Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Josh's (in progress) Trip Report

#1 User is offline   lilchippewa 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 August 2005 - 12:43 PM

What an amazing trip! My dad and I got so much done in the 6 days we were at the world. I was pleasantly surprised at the crowds in the parks. They seemed pretty full but there was no real significant waits at any headliner except for Soarin. I waited for 35 minutes there but that was the only wait I had that was over 10 minutes.

I was extremely impressed with the new attractions that Disney brought in for the "Happest Celebration". Soarin is an amazing ride that is truly worth the wait and it's a nice mix of adventure and fun that the whole family can ride. Lights, Motors, Action is a great stunt show that I had to see twice! I really enjoyed the show. The only downside of the show is that it kind of puts Indy's stunt show to shame. I would guess that this show may mark the beginning of the end for Indy's show

Mission: Space was another great ride. I believe it ranks up there with ToT as my favorite rides at WDW. I rode M:S 7 times. There was no wait at all for singles riders so I took full advantage.

The last night we were there my dad and I went to the Adventurer's Club at Downtown Disney. I thought this was hilarious. Also, I believe it's worth noting that our resort, French Quarter was probably less than half full after last Sunday. I thought this was interesting and we never had a full bus going to or fro the parks.

Anyways, there's more to tell and I hope to have some pictures from PhotoPass and Kodak's PhotoLab soon. But's thats all for this post, Peace.
-Josh

#2 User is offline   PixieDust 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, music, reading, fun stuff. ;-)

Posted 21 August 2005 - 01:49 PM

sounds like you had fun josh
Jeanne
Engaged July 17th, 2008 @ Sunset Point
3/3/09 - Sunset Point Wedding
AIM: PixieSBPassion

MySpace

Glenn is my hero!!

#3 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 21 August 2005 - 04:18 PM

Wow, I'm surprised waits were as low as you report them being. :shock: I hope for even less waits next month

#4 User is offline   CoasterManiac45 

• Studios God

Posted 21 August 2005 - 05:53 PM

Great Report Josh. :shifty:

#5 User is offline   lilchippewa 

• Studios God

Posted 22 August 2005 - 02:40 PM

I was also impressed by Mickey's PhilarMagic though Mickey is hardly in the attraction at all. :?: This 3-D show doesn't try to scare kids and that's a good thing. Also, that was some good advice on the drinking around the world, friends, it was far too hot and expensive to attempt a marathon like that. Instead, I had a drink or two at the Rose and Crown Pub in England. I had a few creamy ales that were mighty tasty. :lol:

I really dislike the wand and EPCOT name on the "Ball" in the park. We know what that symbol is and its redundant to have that there. Anyways, I can't get over how delightfully corny and tacky the Jungle Cruise skippers are. I laughed really hard when I rode it one night. It was especially funny because most of the other riders were foreigners and couldn't understand English too well. The skipper, Matt was his name, tried to speak some Spanish and they laughed a bit more when he attempted that. He provided the funniest quote I heard all trip.

Here it is - "Folks, with a degree from 4 years of school at a major accredited university in a totally unrelated field, you too can become a Jungle Cruise Skipper. :shifty:

There's more to tell and pictures are on the way as well. Thanks for reading and for the nice comments too.
-Josh

#6 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 22 August 2005 - 03:00 PM

lilchippewa said:

Here it is - "Folks, with a degree from 4 years of school at a major accredited university in a totally unrelated field, you too can become a Jungle Cruise Skipper. :shifty:

:lol: That's great

#7 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord
  • Interests:Hockey/Star Wars/Disney

Posted 25 August 2005 - 02:15 PM

lilchippewa said:

Here it is - "Folks, with a degree from 4 years of school at a major accredited university in a totally unrelated field, you too can become a Jungle Cruise Skipper. :D

Hmmmm, there are some days when I would prefer to be a Jungle Cruise Skipper! :)
The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be ...unnatural.

POFQ May 16-19

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users