Studios Central: Hello new rides. Good bye old. : - ( - Studios Central

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hello new rides. Good bye old. : - (

Poll: Who will miss the old rides?? (6 member(s) have cast votes)

1. I will miss it. (3 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. Dosen't matter. (2 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

3. Never been there. (1 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   TowerOfTerrorFreak 

• Studios Veteran
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:FIRST OF ALL My Husband! Music, Tower Of Terror, Tower Of Terror, Aerosmith, The Beatles, My iPod, Tower Of Terror....and Tower Of Terror

Posted 13 October 2002 - 12:26 AM

:) :( :P Disney-MGM Studios
New Star Tours Destinations Star Tours I 2006
Villains Replaces The Great Movie Ride R 2006
Roger Rabbit's Hollywood Replaces Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? - Play It!

I got that form this site... http://www.disneycor...com/tdf/wdw.asp

Jackie

~*~*~*~TOWER OF TERROR~*~*~*~*~

Ladies and Gentlemen Welcome to the Hollywood Tower Hotel. We would like to remind you that the Twilight Zone Tower Of Terror features a high speed drop and you should be in good health free from heart condition back or neck problems, or any other physical conditions which could be aggravated by this adventure. We are sorry but children under thee seven years of age are not, not accompanied by an adult or guest that do not meet the 40 in. height requirement may not ride. While waiting to check in we ask that you step all the way forward and fill in all thee available space around you. Food and Drinks should be finished upon entering the hotel lobby and for the courtesy of those around you smoking is not permitted. Also for your safety we ask that you and your children do not stand or walk on the garden walls. Thank you and do enjoy your stay at the Hollywood Tower Hotel. (I know they dont say this exact announcement anymore..but....I like this one so....yea........lol!!)

Tower Of Terror : 105 TIMES!!!

*~*~*~Jackie~*~*~*

I LOVE WALT DISNEY!!!!!!

#2 User is offline   lilchippewa 

• Studios God

Posted 13 October 2002 - 12:43 AM

Don't be too worried about the rides that were mentioned on that site just yet. That site keeps track of all the rumors and confirmed projects that are going on at the Disney parks. The Roger Rabbit's Hollywood and a Villians ride replacing GMR are just rumors now. It has been confirmed that Disney and Lucas have been talking about a new film going into Star Tours but nothing has been set in stone when a new film will go in there.
-Josh

#3 User is offline   wishingtree 

• Senior Studios Member
  • Interests:Disney, music and sports(especially hockey)

Posted 13 October 2002 - 11:15 PM

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!! Not more rumors!!!!!! :wink:
The only one that has a chance in the next few years is Star Tours. The Roger Rabbit one is one of the wilder ones I've seen. Although, It would keep my wife from dragging me into show after show. On our last trip we did Millionaire about 10 times during our stay. And yes, I got to the Hot Seat but had to decline because I'm a CM. :)

Jim

#4 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 13 October 2002 - 11:19 PM

I have to admit those rumors are pretty far-fetched. Don't hold your breath.

#5 User is offline   TowerOfTerrorFreak 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:FIRST OF ALL My Husband! Music, Tower Of Terror, Tower Of Terror, Aerosmith, The Beatles, My iPod, Tower Of Terror....and Tower Of Terror

Posted 31 October 2002 - 06:36 PM

:x :x :x :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :P :evil: :evil: :(
WHYYYYY!!! NOOOOOO. I love the GMR I wish they would take a show out. I want to e-mail Disney World and Beg them not to...

Ladies and Gentlemen Welcome to the Hollywood Tower Hotel. We would like to remind you that the Twilight Zone Tower Of Terror features a high speed drop and you should be in good health free from heart condition back or neck problems, or any other physical conditions which could be aggravated by this adventure. We are sorry but children under thee seven years of age are not, not accompanied by an adult or guest that do not meet the 40 in. height requirement may not ride. While waiting to check in we ask that you step all the way forward and fill in all thee available space around you. Food and Drinks should be finished upon entering the hotel lobby and for the courtesy of those around you smoking is not permitted. Also for your safety we ask that you and your children do not stand or walk on the garden walls. Thank you and do enjoy your stay at the Hollywood Tower Hotel. (I know they dont say this exact announcement anymore..but....I like this one so....yea........lol!!)

*~*~*~Jackie~*~*~*

I LOVE WALT DISNEY!!!!!!

#6 User is offline   TowerOfTerrorFreak 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 06 November 2002 - 07:59 PM

I wrote to Disney World They Said that they are not taking out the GMR....So don't worry anyone who loves that ride as much as i love it...Bye
Jackie Soto

*~*~*~Jackie~*~*~*

I LOVE WALT DISNEY!!!!!!

#7 User is offline   TheTowerOfTerrorRules 

• Studios God

Posted 24 July 2003 - 02:21 PM

hey what address did you write them at????

#8 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney. Should there be anything else?

Posted 24 July 2003 - 02:36 PM

with all the money they just spent in GMR to rehab it I don't htink it will be changing anytime soon. Like it has already been said... Star Tours is the one most likley to get changed.

#9 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God

Posted 24 July 2003 - 04:50 PM

All of those are just big rumors that have been around (as you can see from the original date of this thread) for a long time.

#10 User is offline   TowerOfTerrorFreak 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 26 July 2003 - 07:23 PM

I hate rumors...why in the world do people start them anyways :roll:

*~*~*~Jackie~*~*~*

I LOVE WALT DISNEY!!!!!!

#11 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 26 July 2003 - 08:07 PM

Some have some source of validity, but these are more like someone says "Say, wouldn't it be nice if they..." and someone else interprets it as a real rumor.

#12 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

• Studios God

Posted 26 July 2003 - 08:11 PM

QuickGold said:

"Say, wouldn't it be nice if they..." and someone else interprets it as a real rumor.

That is exactly it.

#13 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God

Posted 27 July 2003 - 03:06 PM

Ya, like the other night one of the CMs told a guest "if the storm gets really bad there is a chance the show will be canceled" another CM overheard and ran to the manager saying the other CM told guests "the show is canceled". In a perfect world, there wouldn't be rumors or people overhearing and misinterpreting things. :lol:

#14 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

• Studios God

Posted 27 July 2003 - 03:09 PM

Talking about listening / following others. When a line splits I usually go the opposite way of the crowd. Over at MK I rode Pirates non stop for about 5 trips with no wait this past trip. While the other line for Pirates was waiting about 10-15 mins to get on.

#15 User is offline   danesporty 

• Studios Newbie
  • Interests:WDW, IOA, USF, Seaworld, Soccer, Basketball

Posted 28 July 2003 - 01:44 PM

Hey guys, its good to be back!!! Ill have my 3 week florida trip report up soon. Jillian i think i saw you one night. Also here is a rumor i have heard. They will tear down Rockin Roller coastera and replace it with a clone of Goofy's coaster over at magic kingdom!!! SARCASM

Oh I had a great trip to my favorite place on earth but its good to be back and posting here again. You will see me around the boards more again!!!

#16 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God

Posted 28 July 2003 - 03:30 PM

danesporty said:

Jillian i think i saw you one night.

Very cool! :lol:

Welcome back :lol:

#17 User is offline   lilchippewa 

• Studios God

Posted 28 July 2003 - 03:42 PM

Hey Welcome Back danesporty! I really like that signature pic. Kongfrontation was a cool ride.
-Josh

#18 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 28 July 2003 - 06:07 PM

danesporty said:

They will tear down Rockin Roller coastera and replace it with a clone of Goofy's coaster over at magic kingdom!!! SARCASM

:lol: Great rumor :)

danesporty said:

You will see me around the boards more again!!!

Glad to have you back...can't wait to read your trip report :lol:

#19 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

• Studios God

Posted 28 July 2003 - 08:24 PM

lilchippewa said:

Kongfrontation was a cool ride.

Sounds like Eisner has his hands in over at Universal as well. Take out a popular classics (Kong) and replace them with Rollercoasters. Can't they just leave the good stuff be?

#20 User is offline   danesporty 

• Studios Newbie
  • Interests:WDW, IOA, USF, Seaworld, Soccer, Basketball

Posted 29 July 2003 - 08:35 AM

I totally agree with everyone about Kong. It was a classic attraction and one that should have stayed for alot longer. The Kongs themselves were real works of art and every scene and even the waiting line were great. Kong was my favorite ride and I am very sad to see him go. The next thing that happens will be MGM taking out the classic GMR, which is my other favorite attraction. I dont know what I would do then. LONG LIVE THE BIG APE!!!

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users