• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

HR421's Weekend 2 report

#1 User is offline   HR421 

• Studios Veteran
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Music, Movies, and more!

Posted 13 June 2007 - 10:11 PM

Hey everyone! Hope here with her first ever Star Wars weekends report! I hope you enjoy it! :mrgreen:

The first leg of the trip was spent at the Animal and Magic Kingdoms! We had a blast but I'm going to skip stright to the SWW witch we hit that Saturday. I set the alarms for 6 AM and we got at the park by seven. I was beeming with excitment dispite the 9 hour drive only two days eariler. I was thirlled to get there two hours early thinking I was going to be ahead of the game. Boy was I wrong, I saw the huge line and as bad as I hated it, I decided to skip Ray and headed for Jay Laga'aia's line. Had I know that fans started lining up at 3 that morning, I would have been there at two! :evil:

Dispite the setback, the rest of the day was perfect! I got to meet some very nice people while waiting in line, we were also very close to the front so we would meet Jay very early. I thoughly enjoyed the Stormtrooper skit, one of them even pointed me out of the crowd and aimed his blaster at me, maybe it was due to all the rebel aliance gear I was sporting. Anyway, after grabbing the fastpass we headed stight for Star Tours! The wait was like ten minutes! What a rush! It really got the whole family in the mood for all the Star Wars fun ahead. :r2d2:

It was great riding Star Tours again! It brought back a flood of great memories from my very first visit! We ran into Princess Leia in the Ewok vilage who was very nice! Although Shawn and Jason didn't think much of the princess, she posed with me and my dad. The fact Dad was willing to pose with Leia really made me smile. Leia saw my rebel X-Wing armband and said "I though I reconised you, your one of our pilots". All I could do was simle becasue the little kid in me was going "HEY, I'm talking to princess leia! this is awesome!" :woot:

We headed back to the front of the park and got a GREAT spot to watch the Star Wars parade! My heart jumped up with excitement when the Star Wars theme song blared across the speakers and the Jedi Mickey led the pack of lucky "younglings" in a most wonderful parade! It supprised me that some of the characters posed for pictures along the parade route. I even got to shake hands with wicket! I waved at the three stars and the 501st legion with a huge smile on my face! :mrgreen:

After the parade we did Muppet Vison and lauged along with our favorite muppets. I decided next we should take Shawn and Jason to the Empire's sector. We hit it a great timeing. The lines were short and the Troops were out potroling the street! We met Darth Vader and Boba Fett! I espcilay loved meeting Vader. Althouh I had seen Vader before It was still a great rush and unforgetable feeling! The machanical breathing effects were a nice touch that really set the mood for the meet! I walked up and said "Well hello there tall, dark side, and handsome". Although Vader was in character I simply placed my hand on his shoulder and said "Ooo, a though guy. I like that in a man." He posed with my brothers and signed their autograph books and I gave him a big hug (although Vader clearly didn't approve) I blew him a kiss good bye and he started to chase after me. I leaped up and hid behind on of my brothers seeing that I was now a part of the show! 8)

I really enjoyed meeting with Boba too! Jason (my youngest brother age eight) was almost afraid when Boba began to walk towds him with his big blaster in hand. I told Boba that Jason didn't have a bounty on his head but Shawn did. (My other brother, age 10) He signed autogrphs and posed for picks with the three of us. I had goten so wrapped up in the fun I had almost forgoten about the "Stars of the Saga" talk show! :blink:

I knew that "Stars of the Saga" was a MUST see! The sit down in the shade under the fans was a nice break from all the heat. When we got in the theater I grabbed my camera and took lots of snapshots of the stormtroopers! I laughed and cheered on the troops as the entertained the crowds with the preshow! The show it's self was wonderful and I was so glad we were able to get a seat. IT was nice to see the three stars just talking about movies and swapping behind the sceens stories. The crowds got to cheer on Ray when he did a backflip on stage and we all laughed at the end when Jay got Daniel and Ray to dawn mouse ears and sing the "Mickey Mouse March". It really put me in a great mood. :mrgreen:

Seeking refuge from the heat it was back to the Imperial sector to raid Jabba's Hut! I picked up some nice suvoniers for myself, my best friend, and my little brothers. The AC was nice and cold and a welcome change to the humitiy outside! I really enjoyed seeing Han's carbonite slab! I must have stared at it for ten minutes in awe! I was fantasizing about owning the very expencive master replica collectables when we headed back outside. We still had a few hours before our faspass meet with Jay Laga'aia so we walked outside and got in line to meet Darth Maul. :twisted:

If I couldn't meet Ray Park, I might as well meet his onscreen counterpart. Althouh I apreacated the fact that everyone was in chracter I flet Maul was a little TOO much in character. I did enjoy meething Maul though, I love all the detail on the makeup and the contacts gave me chills just like they did the first time I laied eyes on him in Episode one! :thumleft:

It was almost time to see Jay! We headed over to Bay Lake (witch ended up making a GREAT backdrop for the pictures we took) to meet Jay. Shawn and Jason were no where NEAR as excited as I was but then again, I felt they may yet be a little to young to really aprecatie the actors rather than the charcters they played on screen. We were first in line but unfotuanlty were passed making us the third in line. It didn't bother me too much though. :D

It seemed that everyone was going one at a time, I told Jason to go on first because he was the youngest but Jay looked at me and asked "Are you three all one family?" A bit confused I said "Well, Yes." He motioned us all to come up "Come on you three". He was so nice and signed Shawn and Jason's autograph books. He asked what our names and asked if he was spelling them right when signing Shawn and Jason's books. He even gave them autographed headshots. :pirate:

I asked Jay if he would mind to sign my backpack. He said he would mind but he would love to! He asked for my name and signed it, "to the beautiful Hope, Jay Laga'aia/Captain Typho". It may sound cheesy but I felt just like a princess. I asked him to take a quick picture with us so I handed off the camera and got a wonderful photo of all four of us. What happened next could have very well been the highest point of my day. Jay looked at Shawn and Jason and told them to move becasue he wanted a picture with just me and him. I was kind of glad I missed Ray Park because the fact he paid so much attention to us really made me feel on top of the world. :mrgreen:

We were all smiles as we made our way to the great movie ride. After words we hit the Sci-Fi Dine In to eat dinner and take a break from all the Star Wars fun! It was nice to sit back and relax at the "drive in". My mom and dad loved the atomosphere and Shawn and Jason loved the fact the tabels were shaped like cars. Shawn and Jason really seemed to enjoy watching the old sci-fi movies. The food was very good and got us all refuled and refreshed for the last leg of the day! The line for Star Tours was unusally shot and next thing I knew we were rushing over for the second time! I expected to see Shawn and Jason at the front but to my suppise it was my dad leading the pack! The ride was just as good, if not better the second time around! :woot:

THE HYPERSPACE HOOPLA! To be perfectly honest I didn't have a clue what to expcet. We caught the end of the last Jedi Acadamy. We couldn't see the stage due to the massive crowds. We tried our best to get Shawn and Jason a good veiw but only to end up pushed to the back out towrds the left side of the stage. I was almost ready to leave because we couldn't see anything but mom talked me into staying. She reminded me that we may never get another shot at this. Wow was I glad she talked me into staying. Athough we coudn't see a single thing on stage, whenever the characters were done on stage they were walking around the back on the left side where we were standing. We got some great photos becasue of this. Some of the chacters branched out into the crowds. Some were posing for photos and others, some were signing autographs, and some of the characters would dance with you! It was the most fun! :woot:

Shawn and Jason got their picture with an Ewok and got to shake hands with Kit Fisto. I took snapshots of Luke and R2 walking by and got Chebacca's autogrpah (just like I promissed my cousion David I would) The music was great and after a few rounds of practice I was a master of the Hyperspace Hustle! I got to dance with Chewbacca and a Gamorian Gaurd! The Jawas and Ewoks were very funny to watch. I also caugh a glimpse of Jango and Zam Wesel mingling with the crowd. Even my mom and dad started dancing together. It was a nice sight to see them get to cut loose and be kids again. :content:

It had been the PERFECT day! Although the Star Wars events had come to a close there was still some time left in the park so taking the advice of Ray and Daniel we rushed over to the Rockin' Rolercoastr! It was about an hour long wait but entirely worth it! We discussed the highlighs of our day as we waited. My mouth was watering at the sight of the Gibson Les Paul guitar in the display case. Being a guitar player myself I really enjoyed seeing all the recording equitment and concert posters! It was a wonderful note to end the day on. All in all I give the Star Wars weekends two thumbs way way way way way up! Easily a AAA+ I hope we can go back one day but I hope they push it back to may when it's just a tad cooler! So until next time gang, may the force be with you! :thumleft: :) :jedi:
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 14 June 2007 - 12:15 PM

Thanks for posting your report

#3 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord
  • Interests:Hockey/Star Wars/Disney

Posted 14 June 2007 - 08:51 PM

Sweet report. It's great to hear you had a good time! MTFBWY!
The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be ...unnatural.

POFQ May 16-19

#4 User is offline   HR421 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Music, Movies, and more!

Posted 14 June 2007 - 10:57 PM

The SWW trip would have not been such a sucess without all your help Quick Gold and Dark Lord! THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH! Also thanks to everyone else on the borad who gave great advice! MTFBWYA! :thumleft:

#5 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord
  • Interests:Hockey/Star Wars/Disney

Posted 15 June 2007 - 07:14 AM

HR421 said:

The SWW trip would have not been such a sucess without all your help Quick Gold and Dark Lord! THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH! Also thanks to everyone else on the borad who gave great advice! MTFBWYA! :)
:thumleft: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :thumleft:
The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be ...unnatural.

POFQ May 16-19

#6 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 15 June 2007 - 11:14 AM

Glad we could help :)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users