• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MGMStudios.Org Meet Itinerary

#1 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 10 January 2005 - 01:25 PM

Ok, here's what I came up for some events. Feel free to chime in with suggestions.

Red Events indicate general events. I'd use the word mandatory, but obviously we cant force you to show up. At any rate, these are the "main events" and the ones where you should make every attempt to show up.

Blue events are events that we'll be doing but if you can't be there or maybe dont want to be there, it's understandable. Think of these as optional.

Thursday, February 3
- Matt Meet-n-Greet: Can't get enough of me? Well come see me before everyone else does. (4pm @ Tip Board)
- Millionaire: Matt wants to win a cruise so we'll go play. (5:00 @ WWTBAM)

Friday, February 4
- Group Lunch: Eat and see how many times Matt can be publicly humiliated (1pm @ Primetime)
- Group Backlot Tour: See Matt get drenched. (2pm?(After lunch) @ Backlot Tour)
- Group Coaster Ride: Yay (3pm @ Tip Board)
- Group Meet: We'll all meet up before going on to the next event. (4:45 @ steps of ABC Theater(where Doug Live! used to be shown because for sure no one else will be there))
- Group Photo: We stand around and take pictures of ourselves. Optional photo with Matt only for $4.95/minute :shifty: (5:00 @ Sorcerer Hat)
- Group Tower Ride: We all ride and annoy the other guests in our elevator. (5:30 @ Tower)
- Fantasmic!: See our favorite nighttime show. (6:15 @ Tip Board)

Saturday, February 5
- Group Breakfast: Eating is fun (8am @ Cape May Cafe)
- Annual Soak Ourselves on Spalsh: Last year I got Jillian soaked, let's add to the list (10am @ Splash Mtn)

I'm all for adding/subtracting events from this list. I think what we have is a good minimum. In theory, you would only have to put up with me for a few hours Friday afternoon. I really didn't know how much/little time everyone was expecting to spend together so like I said, we can always add more events if everyone wants to.

#2 User is offline   DisneyFreak1228 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 January 2005 - 02:10 PM

Hey wait, you forgot about the Animation Tour! You need to bless everyone else with your superior vocal abilities, right Jillian? :shifty:
*Leslie Ivette*

#3 User is offline   TinkerBell1981 

• Senior Studios Member
  • Interests:Tinker Bell, Florida Marlins, anything Disney

Posted 10 January 2005 - 02:29 PM

I will try my very best to be there. We are leaving early Friday morning. I feel so weird going to MGM before the MK on a trip. :) The MK is like..... my second home! I'll sacrifice myself. Anyways, since there may be traffic in the morning, maybe it's better to spend my entire day Saturday at the MK.

By the way, is there going to be Fantasmic on Friday night? I never seen Fantasmic since whenever I would go to MGM, I was never really free to do what I felt like and my party never really cared for it. I really want to see it. Plus, this would be Max's first time at MGM so I want to make sure he gets the full experience. :shifty:

#4 User is offline   rob_wilson 

• Resident Game Show Expert
  • Interests:Disney, Trivia

Posted 10 January 2005 - 02:49 PM

A group trip to WWTBAM-PI! seems to be missing from the agenda. I guess it just wouldn't be the same without me there, though. :shifty:

Rob

#5 User is offline   PixieDust 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, music, reading, fun stuff. ;-)

Posted 10 January 2005 - 02:50 PM

I'll miss the events on friday cuz I have class.
Jeanne
Engaged July 17th, 2008 @ Sunset Point
3/3/09 - Sunset Point Wedding
AIM: PixieSBPassion

MySpace

Glenn is my hero!!

#6 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 10 January 2005 - 04:13 PM

Would moving Friday's big events to the evening be more helpful? Like meeting up around 4 or 5pm? Miri? Jeanne? Everyone? I really want everyone who's going to be around that weekend to be able to meet up at least once.

#7 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 10 January 2005 - 04:16 PM

DisneyFreak1228 said:

Hey wait, you forgot about the Animation Tour! You need to bless everyone else with your superior vocal abilities, right Jillian? :P

I prefer to embarass myself in small groups :D

TinkerBell1981 said:

By the way, is there going to be Fantasmic on Friday night? I never seen Fantasmic since whenever I would go to MGM, I was never really free to do what I felt like and my party never really cared for it. I really want to see it. Plus, this would be Max's first time at MGM so I want to make sure he gets the full experience. :P

There's a showing of F! on Friday. If we do move things back, we could change that F! from Thurs to Fri or just ditch Max and go with you again on Fri.

rob_wilson said:

A group trip to WWTBAM-PI! seems to be missing from the agenda. I guess it just wouldn't be the same without me there, though. :)

I'll go back and add it to the blue list. Thanks for the reminder.

#8 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God

Posted 10 January 2005 - 07:06 PM

Jillian shall be at work at 3:30 both Thursday and Friday- however a quick photo of me in costume may be arranged. So Friday night is a no go for me.

#9 User is offline   velvetdrug 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 10 January 2005 - 10:43 PM

I see nothing is planned for Friday night. I won't get in on Friday til 4 PM or so. And as you know Sat afternoon I have to go to the birthday party. I really want to meet you all.
Can we plan something for Friday night?
Maybe moving Fantasmic to Friday? Or perhaps something at Epcot since they close at 9 pm both Friday and Sat?
And nothing for Sunday morning? Maybe breakfast?
Oh and how about PI one of those nights?

#10 User is offline   TinkerBell1981 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 10 January 2005 - 11:53 PM

Well, then move it down to the evening then. I am up for whatever.

#11 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 11 January 2005 - 01:01 PM

Ok, here is the revised Friday plan. Please see if this works for you.

Friday, February 4
- Group Lunch: Eat and see how many times Matt can be publicly humiliated (1pm @ Primetime)
- Group Backlot Tour: See Matt get drenched. (2pm?(After lunch) @ Backlot Tour)
- Group Coaster Ride: Yay (3pm @ Tip Board)
- Group Meet: We'll all meet up before going on to the next event. (4:45 @ steps of ABC Theater(where Doug Live! used to be shown because for sure no one else will be there))
- Group Photo: We stand around and take pictures of ourselves. Optional photo with Matt only for $4.95/minute ;) (5:00 @ Sorcerer Hat)
- Group Tower Ride: We all ride and annoy the other guests in our elevator. (5:30 @ Tower)
- Fantasmic!: See our favorite nighttime show. (6:15 @ Tip Board)

velvetdrug said:

And nothing for Sunday morning? Maybe breakfast?
Oh and how about PI one of those nights?

I'm leaving bright & early on Sunday morning so I'm not going to be able to do anything on Sunday :( As for PI we could do that for Saturday night if there's interest, or you and I can go Alex and we'll have a Night at the Roxbury type night :P

#12 User is offline   velvetdrug 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 11 January 2005 - 01:41 PM

Sounds good. I'll get to the studios by 4 or so on Friday.

As for Friday night or Sat night, I think it will be fun if we all go to PI. What do you all say?

Since a Sunday breakfast is out of the question, How about breakfast on Saturday then? We can do it either at the resort or at some other restaurant on property. Animal Kingdom Area Mickey D's anyone? LOL

#13 User is offline   TinkerBell1981 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 11 January 2005 - 01:56 PM

I would like to go to PI. I'll talk to my boyfriend and see what he thinks and I'll get back to you.

#14 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 11 January 2005 - 04:14 PM

velvetdrug said:

Since a Sunday breakfast is out of the question, How about breakfast on Saturday then? We can do it either at the resort or at some other restaurant on property. Animal Kingdom Area Mickey D's anyone? LOL

:( Sounds like another blue event that should be added. Any suggestions for where to eat breakfast? Character themed?

#15 User is offline   TinkerBell1981 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 11 January 2005 - 06:24 PM

If we go to PI we MUST go to the Adventurer's Club!

#16 User is offline   velvetdrug 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 12 January 2005 - 12:36 PM

QuickGold said:

:P Sounds like another blue event that should be added. Any suggestions for where to eat breakfast? Character themed?

I dunno. Anywhere. Character themed would be cool if everyone is up for it. These are our choices:

- Cape May Café :Start your day with Goofy and friends at this dog-gone good hearty breakfast buffet. Disney's Beach Club Resort

- Chef Mickey's: Dine with Chef Mickey as he cooks up a bountiful display of delicious dishes for his buffet. Disney's Contemporary Resort

- The Crystal Palace: Join a buffet with Character by Winnie the Pooh and friends. Enjoy Character dining all day for a willy nilly delicious good time.
Magic Kingdom

- 1900 Park Fare: Dine with a Princess, a magical English nanny or Characters from the rabbit hole at this enchanting restaurant.
Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

- Akershus: Breakfast among the royals when you join Disney's favorite Princesses in a fairy tale setting. Norway @ Epcot

- Once Upon a Time Breakfast (Cinderella's Royal Table): Give your day a storybook beginning! By official decree, your royal family is welcomed into Cinderella's Castle. Magic Kingdom

- Restaurantosaurus: Join Donald and friends for a sumptuous breakfast buffet in the heart of DinoLand U.S.A.® Animal Kingdom

Which btw brings me to a point. Why isn't there character dining at MGM? Every other park has one!

#17 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 12 January 2005 - 12:48 PM

velvetdrug said:

Which btw brings me to a point. Why isn't there character dining at MGM? Every other park has one!

There used to be character dining at Hollywood & Vine but it got cut so since then there hasn't been any character dining at the Studios.

#18 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 12 January 2005 - 06:03 PM

If no one objects, we'll officially change the itinerary as discussed in this post: http://mgmstudios.or...p?p=20484#20484

#19 User is offline   PixieDust 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, music, reading, fun stuff. ;-)

Posted 12 January 2005 - 06:26 PM

I'll make it there sometime...

Not too sure about pleasure island though. I'd probably let yall go and I'd just get to hear stories. :-)
Jeanne
Engaged July 17th, 2008 @ Sunset Point
3/3/09 - Sunset Point Wedding
AIM: PixieSBPassion

MySpace

Glenn is my hero!!

#20 User is offline   CoasterManiac45 

• Studios God

Posted 12 January 2005 - 07:09 PM

Thank you Matt! You took my bright idea. :P

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users