Studios Central: To get an Annual Pass or not to. That is my question. - Studios Central

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

To get an Annual Pass or not to. That is my question.

#1 User is offline   emilyrose0507 

• Studios Newbie
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:SCA... and Disney, odd mix I know ..

Posted 22 July 2009 - 07:56 PM

Ok here is my question for you all. And I know that you will be able to help me out on this one. I will be going to the world from 10/22-10/29. Were staying at a condo at the All Star Vacation Resorts. And my question is better to get the annual pass or just the park hopper. I know that the annual pass is about 180 dollars more. But we will have to pay for parking every day ( 12 dollars). Plus we can get discounts on the Not So Scary. But I wanted to know if it would be worth it or not to spend the money. Were looking at coming back down to the world 10/18- 10/29 in 2010. So I will be able to use the pass then too. But my husband needs more reasons then just because of the parking. So any help that you have would be great. thanks,,,,

#2 User is offline   darthstich 

• Dark Lord of the Stitch
  • Interests:Disney, Star Wars

Posted 22 July 2009 - 08:12 PM

Annual Pass is the option for you than. Pretty much, it is "pre-paying", if you will, for any future trip in the year, and if you are in the parks for a week, it pretty much evens out, and offers you the flexibility of coming another time, and not having to re-budget park tickets in.

Whatever you choose, I do suggest using Disney Bus Transportation vs. your own vehicle. Saves you $12 in parking (if you don't go with the AP), and gas money.

#3 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 22 July 2009 - 08:28 PM

Like darthstitch mentioned, the AP includes parking and since you are staying off site, you dont want to pay $12 each day to park, so definitely spring for it if you're close in days because parking will put you over the top.

Why you should also get an AP is what if you find a great deal on airfare or Disney releases some special and you can come down again? If you have the hopper, you'd have to buy more tix at some point but with an AP, you just get more value out of it.

#4 User is offline   ghost1000 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 23 July 2009 - 12:52 AM

I believe the last discounted MNSSHP is October 6.

But with the annual pass, you'll be able to purchase the Tables in Wonderland card, which gets you 20% off meals at most table service restaurants and some counter service restaurants, including the various lounges (bars). We actually used it at Rose & Crown Pub on a recent trip, to buy Fish & Chips and hard cider.

But you'll have to renew your annual pass if you're staying this year from 10/22-10/29 and next year from 10/18- 10/29.

There are also some merchandise discounts and food discounts, and 15% off most of the tours.

I just checked the AP website. The AP dates for MNSSHP are Sept 4, 11, 15, 18, 22, 25, 29 and October 1 and 6.
~~ Rita

#5 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Harleys, my pets and WDW!!!

Posted 23 July 2009 - 05:06 PM

An 8 day adult park hopper is $281 and another adult 10 day park hopper for 2010 would be $287 for a total of $568 BUt a basic annual pass is $469 for a significant savings just in the ticket cost. If you add in all the additional savings an Ap provides, there's no question an Ap is the way to go.

Also, keep in mind the add'l discounts if you get the AP even if you don't buy the Tables in Wonderland... 10% discounts at a number of restaurants in the 4 parks as well as some resorts. 10% at several stores including World of Disney Store at DD, Alamo car rental discounts, $2 off evening adult ticket at AMC Pleasure Island 24, etc. Also if you renew the AP the second (and subsequent) cost is reduced.
Debbie
DVC Old Key West 9/27- 10/5/2013 for Food & Wine w/ friends from NJ
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

ConGaloosh 2013 - September 27 - 29, 2013
www.congaloosh.org

#6 User is offline   emilyrose0507 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 23 July 2009 - 09:16 PM

I think I will get the annual pass. ok the next question is where do I get the table of wonderland card. I know when my mother in law just got her pass they did not ask her if she wanted one? And how much does it cost..... thanks for all the help..

#7 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God

Posted 24 July 2009 - 08:18 AM

Like many cool discounts and perks at WDW, it isn't really widely advertised or promoted by Disney. Not sure why...

Tables in Wonderland info:
COST: $75 if you're an AP or FL resident or $100 if you're not an AP or FL resident so don't purchase before you have your AP (or at the same time)

Personally, I think the easiest is to visit Guest Relations at Epcot, Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdrom, Disney's Hollywood Studios, or Downtown Disney to purchase the Tables in Wonderland card. If you purchase ahead of time, you get a voucher and still need to stand in line at GR to get the actual card.

Or
CALL:(407) 566-5858

EMAIL: wdw.disney.dining.experience@disney.com

BY MAIL: Post Office Box 10000, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
Debbie
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

www.congaloosh.org

#8 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 24 July 2009 - 10:40 AM

You can get it at any Guest relations location, so grab it at whichever park you get to first and certainly before you eat at any Table Service restaurants.

#9 User is offline   emilyrose0507 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 24 July 2009 - 12:23 PM

thanks for hte help. is it worth the 75 dollars to get the card?

#10 User is offline   darthstich 

• Dark Lord of the Stitch
  • Interests:Disney, Star Wars

Posted 24 July 2009 - 09:49 PM

View Postemilyrose0507, on Jul 24 2009, 01:23 PM, said:

thanks for hte help. is it worth the 75 dollars to get the card?

For the amount of time your staying, you'll break even, if not save more.

#11 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God

Posted 25 July 2009 - 08:22 AM

Probably worth the cost but also depends on how much you will eat at the restaurants that give the 20% discount (BTW, also includes alchoholic beverages). I don't remember, off the top of my head, where the list of restaurants is but just do a Google search on Tables in Wonderland for details...
Debbie

www.congaloosh.org

#12 User is offline   queenofthehouse 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, Disney and more Disney

Posted 26 July 2009 - 10:20 AM

Sorry if this has already been addressed, I didn't get a chance to read all of the comments.

I am wondering the same thing. In the past I was willing to spend the extra money because of the resort discount. To me that was worth it. But this year I am staying at the Wilderness Lodge, due to a special promo, for the same price that I would have paid if I had an annual pass. So the question is why should I get it. Every year my hope is that I will get make down there again, but it doesn't happen. If you have plans to make another trip, then you should get the annual pass.
Maureen
(Lowell's Mom)
Mad, Mad, Mad about Disney!

May 21-28, 2013
Wilderness Lodge

#13 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord
  • Interests:Hockey/Star Wars/Disney

Posted 26 July 2009 - 01:39 PM

I'm a big supporter of the Tables in wonderland card. It has been a great savings for us and gets you free Vallet parking when dinning at the resorts. It is also useful at some food courts like the one at Port Orleans.
The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be ...unnatural.

POFQ May 16-19

#14 User is offline   ghost1000 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 26 July 2009 - 02:17 PM

Here's the most current list of restaurants participating in Tables in Wonderland.

Disney's All-Star Movies Resort – World Premiere Food Court
Disney's All-Star Music Resort – Intermission Food Court
Disney's All-Star Sports Resort – End Zone Food Court
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge – Boma - The Flavors of Africa, Jiko - The Cooking Place, Victoria Falls, Sanaa
Disney's Beach Club Resort – Beaches & Cream Soda Shop (excludes take-out shop), Cape May Cafe, Martha's Vineyard Lounge
Disney's BoardWalk – ESPN® Club, Flying Fish Cafe, Spoodles, Bellevue Lounge
Disney's Eagle Pines and Osprey Ridge Golf Club – Sand Trap Bar & Grill
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort – Shutters at Old Port Royale
Disney's Contemporary Resort – California Grill, Chef Mickey's, The Wave, Outer Rim Lounge
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort – Maya Grill
Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground – Crockett's Tavern, Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue (9:30 p.m. show only), Trail's End Restaurant
Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa – 1900 Park Fare, Citricos, Garden View Lounge, Grand Floridian Cafe, Mizner's Lounge, Narcoossee's, Victoria & Albert's (excludes Chef's Table)
Disney's Old Key West Resort – Olivia's Cafe
Disney's Polynesian Resort – Kona Cafe, 'Ohana, Tambu Lounge, Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show (Late show only)
Disney's Pop Century Resort – Classic Concoctions, Everything Pop Shopping and Dining
Disney's Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter - Sassagoula Floatworks & Food Factory, Scat Cat's Club
Disney's Port Orleans Resort – Riverside - Boatwright's Dining Hall, River Roost
Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort – The Artist Palette; The Turf Club Bar & Grill
Disney's Vero Beach Resort – : The Green Cabin Room, Shutter's and Sonya's (except Sunday Brunch)
Disney's Wilderness Lodge – Artist Point, Territory Lounge, Whispering Canyon Cafe
Disney's Yacht Club Resort – Captain's Grille, Ale and Compass Lounge, Yachtsman Steakhouse, Crews Cup Lounge
DOWNTOWN DISNEY® – Marketplace - Cap'n Jack's Restaurant
DOWNTOWN DISNEY® – Pleasure Island - Raglan Road™ Irish Pub and Restaurant
DOWNTOWN DISNEY® – West Side - Planet Hollywood®
Epcot® – Tutto Italia Ristorante, Chefs de France, Nine Dragons Restaurant, San Angel Inn Restaurante, Bistro de Paris Restaurant, Le Cellier Steakhouse, Biergarten Restaurant, Restaurant Marrakesh, Restaurant Akershus, Rose & Crown Pub & Dining Room, The Garden Grill, Coral Reef Restaurant
Disney's Hollywood Studios™ – Hollywood & Vine, 50's Prime Time Cafe, Tune-In Lounge, Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano, Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant, The Hollywood Brown Derby
Magic Kingdom® Park – The Crystal Palace, Cinderella's Royal Table, Liberty Tree Tavern, The Plaza Restaurant, Tony's Town Square Restaurant
Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park – Tusker House Restaurant, Pizzafari, Flame Tree Barbeque, Restaurantosaurus

Entertainment & Dancing
Atlantic Dance Hall – Disney's BoardWalk
Admission is free for members and guest.

And I've learned that Kouzzina at Boardwalk will also be a participating member.
~~ Rita

#15 User is offline   ghost1000 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 26 July 2009 - 02:21 PM

And you also get AP discount rates at the various Disney resorts.
~~ Rita

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users