Studios Central: California Grill - Studios Central

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

California Grill

Poll: Have you dined at the California Grill? (8 member(s) have cast votes)

1. Yes, it was delicious! (3 votes [37.50%])

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

2. Yes, it was just okay. (1 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

3. Yes, it was over priced. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. No, I have not. (4 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   PixieDust 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Disney, music, reading, fun stuff. ;-)

Posted 29 September 2004 - 07:31 AM

I was just wondering if anyone else has eaten here. I think it is one of the better disney higher-priced resturants. I have dined at the California Grill three to four times now and I'm also going around to all the other disney ones like it. Although I have to say I love it because of the opportunity to watch the fireworks from the top of the contemporary during dinner if you book your dinner at the right time. It is amazing to see the fireworks from up there.

It's expensive, but I think its totally worth it. It's food that your stomach will die from happiness from eating it. It is absolutely delicious. It's wonderful. So just wondering what you all think if not I can post more about it if no one does. :-)
Jeanne
Engaged July 17th, 2008 @ Sunset Point
3/3/09 - Sunset Point Wedding
AIM: PixieSBPassion

MySpace

Glenn is my hero!!

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 29 September 2004 - 11:48 AM

I've eaten there once a few years ago and it is pretty nice. I had the prime rib and it was pretty good. Expensive, but I think a better value than Hollywood Brown Derby.

#3 User is offline   PixieDust 

• Studios God

Posted 29 September 2004 - 12:48 PM

See i dont like the hollywood brown derby. I was there about five years ago, unless they changed the menu. Their food made me sick. :-/
Jeanne

MySpace

Glenn is my hero!!

#4 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 29 September 2004 - 03:02 PM

PixieDust said:

Their food made me sick. :-/

Sick as in "Eww, I don't like their food mommy" or sick as in making you ill?

#5 User is offline   PixieDust 

• Studios God

Posted 29 September 2004 - 05:00 PM

Sick as in making me ill. Both times I've eaten there i've gotten sick... it could just be a fluke but i stay away...
Jeanne

MySpace

Glenn is my hero!!

#6 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 29 September 2004 - 06:30 PM

Well now I have a reason not to go there in addition to being too poor to afford it :r2d2:

#7 User is offline   PixieDust 

• Studios God

Posted 29 September 2004 - 10:36 PM

dont just not go there cuz it made me sick. sometimes my stomach is... stupid. lol. it will randomly get sick even though something tastes delicious. i just stay away cuz i think im cursed there. :-D
Jeanne

MySpace

Glenn is my hero!!

#8 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney. Should there be anything else?

Posted 29 September 2004 - 11:42 PM

Have not eaten there yet. Heard some great thigns though.

#9 User is offline   mandabella 

• Senior Studios Member
  • Interests:Disney, musicals, and jewelry

Posted 30 September 2004 - 06:01 AM

I haven't eaten at CA Grill, but it's on the list of places to try. I know my next trip we are going to try to hit Le Cellier, Artist Point, Ohana, Coral Reef Restaurant, and Chef Mickey's for the first times.

Sorry about your bad experiences with the Brown Derby Pixie.
I've had the opposite experience there. We visit the Brown Derby once a trip and have always had an excellent meal and wonderful service. So much so I haven't gotten around to trying SciFi, H&W, or 50's Prime Time yet in the Studios.

It's the grapefruit cake, I cannot resist it's pull. :wink:

#10 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 30 September 2004 - 12:32 PM

mandabella said:

So much so I haven't gotten around to trying SciFi, H&W, or 50's Prime Time yet in the Studios.

Although food is of better quality at Brown Derby, I think you must experience Sci-Fi and Prime Time at least once. Shall I blame Jack for this? :r2d2:

#11 User is offline   Tinkerbell2004 

• Studios God
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:DISNEY

Posted 30 September 2004 - 03:15 PM

i hears they are changing the menu at the prime time cafe is that true?

#12 User is offline   DisneyFreak1228 

• Studios God

Posted 30 September 2004 - 04:11 PM

California Grill is an excellent restaurant, if you don't mind shelling out the serious cash you'll need to eat there.
As for Brown Derby, the only really good thing there is the Cobb Salad, of course.
Sci-Fi and 50s are definitely to be experienced at least once. If I was a FnB CM instead of an F! CM, I'd definitely wanna work at one of those. The waitresses and waiters make the whole experience complete.
*Leslie Ivette*

#13 User is offline   velvetdrug 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 30 September 2004 - 06:11 PM

mandabella said:

I know my next trip we are going to try to hit Le Cellier, Artist Point, Ohana, Coral Reef Restaurant, and Chef Mickey's for the first times.

I ate at the Coral Reef and wasn't too impressed. First of all, the pictures they show make it seem that you are surrounded by water. That wasn't the case. There is only a tank on one side of the room. It was pretty busy too. I went during the Food & Wine Fest, so that maybe why it was so busy. The food was good, but small quantities and I don't think it deserved the price attached.

I've been wanting to try Le Cellier. I tried making PS reservations for my Nov trip, but it was booked. So I'm going to try the San Angel in Mexico.

#14 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

• Studios God

Posted 30 September 2004 - 08:16 PM

Coral Reef does not have the best view, but it does have a view. It was a little pricey for the amount of food, at least worth a stop to look at it (and it is gettin remodeled this week after Hurricane damage)

#15 User is offline   mandabella 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 01 October 2004 - 09:59 AM

QuickGold said:

mandabella said:

So much so I haven't gotten around to trying SciFi, H&W, or 50's Prime Time yet in the Studios.

Although food is of better quality at Brown Derby, I think you must experience Sci-Fi and Prime Time at least once. Shall I blame Jack for this? :P

No, you have to blame my mom for that one. She turned me onto the Brown Derby. It' so classic Hollywood, love it!

#16 User is offline   mandabella 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 01 October 2004 - 10:05 AM

velvetdrug said:

I ate at the Coral Reef and wasn't too impressed. First of all, the pictures they show make it seem that you are surrounded by water. That wasn't the case. There is only a tank on one side of the room. It was pretty busy too. I went during the Food & Wine Fest, so that maybe why it was so busy. The food was good, but small quantities and I don't think it deserved the price attached.

Hmmm, thanks for the tip Alex. The reason Coral Reef was on the list for was the view. I cannot eat fish/seafood, but wanted to the aquarium view.
My list isn't quite finalized yet. I'll definitely will have to rethink this one.

velvetdrug said:

I've been wanting to try Le Cellier. I tried making PS reservations for my Nov trip, but it was booked. So I'm going to try the San Angel in Mexico.

I actually got CP Dinner package for Le Cellier, which surprised me. So many online disney people were having trouble. I musta lucked out!

#17 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 01 October 2004 - 11:42 AM

Tinkerbell2004 said:

i hears they are changing the menu at the prime time cafe is that true?

:P Where/when did you hear this?

velvetdrug said:

I've been wanting to try Le Cellier.

I tried to convince my family to eat at Le Cellier on my trip in May but they scoffed when I told them it was in Canada. I'd like to eat there my next time down if only because I've heard such good things about it.

#18 User is offline   PixieDust 

• Studios God

Posted 02 October 2004 - 08:32 AM

mandabella Posted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:01 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I haven't eaten at CA Grill, but it's on the list of places to try. I know my next trip we are going to try to hit Le Cellier, Artist Point, Ohana, Coral Reef Restaurant, and Chef Mickey's for the first times.

Le Cellier is delicious. Excellent soup. :-) Also the steak is to die for. Also their fish is pretty good.

Artist Point... i was there when i was about five i think but dont remember it.

Ohana is DELICIOUS! The best part is the appetizers they bring you (they change from time to time too) if they have the egg rolls, yummy! Also the dessert with Pineapple and carmel is so delicious. Definately a great place to eat. It is family oriented but its also kind of romantic. I've been there with my family numerous times but also with just my boyfriend and both evenings have been wondering. If you have time, go down to the beach at the polynesian after dinner and watch wishes from the beach and the water lagoon parade. That's fun too. :-)

Coral Reef I loved! I love seafood though. A little expensive I think, because other places have delicious fish too. but yeah. :-)

Chef Mickey's... I've been there for lunch and it was delicious. It was pretty reasonably priced too.

Sci-Fi and 50s are definitely to be experienced at least once.

Sci-Fi I don't like anymore. A couple years ago they served burgers and the waitresses brought popcorn to your table for you to snack on. So I hate their new menu and think they ruined the resturant.

50s is my favorite resturant at MGM. I love the cheese thats the appetizer. Although I have had a couple undisney-like experiences there. Onetime my waiter thought it would be a great joke to call my friend who was with us, ugly. Everytime he brought food he said 'here's food for the ugly kid.' My friend was 8 and she came to disney with our family all the time because she's like a little sis to me. But i'd defniately go. It is delicious!

So I'm going to try the San Angel in Mexico.

That is delicious too. Sometimes its hard to read the menu but all food is delicious. And it is a great dining experience. Definately a must!
Jeanne

MySpace

Glenn is my hero!!

#19 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 02 October 2004 - 09:53 AM

PixieDust said:

Although I have had a couple undisney-like experiences there. Onetime my waiter thought it would be a great joke to call my friend who was with us, ugly. Everytime he brought food he said 'here's food for the ugly kid.' My friend was 8 and she came to disney with our family all the time because she's like a little sis to me. But i'd defniately go. It is delicious!

The humor there is definetly more adult in nature. My 12 year old sister was horrified that if she didn't finish her food, she'd be publicly humiliated. To us, it's all in good fun but I think kids are probably more scraed than any adults.

#20 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

• Studios God

Posted 02 October 2004 - 04:48 PM

50's: I had no clue about the place on my first visit... Oh dear did I pay for it. Someon I was with got me in trouble and I even had to play the 'airplane game'. Had a blast and take family there now.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users