meeting the cool morning air - The lobby is beautiful and you need to stop and look in all the cases (don't just hurry by them while rushing for the bus) - everyone needs to go the the AKL at least once.

Polynesian: Loved being able to see the MK fireworks and the castle and you can even hear everything because they have speakers set up - loved sitting on the beach watching the fireworks - loved being in the pool while watching the fireworks (I really like the fireworks) - and it was GREAT having the monorail

Wilderness Lodge: this is my son's favorite - I love the lobby, it's beautiful - I like being up on the 6th floor looking down on the lobby - don't forget to check out all the animal carvings in the wood - love having the water launch to the MK - Courtyard view is really nice looking onto the pool and out at the lake - the view is also nice from the water launch or from the pool area looking towards the resort - the rooms have been updated and it's a job well done - the Whispering Canyon is fun for all and don't forget to ask for ketchup (or yell for it).

I still can't decide on my favorite, but I haven't been to all of them yet and that is my goal.
Maureen
(Lowell's Mom)
Mad, Mad, Mad about Disney!

May 21-28, 2013
Wilderness Lodge

#4 User is offline   macsmom 

• Studios Newbie
  • Interests:Disney, reading, trivia, lots more

Posted 11 August 2007 - 02:24 AM

I've only stayed on-site once - last October, but I booked POP again this year. I loved the theming and the CMs were all great to us. We never had long waits at the cafe, for buses, and I liked the store, too. Unless I happen to go to some of the other resorts this next trip (just days away!), I'll stay at POP again next year.

danna

#5 User is offline   queenofthehouse 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, Disney and more Disney

Posted 11 August 2007 - 11:48 AM

macsmom said:

I've only stayed on-site once - last October, but I booked POP again this year. I loved the theming and the CMs were all great to us. We never had long waits at the cafe, for buses, and I liked the store, too. Unless I happen to go to some of the other resorts this next trip (just days away!), I'll stay at POP again next year.

danna

My trip is days away too. When will you be there until?
Maureen
(Lowell's Mom)
Mad, Mad, Mad about Disney!

May 21-28, 2013
Wilderness Lodge

#6 User is offline   JEANYLASER 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 11 August 2007 - 12:23 PM

Our family love to stay in the Coronado Springs Resort.:kermit:

#7 User is offline   quakercub 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 11 August 2007 - 06:06 PM

Our favorite is probably a tie between Caribbean Beach and Animal Kingdom Lodge. Very different themes, but both very special to my partner and I. We celebrated our second anniversary splitting between these two resorts.

#8 User is offline   Howie 

• Senior Studios Member
  • Interests:Family, WDW

Posted 12 August 2007 - 06:22 AM

1) WL and just 3 more sleeps until we leave for it once again

2) GF

3) AKL

#9 User is offline   Figaro 

• Studios God

Posted 12 August 2007 - 08:19 AM

Tough one! There aren't too many I don't like.

My all time fave is the Polynesian! Love the theming, we grew up going there every year, love the location.

My home resort is the Beach Club Villas, so I guess I have to say there. :thumright: Plus great location, nice theming.

Moderate would be Port Orleans Riverside.

#10 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 12 August 2007 - 10:33 PM

Is BCV your favorite DVC resort Kim? Or just bias to it cuz you're an owner there? :D It's okay because whenever I recommend anything at MGM, everyone accuses me of being bias.....which I guess is true :thumright:

#11 User is offline   Matt Hart 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Golf, Disney (duh)

Posted 13 August 2007 - 03:41 AM

1- Poly - True Disney themeing.
2- Contemporary - Incredible views and the monorail zipping thru the lobby.
3- Boardwalk - Has a great energy to it. (Bias disclaimer - We own DVC here)

#12 User is offline   Figaro 

• Studios God

Posted 13 August 2007 - 09:12 AM

I think the BCV is my favorite but the BWV are a really really close 2nd. Since all my money goes to the BCV though, I am biased :lol:

But I do like the smaller layout of the Villa area, BWV is huge and if you get a far room, it can be a hike.

We like Stormalong Bay better than the BWV pool area. But we love the community hall the BWV has.

Most of the other things are really just tiny differences that cause me to prefer one over the other. Quite honestly, we haven't stayed at the other DVC resorts yet so I can't really say how they are. We've visited them but not stayed overnight yet. (We did stay at Vero Beach and AKL before they had the new Villas)

#13 User is offline   disneynut68 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:All things Disney!!!!! Video games, music, movies, sports, reading

Posted 13 August 2007 - 09:26 AM

I would also say the Wilderness Lodge of all the ones I have stayed at. The lobby, pool and the geyser make it all a must see . Plus the Whispering Canyon Cafe is a blast and who doesnt like being that close to The Magic Kingdom? Although this is my favorite I would love to stay at the AK Lodge and my wife is dying to stay at the Grand Floridian.

#14 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 13 August 2007 - 01:19 PM

I never saw the appeal of the Grand Floridian Keith. I know it's their flagship resort but it's exorbitant price and generic theme dont do much for me. I think the Polynesian, AKL or WL all have much better theme for me. It's not to say I wouldn't stay at GF if I got a free night but it's just not thing over there.

#15 User is offline   CoasterManiac45 

• Studios God

Posted 13 August 2007 - 10:34 PM

Saratoga Springs without a doubt is my favorite resort because of its uniqueness that just gets to me everytime I see it, even though I only stayed there once.

#16 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 14 August 2007 - 06:37 AM

I tend to stay at All Star Sports because for me, it's hard to beat the price of staying here and I don't stay long enough to enjoy a lot of the resort ammenities. I did really enjoy AKL when I stayed there this past December but staying at All Star allows me to keep coming back often :D

#17 User is offline   Blixzit 

• Studios God

Posted 14 August 2007 - 05:55 PM

I have yet to stay in a resort. Been going to Disney most of my life, since I was 1 or 2, and never stayed in a resort. But I would probably stay in one of the All Stars, for the same reason you mentioned, Matt.

#18 User is offline   MJMcBride 

• Safari Mike
  • Interests:star wars, sci-fi, fantasy sports, superheroes, chasing my kids and chasing my wife

Posted 20 August 2007 - 03:28 PM

I like the AKL and the Poly and the CBR is my favorite mod resort but my top resort is the Boardwalk for the reasons set forth by Dave at Mouse Extra here

http://www.mouseextra.com/2006/11/30/will-...south/#comments

I just the placement of it between the Studios and Epcot. The bakery is pretty good abnd its nice to sit there real early or real late and watch the "world"
JAMBO EVERYONE!

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

#19 User is offline   JEANYLASER 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 20 August 2007 - 06:50 PM

My favorite is Port Orleans French Quarter. Because the water slide. I wish our family stay in the Port Orleans French Quarter.8)

#20 User is offline   Casey 

• Studios Regular

Posted 15 February 2008 - 11:55 PM

Yacht Club and Scopa Towers because they're the only two resorts I've ever stayed at at WDW. Pathetic, I know.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users