Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

11/28 Studios Update

#1 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 29 November 2003 - 10:34 AM

This update comes care of a user from WDWMagic, and I'm just passing it along...

--They have changed the Haunted Mansion set tour around a bit, adding a few tombstones in the front of the sign, and not stopping you in the corridor anymore. They also take a MUCH larger group of people than they did when it first opened.
--The Animation Tour is back open also. You walk into the first room, with a pretty funny movie staring Mushu, and then go into another part of the studio, and some things are explained, and questions are answered. The lady said the studio is on Hiatus, and that "Home on the Range" (which, last I heard, was complete) was sent to WDFA-Burbank for completion. You then went into the depressing studio. The lights were off, screensavers were on, and most of insides of the desks were cleared out. So...Kenan and I went into the Draw your own character thing, and we TRIED to draw Mickey Mouse. Mine came out with a dent in its chin, a jellybean for the nose, an egg for an ear, and a loaf of bread for the other ear...(I even labeled all the parts) Kenan's didnt come out much better, but the girl next to us, who was like 8, had us both beat (well, her and her mom did)
--The Studios were holding auditions for a new ABC show "The Swap" and had a sign saying "Any family with 2 parents, and children, and would like to have a chance to be on tv, come to soundstage 1" and they interviewed you right on the spot
--Stunt Show construction is coming by good, and half of the NY construction is done aswell....But just as thats done, they have set up construction walls around ANOTHER facade, further up the street, and all the windows from that building have been taken out.

--SO....With nothing else to do, and TOT and RNRC flooded with people, we went on the Backlot Tour (Kenan knows whats coming ) So, we were both in the front of the line, waiting on the ramp, to get into the special effects water tank. They came by and asked if we wanted to do it. Me running my big mouth, I was like "OF COURSE!!!" and convinced Kenan to do it to. So we got down there, and got our blue poncho's on, and great big giant, impossible to walk in boots on, and were given the part of the 2 guys on the boat when it gets attacked. So, we're cleaning and cleaning, and the waters exploding, and im dying, and Kenan's pointing in the wrong direction...and it seemed to go on forever. The lady was like "OH NO, theres a torpedo! Wheww, that was close...but then you think its over, and here comes a bomb!...Wheww, you made it thru that one, but just when you think its over..." and she went on FOREVER ...It stunk we didnt get to see ourselves on the monitors or on a small tv or something.

So, we did the Backlot Tour, and they now have a speel for the stunt show included in the ride.

#2 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Disney. Should there be anything else?

Posted 30 November 2003 - 10:15 PM

--They have changed the Haunted Mansion set tour around a bit, adding a few tombstones in the front of the sign, and not stopping you in the corridor anymore. They also take a MUCH larger group of people than they did when it first opened.

Yes! They have gotten rid of all the -stupid jokes- and send more people through it than before.

--The Animation Tour is back open also. You walk into the first room, with a pretty funny movie staring Mushu, and then go into another part of the studio, and some things are explained, and questions are answered. The lady said the studio is on Hiatus, and that "Home on the Range" (which, last I heard, was complete) was sent to WDFA-Burbank for completion. You then went into the depressing studio. The lights were off, screensavers were on, and most of insides of the desks were cleared out. So...Kenan and I went into the Draw your own character thing, and we TRIED to draw Mickey Mouse. Mine came out with a dent in its chin, a jellybean for the nose, an egg for an ear, and a loaf of bread for the other ear...(I even labeled all the parts) Kenan's didnt come out much better, but the girl next to us, who was like 8, had us both beat (well, her and her mom did)

The new Anim Tour is great. They did a very good job of updating it. The studios were dark because they are all on vacation (or so they said). The desks were not cleaned out as far as I could tell.

--Stunt Show construction is coming by good, and half of the NY construction is done aswell....But just as thats done, they have set up construction walls around ANOTHER facade, further up the street, and all the windows from that building have been taken out.

One corner of NY Street is completely done. They are also working on the Hunchback theatre, possibly a new facade to match the street.

#3 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 09 December 2003 - 04:03 AM

Another quick update care of a user over at wdwmagic...

--The RNRC audio is starting to fail again, but we only rode once, and it only skipped out on some parts.
--The park is now doing Holiday meet and greats in front of the park with all of the characters in holiday costumes. I have to say, MGM captures the Christmas spirit. It made you think it was a busy shopping day, with the music, and noise, and decorations. MGM is the best decorated and best themed this year.

#4 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God

Posted 09 December 2003 - 07:14 AM

QuickGold said:

I have to say, MGM captures the Christmas spirit. It made you think it was a busy shopping day, with the music, and noise, and decorations. MGM is the best decorated and best themed this year.

I guess someones not upset there are no Lights this year....

#5 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 09 December 2003 - 12:13 PM

DisneyPrincess said:

QuickGold said:

I have to say, MGM captures the Christmas spirit. It made you think it was a busy shopping day, with the music, and noise, and decorations. MGM is the best decorated and best themed this year.

I guess someones not upset there are no Lights this year....

:lol: Yea, he might be the only person very happy with how things turned out this year :content:

#6 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God

Posted 10 December 2003 - 07:55 AM

-The previously published time of 2:30pm for Disney Stars and Motor Cars Parade at Disney-MGM Studios on December 12 has been changed to 3:30pm.

#7 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 10 December 2003 - 12:22 PM

DisneyPrincess said:

-The previously published time of 2:30pm for Disney Stars and Motor Cars Parade at Disney-MGM Studios on December 12 has been changed to 3:30pm.

Thanks for the update...I'll update the site :lol:

#8 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

• Studios God

Posted 10 December 2003 - 12:40 PM

Why are all the parades at each park jumping around in the times they are shown? I noticed it when I was there during Thanksgiving.

#9 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God

Posted 10 December 2003 - 02:13 PM

I believe it's for the various conventions going around. We have Pop Warner Cheerleading and Football at the Studios on the 12th.

#10 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 10 December 2003 - 04:09 PM

When I went to update the site, I had it listed for 3:30 allready. :? Either I'm really smart or really stupid.

#11 User is offline   disneyprincess 

• Studios God

Posted 10 December 2003 - 06:54 PM

hrm, it was on our ops flash, dunno when. Sometime this week. Interesting ;)

#12 User is offline   TrendyMagic 

• Studios God

Posted 10 December 2003 - 07:44 PM

DisneyPrincess said:

I believe it's for the various conventions going around. We have Pop Warner Cheerleading and Football at the Studios on the 12th.

Ah ok. Thanks.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users