• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Movies

#1 User is offline   David 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 June 2003 - 05:03 PM

I know there is already a thread like this, but favorite movies come and go. Right now, my favorites are,

Empire Records - Such a funny movie. It has so many songs in it, they couldn't even fit them all onto a soundtrack. It stars Ethan Embry, Liv Tyler, and Rory Cochrane just to name a few.

Blow - There's only one word than can describe this movie, powerful. Johnny Depp does an amazing job as usual, and Penelope Cruz is great at playing a evil woman(seeing as she is one in real life).

Jackass - This movie is so incredibly stupid, that its hilarious. I'm a big fan of the show, so I was anxious to see the movie. It certainly lives up to its name. :D

Minority Report - This film is so futuristic it just blows me away. Steven Spielberg really knew what he was doing when he made this one. Tom Cruise suprisingly pulls it off and plays a good fugitive :lol:

Final Destination - This is my 2nd favorite movie of all time. I've seen it about 15 times, and it just gets better and better. The acting is weak at times, but a few cast members pick it up(Kerr Smith,Sean William Scott). Plus, the girl who plays Kerr Smith's girlfriend in it is really hott :twisted:

#2 User is offline   TowerOfTerrorFreak 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:FIRST OF ALL My Husband! Music, Tower Of Terror, Tower Of Terror, Aerosmith, The Beatles, My iPod, Tower Of Terror....and Tower Of Terror

Posted 15 June 2003 - 01:54 PM

Magical Mystery Tour - Staring the Beatles...
A Hard Days Night - Staring the Beatles
Waynes World 2 - Aerosmith is in that one..
Singing In The Rain - Love the Music
Dragon Heart - That movie I can watch over and over and over again

~*~*~*~TOWER OF TERROR~*~*~*~*~

Ladies and Gentlemen Welcome to the Hollywood Tower Hotel. We would like to remind you that the Twilight Zone Tower Of Terror features a high speed drop and you should be in good health free from heart condition back or neck problems, or any other physical conditions which could be aggravated by this adventure. We are sorry but children under thee seven years of age are not, not accompanied by an adult or guest that do not meet the 40 in. height requirement may not ride. While waiting to check in we ask that you step all the way forward and fill in all thee available space around you. Food and Drinks should be finished upon entering the hotel lobby and for the courtesy of those around you smoking is not permitted. Also for your safety we ask that you and your children do not stand or walk on the garden walls. Thank you and do enjoy your stay at the Hollywood Tower Hotel. (I know they dont say this exact announcement anymore..but....I like this one so....yea........lol!!)

Tower Of Terror : 105 TIMES!!!

*~*~*~Jackie~*~*~*

I LOVE WALT DISNEY!!!!!!

#3 User is offline   TheTowerOfTerrorRules 

• Studios God

Posted 29 July 2003 - 01:25 AM

Just Married
Dude Where's My Car
Tower Of Terror Kangaroo Jack
Moulin Rouge
Piraes Of The CArribean
and alots more!

#4 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God

Posted 30 July 2003 - 12:42 PM

my absolute favorite movie is The Princess Bride :)

#5 User is offline   David 

• Studios God

Posted 15 August 2003 - 03:21 PM

Holy crap guys. I just saw The Boondock Saints last night, and this movie is so weird... but so good at the same time. It's about 2 catholic and irish brothers who go and kill people in the mafia.

Very good stuff.

#6 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 15 August 2003 - 03:44 PM

Eh, I just posted this in another thread but.... Boondock Saints was actually a very good movie. Definetly worth a rent.

#7 User is offline   TheTowerOfTerrorRules 

• Studios God

Posted 17 August 2003 - 03:22 PM

Freaky Friday
Finding Nemo
Phone booth
Texas Rangers
Uptown Girls

#8 User is offline   David 

• Studios God

Posted 17 August 2003 - 03:52 PM

TheTowerOfTerrorRules said:

Freaky Friday
Finding Nemo
Phone booth
Texas Rangers
Uptown Girls

What about them?

#9 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 17 August 2003 - 04:54 PM

David said:

Freaky Friday
Finding Nemo
Phone booth
Texas Rangers
Uptown Girls

What about them?

I think those are her fave movies.

#10 User is offline   TheTowerOfTerrorRules 

• Studios God

Posted 19 August 2003 - 07:17 PM

QuickGold said:

David said:

Freaky Friday
Finding Nemo
Phone booth
Texas Rangers
Uptown Girls

What about them?

I think those are her fave movies.

ya i had some new faves

#11 User is offline   David 

• Studios God

Posted 19 August 2003 - 08:07 PM

Holy criz-ap! I just got back from Freddy vs Jason... its awesome! Lots of blood, lots of nudity(mostly female), lots of special effects. I won't say what happens at the end since most of ya'll haven't seen it yet.

2 thumbs up!

#12 User is offline   David 

• Studios God

Posted 22 August 2003 - 01:41 PM

Today's review -

Out Cold

I watched this last night, and starting it I thought it was going to be stupid and pointless. And I was right. But thats what makes it so dang funny! I laughed my butt off at some of the things they did. Its about a town in Alaska and the people who live there. A rich guy comes in and wants to buy the mountain there and change the whole town. It's up to a group of friends to stop him. :lol:

It has a good cast... one of my favorite ladies, A.J. Cook is in it. I knew she was but then I was watching it and I couldn't figure out who she played! I was like what?!? So I rushed upstairs to my computer and went to imdb.com and found out she plays Jenny. The blonde hair really threw me off. I was used to her being a brunette in Final Destination 2.

Aight. Good stuff.

#13 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 22 August 2003 - 03:47 PM

I saw Out Cold....it's not that bad but I wouldn't pay more than the $4 at Blockbuster to see it

#14 User is offline   Tinkerbell2004 

• Studios God
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:DISNEY

Posted 22 August 2003 - 03:49 PM

I saw Murder By Numbers last night, that movie is so good! a bit freaky and twisted but still very good!

~~~Marissa

#15 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 22 August 2003 - 03:59 PM

I would like to point out that Marissa has posted in consecutive days! :shock: Do not be alarmed. :lol:

#16 User is offline   David 

• Studios God

Posted 10 September 2003 - 01:31 PM

Review

Phone Booth

I had wanted to see this since before it came out, but never got around to seeing it at the theater. So I rented it the other day, and watched it(its short, about 80 minutes) and its very cool. It's a tad slow in parts, but then they pull something else just crazy and it picks right back up. Colin Farrel does a good job as the victim. He has to "cry" in almost the whole movie and for the most part it looks real. I've been a fan of Forest Whitaker ever since I first saw him in Good Morning Vietnam. He plays the good guy cop who's trying to get Colin Farrel to come out of the booth. Good movie overall, definitely one to add to the collection.

#17 User is offline   David 

• Studios God

Posted 10 September 2003 - 01:37 PM

Review

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

I went and saw this a couple of days ago... I wanted to see S.W.A.T but they weren't at the same times :notamused:

Sean Connery, you either love him or you hate him, I'm one of the people who loves him. My favorite movie of his by far is Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, and thats pretty much what this movie is. Indiana Jones meets Tomb Raider meets a superhero movie. Its about a bad guy, who is trying to blow up some stuff, and the "League" have to stop him. Theres a hunter,vampire,Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde,Captain Nemo,Invisible Guy, and an Immortal. Sounds cool right? The Mr. Hyde cgi is so much better than what they did with The Hulk. Suprise ending, go and see it if you want to know.

#18 User is offline   DisneyFreak1228 

• Studios God

Posted 10 September 2003 - 03:10 PM

David said:

Holy criz-ap! I just got back from Freddy vs Jason... its awesome! Lots of blood, lots of nudity(mostly female), lots of special effects. I won't say what happens at the end since most of ya'll haven't seen it yet.

2 thumbs up!

I went and saw this too, but I think they didn't do it justice. It coulda been a lot better. Or maybe (as always) my expectations were too high. *shrugs* Who knows, but I was disappointed by it. Yeah, sure, lots of blood, lots of killing (I thought it was pretty funny when Kelly Rowland of Destiny's Child became the token black person. Only I would find humor in that.) but otherwise, it was pretty disappointing for me.
*Leslie Ivette*

#19 User is offline   Tinkerbell2004 

• Studios God
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:DISNEY

Posted 11 September 2003 - 06:36 AM

The movie has no intrest to me at all, especially if there is lots of blood and stuff. I'm a wuss when it comes to all that!

~~~Riss

#20 User is offline   David 

• Studios God

Posted 11 September 2003 - 11:17 AM

Review

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

.... :( .... :ermm: .... :lol: ..... :twisted:

The way those smilies are lined up is how your face is when you first put this movie in.

It was so hard to follow what was happening! Johnny Depp plays a writer who is on an assignment in Vegas... but he never does the assignment. Instead he takes so many drugs I think he's high the whole movie except for about 2 minutes. He was awesome at the part, but sometimes you just want to kill Benicio Del Toro's character. He plays Depp's lawyer and keeps saying, "As your lawyer, I advise you to take a hit of ______"

Lots of celeb's in it, including Tobey Mcguire,Christina Ricci, and Gary Busey.

It's worth seeing at least once, and some parts are amazingly funny, but others are kind of slow.

Interesting fact... Benicio Del Toro put on 40 pounds for his role as Dr. Gonzo.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users