Studios Central: Change to Jedi Training Academy queuing process - Studios Central

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Change to Jedi Training Academy queuing process

#1 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 16 November 2010 - 12:05 PM

Disney is experimenting with a change of how kids sign up for Jedi Training Academy. As of now, kids can reserve spots first come - first signed up for all shows at the beginning of the day -- 16 kids per show - up to 16 alternates for each show as well. Then everyone lines up in the Star Tours ropes 20 mins before the JT shows to ensure attendance.

The idea is fewer disappointed families waiting for each show (more than 2 hours at times for a wait).

#2 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Disney World, Harry Potter, Star Wars and my family

Posted 16 November 2010 - 03:08 PM

View PostQuickGold, on 16 November 2010 - 12:05 PM, said:

Disney is experimenting with a change of how kids sign up for Jedi Training Academy. As of now, kids can reserve spots first come - first signed up for all shows at the beginning of the day -- 16 kids per show - up to 16 alternates for each show as well. Then everyone lines up in the Star Tours ropes 20 mins before the JT shows to ensure attendance.

The idea is fewer disappointed families waiting for each show (more than 2 hours at times for a wait).

I understand that to many families it would be better to "reserve" a spot for a show and the enjoy the park and come back. But what happens to the families that get to the park later in the day?? With all the spots filled in the morning they have no chance of doing the show...maybe they could do some shows by reserving spots and some like they did before, where the Jedi Master picks them...
Por favor mantenganse alejados de las puertas

#3 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 16 November 2010 - 04:17 PM

View Postyulilin, on 16 November 2010 - 03:08 PM, said:

I understand that to many families it would be better to "reserve" a spot for a show and the enjoy the park and come back. But what happens to the families that get to the park later in the day?? With all the spots filled in the morning they have no chance of doing the show...maybe they could do some shows by reserving spots and some like they did before, where the Jedi Master picks them...

During the warmer months, this queue makes a whole lot more sense because forcing people to stand out there and wait in line during the summer heat is brutal. Granted, regardless of the time it does punish those that arrive late to the park, but how is that any different than the FASTPASS situation for TSMM?

#4 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Disney World, Harry Potter, Star Wars and my family

Posted 16 November 2010 - 05:36 PM

View PostQuickGold, on 16 November 2010 - 04:17 PM, said:

During the warmer months, this queue makes a whole lot more sense because forcing people to stand out there and wait in line during the summer heat is brutal. Granted, regardless of the time it does punish those that arrive late to the park, but how is that any different than the FASTPASS situation for TSMM?

The difference to me is that if you arrive late and FP's are all gone for TSM they still have the option of waiting in line to get onto the attraction, with JTA if they don't get signed up early then they have a way of participating in the show... And yes, this new way is much better than standing in the hot sun for hours...I just don't see just one solution, either way there will be angry parents
Por favor mantenganse alejados de las puertas

#5 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 17 November 2010 - 11:34 AM

View Postyulilin, on 16 November 2010 - 05:36 PM, said:

I just don't see just one solution, either way there will be angry parents

Good point, I guess they are looking for the lesser of two evils, so to speak

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic