• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Disney resorts you didn't like

#21 User is offline   kazaar13 

• Studios Veteran
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Woman, Computers, RPG's, Movies, Disney

Posted 06 September 2005 - 03:09 PM

small rooms seems to be biggest complaint.

#22 User is offline   Figaro 

• Studios God

Posted 07 September 2005 - 08:39 AM

They aren't bad if you aren't spending alot of time in the resort. ^_^
They are small for us because we have 2 young kids who go to bed early and 1 still naps. We spend alot of time in the room and it can get a little claustrophobic. With the Deluxe and DVC rooms, atleast we have a balcony/patio to go out on while they sleep.

#23 User is offline   kazaar13 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 07 September 2005 - 10:00 AM

That does sound like it could get cramped for you. I am taking my mom and daughter. So that means I share one bed with my daughter and my mom gets the other. Shouldn't be an issue.

I think my daughter will be to excited to take a nap. So I will just have to take some rest breaks during the day so it doesn't completely wear her out.

#24 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 07 September 2005 - 12:37 PM

Like Figaro said, you really don't spend that much time in your room compared to when you stay at hotels most anywhere else outside of WDW.

#25 User is offline   PixieDust 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, music, reading, fun stuff. ;-)

Posted 07 September 2005 - 01:56 PM

kazaar13 said:

That does sound like it could get cramped for you. I am taking my mom and daughter. So that means I share one bed with my daughter and my mom gets the other. Shouldn't be an issue.

I think my daughter will be to excited to take a nap. So I will just have to take some rest breaks during the day so it doesn't completely wear her out.

I used to nap in my stroller I've heard. I would just zonk out whenever I needed a nap, and my parents would take me on rides asleep so I'd wake up and randomly be on a ride and that would put an end to my crankiness of after nap-time blues.

Of course this is my parents opinion, not mine since I don't remember this. I do remember that my teddy bear got to go on most rides with me.

And the rooms arent THAT small you still have enough room and they are brightly decorated so get a happy feeling.
Jeanne
Engaged July 17th, 2008 @ Sunset Point
3/3/09 - Sunset Point Wedding
AIM: PixieSBPassion

MySpace

Glenn is my hero!!

#26 User is offline   kazaar13 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 08 September 2005 - 03:30 PM

yeah I am going to get a stroller just in case. Just to bug micah I shoudl get one of the double wide stollers and zig zag all over the place. lol

#27 User is offline   PixieDust 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, music, reading, fun stuff. ;-)

Posted 08 September 2005 - 07:52 PM

Hey, I got hit by a motorized wheel. and my feet have been run over numerous times. lol. evil people... wait... will you push me in the other side? lol.
Jeanne
Engaged July 17th, 2008 @ Sunset Point
3/3/09 - Sunset Point Wedding
AIM: PixieSBPassion

MySpace

Glenn is my hero!!

#28 User is offline   onevision4 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Theme Parks, Computers, games, guitar, random things, etc...

Posted 08 September 2005 - 10:24 PM

Well, I’ve never had a bad time at the Resorts, only because I've stayed at the hotels on the Monorail *The Contemporary, The Grand Floridian Resort and Spa, & The Polynesian Resort* and when I stayed at them, they had great service.
*something about the Contemporary that most people don't know about is that sometime in the afternoon(You might want to ask a CM at the Contemporary for the time(s) though) there's a cookies(almost every kind of cookie) & milk cart for the little kiddies... I'd wait by the elevators... But, then agian, you didn't hear it from me...*

#29 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 09 September 2005 - 12:23 PM

Thanks for the tip about the Contemporary ^_^

#30 User is offline   onevision4 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Theme Parks, Computers, games, guitar, random things, etc...

Posted 09 September 2005 - 10:20 PM

onevision4 said:

...*... you didn't hear it from me...*

#31 User is offline   quakercub 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 07 November 2005 - 05:57 PM

We stayed at Carribean Beach in early May and it was wonderful!!!! I think sometimes it's really the luck of the draw. Of course, we were very near Old Port Royale (Martinique, bldg 25) which was great. They do have internal bus shuttles to get you around the resort which helps.

#32 User is offline   Aurora's Jedi 

• Studios Regular

Posted 02 June 2006 - 09:54 PM

We had 8 adults and 1 infant in two rooms at POP in May. It was a bit cramped, but when your party is 8 people and you have to rent two cars, plus eat, staying offsite doesn't save as much money as it might normally. It really was okay though. I slept in the room at night and visited the parks during the day. I would also go back to POP again because it's staying on WDW property. I don't go very often, so I can splurge and stay on property when I do.

#33 User is offline   lordtyger72 

• Studios Newbie
  • Interests:Star Wars, Knight Rider

Posted 16 June 2006 - 09:18 AM

I have to say room size does seem to be the biggest thing. But I also think it is party and people size that may dictate this. I would say the Pop Century was not that bad for two people. It may not be that big a deal either if all ya do there is shower, sleep and dress for the parks. That is why we are planning on going there next year. But I also know that surroundings can make the difference in a good vacation and a great one. I have looked at the pictures of the rooms at the moderates.. they don;t seem to be that much bigger then what the Pops' were. (Has anyone been to both that care to comment here for me??) I was looking at the Coronado Springs resort.. and for only $500 more we can go there. The Disney video shows the pool and the pyramid... and it looks REALLY cool.

#34 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 16 June 2006 - 11:34 AM

The value resort (Pop, All Stars) rooms are 260 square feet whereas the moderates vary somewhat; Caribbean beach rooms are 340 sq. ft. (largest of the moderates) and Coronado are 314 sq feet.

#35 User is offline   lordtyger72 

• Studios Newbie
  • Interests:Star Wars, Knight Rider

Posted 16 June 2006 - 12:19 PM

Ahhh.. Ok... rekin there is a sizable difference... (I guess pun intended..*L*) Of course something to think about ... a value resort is exactly that... Value. more bang for your buck, so with the smaller rooms they can fit more people in..*L* But all in all, we had NO complaints about the Pop.. I liked it. The lobby was very cool, all the dining/shopping/entertainment(game room) was sentrally located. I think the biggest thing is the preffered room... but then again, only one section out of the 4 eras covered (50's, 60's, 70's, 80's)did not have it's own pool, so really it wasn;t that bad.

#36 User is offline   Figaro 

• Studios God

Posted 16 June 2006 - 01:23 PM

It's amazing how much difference a few square feet make! ^_^ We've stayed at the All Star Sports and most of the moderates. I would definately pick a mod over a value. But we have 2 kids, 1 still pack & play and stroller bound. We're constantly tripping over each other and everything else in the room.

Also, the moderates have better themed pools and slides. Since we don't like to eat at the food courts too much, it's also nice having a full serve restaurant on property. (Again, with 2 small kids we spend a lot of time at the resort. Two adults probably don't spend as much time there. So it would probably be much different for you)

And I have to add a disclaimer that we are also DVC members and are very spoiled by our 1 bedroom villa that we usually get at the BCV. But I still love staying at the moderates and deluxes sometimes too!!

#37 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 16 June 2006 - 03:42 PM

Figaro said:

It's amazing how much difference a few square feet make! ^_^
I agree. I would recommend what a friend told me to do and that's take some masking tape and tape out the 260 sq feet and then in a larger square tape out 320 feet and see which square you'd feel more comfortable living in. Remember, the square footage includes the area around the sinks and such, so its not just the "bedroom".

#38 User is offline   JEANYLASER 

• Studios Veteran
  • Location:MIAMI, FLORIDA are planning to move to Orlando, Florida

Posted 13 September 2006 - 05:55 PM

i don't like the all star Music because it is to small and the bugs is in the toliet. 8)

#39 User is offline   Nick Poppageorgio 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:MacGyver, Evil Dead, MGM, Disney, theme parks, IJ,Ghostbusters

Posted 12 February 2007 - 04:55 PM

Frankly, I was not impressed with Coronado Springs.

#40 User is offline   ptrbryant 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 28 March 2007 - 05:30 PM

Honestly, I think the Moderates and Values don't feel that different in size. (Our party is DH, DS11 and myself). I think there's a substantial difference between the Deluxes and the Moderates, not so much between the Values and the Moderates, aside from the grounds.

We usually stay at VWL on rented DVC points on weeknights and a Value on the weekends. We thought ASMo was quieter and cleaner than our stay was at POR. Really, I'd return to any WDW on-site property for the immersion experience. The only one I didn't really care for was Saratoga Springs. I didn't think the theme was very compelling and seeing the Downtown Disney hotels spoiled the escape-from-the-real-world feeling I get at the other WDW resorts.

Karla B. :content:

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users