The Dark Lord of the Sith Weekend 1 Report

#21 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Hockey/Star Wars/Disney

Posted 02 June 2006 - 06:41 PM

UGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!

Both of you are begging for a Force Choke! :twisted:

Figaro.... My wife finds this whole thing a total panic. I'm worried we will be checking with you to see if your doing SWW next year before we book!
The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be ...unnatural.

POFQ May 16-19

#22 User is offline   Aurora's Jedi 

• Studios Regular

Posted 02 June 2006 - 09:04 PM

Thanks for the report. I started entertaining this idea when I read about SWW on SW.com. Of course it didn't help matters any when all the WDW CMs asked me if I was coming back for SWW when they saw my Darth Vader "Who's Your Daddy?" t-shirt in early May. I decided that as a Disney/Star Wars geek, I really should go to SWW at least once in my life. I figure 2007 and the 30th anniversary is a good start.

#23 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord

Posted 02 June 2006 - 09:23 PM

Aurora said:

Thanks for the report. I started entertaining this idea when I read about SWW on SW.com. Of course it didn't help matters any when all the WDW CMs asked me if I was coming back for SWW when they saw my Darth Vader "Who's Your Daddy?" t-shirt in early May. I decided that as a Disney/Star Wars geek, I really should go to SWW at least once in my life. I figure 2007 and the 30th anniversary is a good start.

It's never too early to start planning. :thumright: I've gone each of the last two years and would be lying if I didn't say that I've got an eye on Weekend 1 next year.... wife permitting of course. :shifty:
The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be ...unnatural.

POFQ May 16-19

#24 User is offline   Aurora's Jedi 

• Studios Regular

Posted 02 June 2006 - 09:44 PM

I'm single, so I don't need to ask permission, but that said, I would love to be able to share SWW with someone special next year.

#25 User is offline   Figaro 

• Studios God

Posted 03 June 2006 - 05:30 AM

The Dark Lord of the Sith said:

UGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!

Both of you are begging for a Force Choke! :twisted:

Figaro.... My wife finds this whole thing a total panic. I'm worried we will be checking with you to see if your doing SWW next year before we book!

Oh no...does that mean an even smaller MGMstudios meet??? :thumright: And I hope that's "panic" in a funny way and not a OMG...we HAVE to avoid these people at all costs "panic"! :wink:

#26 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord

Posted 03 June 2006 - 08:29 AM

Well she was laughing... so I have to figure "panic" funny! :lol: When she saw your statement on how close they were in our picture and then looked at it, she thought that was great. She then wanted to know if you might be going next year.

As for a SMALLER meet that would take some doing I think. I do know this, it will be someplace air conditioned and serving refreshment. It may also require a trip onto Star Tours or a Photo with Jedi Mickey. I do hope we can all do it next year. Who knows, maybe Matt will be free from obligation (ahem) and join us! :P

POFQ May 16-19

#27 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord

Posted 03 June 2006 - 08:31 AM

Aurora said:

I'm single, so I don't need to ask permission, but that said, I would love to be able to share SWW with someone special next year.

It's a great event. If you can you should make a point of coming out.

POFQ May 16-19

#28 User is offline   Aurora's Jedi 

• Studios Regular

Posted 03 June 2006 - 10:28 AM

That's what I really hope to do. I've been weighing about whether to move back to California and take a job with my father(which also means moving back in with my parents). I wondered how they would take my going off to WDW while living for free with them. Well, they both pointed out that I could do something like that much easier if I was living at home and working for my dad, so they're okay with it. Now that I am moving home, I'm beginning to plan the trip out in my mind.

#29 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 05 June 2006 - 12:49 PM

Who knows, maybe Matt will be free from obligation (ahem) and join us! :P
To my knowledge, no one I know is graduating from college next year so I should be down there for 2007.

Aurora said:

It's a great event. If you can you should make a point of coming out.
Hopefully you can make it, it's a very fun event.

#30 User is offline   ktjohn 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 11 August 2006 - 09:05 PM

I just read your whole report. Thanks for taking the time to post this!! I didn't even know there was a SWW at Disney before I found this board, so I went looking for some trip reports to see what kind of stuff goes on there. It sounds like a blast!! My kids are toddlers... we'd probably dress them up as little Jawas ("HOUDINI!!!").

#31 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 12 August 2006 - 04:14 PM

ktjohn said:

we'd probably dress them up as little Jawas ("HOUDINI!!!").
:wacko: I would love to see pictures of that if you ever go through with it (aren't kids just for adult's amusement anyway?)

#32 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord

Posted 12 August 2006 - 07:00 PM

ktjohn said:

I just read your whole report. Thanks for taking the time to post this!! I didn't even know there was a SWW at Disney before I found this board, so I went looking for some trip reports to see what kind of stuff goes on there. It sounds like a blast!! My kids are toddlers... we'd probably dress them up as little Jawas ("HOUDINI!!!").

I'd like to tell you that the trip report was difficult, or that this trip was strictly for my child... but.... I can't. :joker:

I am glad you enjoyed it and hope it is in some way helpful! :mrgreen: :fett: :wacko:

Oh and if you can find a way to go... definately dress the kids up! Heck, dress the adults up :!:

POFQ May 16-19

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users