Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I really miss MGM...

#1 User is offline   jg049457 

• Studios Newbie
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 January 2005 - 05:40 PM

I'm pretty new on the site (aka...I've only posted 3 other times) and I thought it might be nice to give you guys a little bit of background about why I love MGM...simply put, it's my absolute favorite park and has been ever since 1989 (my second ever trip to Disney World when I was 6 years old.) I'm overly involved with theatre and have a great affinity for the movies and entertainment of all sorts so naturally MGM and I would be a perfect fit.

This past August, 17 years after I first stepped foot inside the Disney World gates, I was finally able to fulfill my dream of being a Disney Cast Member as part of the WDW College Program. Where was I assigned? The Disney MGM Studios of course!

I worked in Merchandise on Hollywood Boulevard from August to just 2 weeks ago. I spent Hurricane Frances, Hurricane Jeanne, my birthday, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years at the Studios -- mainly the Main Entrance Cart, Movieland, Sid Cahuenga's, Mickey's of Hollywood, Keystone Clothiers, and the Hub Carts by the Hat (affectionately known as the "Left Block" for obvious reasons). about 85% of the time I worked at Movieland and the Main Entrance Cart. Maybe you saw me!!

Now that I've been home for about 2 weeks, I'm starting to go through MGM Studios withdrawal. Sure, I was homesick...I missed the snow and the cold weather and my dog and edible food that I didn't make myself...but now that SE Pennsylvania is buried under 2 feet of snow and below freezing temperatures, I find myself longing to go back....wishing I gave up on completing my MBA and going to law school so that I could be a CM forever!! Many of my fellow CPs feel the same. I'm lucky, though, in the sense that I'm now a seasonal CM and will definitely be going down to work at least one week a year -- something that many others never got around to doing.

But the Studios are now a part of me and in some ways, I'll never leave the Hollywood that never was and always will be.

~~~~~~~~~~
Not quite a trip report, but of course how can I cram 5 1/2 months worth of the memories into a little bulletin board message. LOL. Well, at least you know a bit more about me now! Thanks for making me feel welcome!

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 27 January 2005 - 08:09 PM

Let me say once more, welcome to the site!

We have a few former and current CM's so you might know some people around here. Working at WDW is a dream of mine but I think it will stay a dream. At least you had the opportunity to live that dream. :D

#3 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God

Posted 27 January 2005 - 11:51 PM

Welcome!!

Eeek for being a CM at the Studios (and so recently) you call it MGM way too much :shock: and funny that you called it 4 different names in one post :D Ok that is out of my system now.

I'm sure I have passed you a million and one times. I work Tower/Coaster/F! at the Studios, for the whole lenght of your program and many years before that. :) I visited your shops often, I know several of your managers very well :D

#4 User is offline   jg049457 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 28 January 2005 - 01:33 AM

Yeah, I know I call it MGM a lot. I know we're supposed to call it "the studios" or the "disney mgm studios" and I did when I was working in the park. But what can I say? Old habits die hard! Since I'm sorta on the outside now I can revert back to my old ways. Besides, my friends and family would look at me like i was crazy if I didn't abbreviate LOL

Haha, I flew to Fantasmic once. That was so much fun even though it was like 30 degrees that night! HA!

#5 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 28 January 2005 - 12:52 PM

jg049457 said:

Yeah, I know I call it MGM a lot. I know we're supposed to call it "the studios" or the "disney mgm studios" and I did when I was working in the park. But what can I say? Old habits die hard!

Fight the power :D

#6 User is offline   Micah 

• Studios God

Posted 28 January 2005 - 04:55 PM

Welcome to the site! :D
I wanna be a CM someday :)

disneyprincess said:

I work Tower/Coaster/F! at the Studios, for the whole lenght of your program and many years before that. :D

Woah, I never knew you worked at Tower or Coaster! :shock:

#7 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God

Posted 28 January 2005 - 11:18 PM

Micah said:

Woah, I never knew you worked at Tower or Coaster! :shock:

Yup for a little over 3.5 years now :(

#8 User is offline   CoasterManiac45 

• Studios God

Posted 05 February 2005 - 10:34 PM

lol. She's one of the very few lucky people out there.

#9 User is offline   Micah 

• Studios God

Posted 06 February 2005 - 12:05 AM

Yes, very. Tower and Fantasmic! are the two greatest things at WDW IMO and to work there would be a blast :P

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users