Studios Central: How is Lotso being recieved now that the movie is out? - Studios Central

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How is Lotso being recieved now that the movie is out?

#1 User is offline   chill 

• Studios Newbie
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 June 2010 - 11:05 PM

SPOILER ALERT

With the push Disney has been giving Lotso, I was very surprised to see he was actually the villain of the movie. I know my kids do not like seeing him at the store now, so I was curious how the lines are to meet him now that the movie is out.

Just curious.

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 25 June 2010 - 10:46 AM

I think Lotso's line has been pretty busy, certainly as much so as previous characters that have occupied that space.

#3 User is offline   MaxiBarns 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Running, Eating, Laughing, Running, Eating, Laughing

Posted 25 June 2010 - 08:48 PM

[quote name='chill' date='Jun 24 2010, 11:05 PM' post='87311']
SPOILER ALERT

With the push Disney has been giving Lotso, I was very surprised to see he was actually the villain of the movie. I know my kids do not like seeing him at the store now, so I was curious how the lines are to meet him now that the movie is out.

I was wondering the same thing. When we got out of the movie, my 6 year old said, "Mom, he's not really mean, Lotso was just acting."

#4 User is offline   IHeartTheStudios 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 26 June 2010 - 07:46 PM

There's been a lot of talk about Lotso as a meet and greet character and I'm not really sure I understand why. Disney has had villains out for meet and greets for years, some much more evil than Lotso... So what's the difference?

#5 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 26 June 2010 - 09:10 PM

View PostIHeartTheStudios, on Jun 26 2010, 08:46 PM, said:

There's been a lot of talk about Lotso as a meet and greet character and I'm not really sure I understand why. Disney has had villains out for meet and greets for years, some much more evil than Lotso... So what's the difference?

Not to mention Woody and Buzz are also available to meet on Pixar Place, so it's not like Lotso is the only character from TS3. I think the fact that Lotso is the only character in the designated TS3 area gives the perception he is representing the movie. Yes, it's kind of unusual to have a villain be a character for one of these new films, although I do recall Bowler Hat Guy from Meet the Robinsons being a character to meet when they occupied the space.

#6 User is offline   darthstich 

• Dark Lord of the Stitch
  • Interests:Disney, Star Wars

Posted 26 June 2010 - 10:08 PM

View PostIHeartTheStudios, on Jun 26 2010, 08:46 PM, said:

I think in this case hes portrayed as a cute cuddly lovable character at the parks, and if you see him first then see the movies it offers a "i can't belive i thought this evil dude was cute" thing

#7 User is offline   MaxiBarns 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Running, Eating, Laughing, Running, Eating, Laughing

Posted 26 June 2010 - 10:53 PM

View Postdarthstich, on Jun 26 2010, 10:08 PM, said:

I think in this case hes portrayed as a cute cuddly lovable character at the parks, and if you see him first then see the movies it offers a "i can't belive i thought this evil dude was cute" thing

Agreed! In the reverse order of seeing the movie first, it plays a bit w/kids minds. My 6yr old was so excited to meet Lotso & smell the strawberries, so when she saw the movie first, the way she made him a safe character in her mind was to tell me he was just acting.

Oddly enough this also opened up the conversation about not all "good" things are "good looking" If Lotso had been a spider or a snake there would be no confusion.

#8 User is offline   IHeartTheStudios 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 27 June 2010 - 12:43 PM

Someone told me they heard a parent to explain to their kid "That's not the mean Lotso... that's the second Lotso who went to live with the little girl when she lost the first one." Whatever works!

#9 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney World, Harry Potter, Star Wars and my family

Posted 27 June 2010 - 03:56 PM

I am loving this thread, I haven't seen the movie yet so I'm looking at Lotso as a cute huggable bear, now knowing he's the villain in the movie puts another perspective. Loving the fact that parents are taking the time to explain right and wrong thru him.
Also I don't consider Bowler Hat Guy as a villain, he's just misunderstood, he just needed a little push to become a good guy.
Por favor mantenganse alejados de las puertas

#10 User is offline   surfpark 

• Studios God

Posted 28 June 2010 - 02:22 AM

Lotso is a fun character. If they would have had the Prospector from the second film, I'd go see him. Lotso was a benevolent dictator. From what I saw in the movie, he did not treat the other daycare toys badly. He actually acted like he was helping them out. Lotso was two faced, and I think since he is in the daycare setting, meeting kids, he's going to keep that smile on his face. He's not breaking character!

#11 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 28 June 2010 - 10:41 AM

View Postsurfpark, on Jun 28 2010, 03:22 AM, said:

Lotso is a fun character. If they would have had the Prospector from the second film, I'd go see him. Lotso was a benevolent dictator. From what I saw in the movie, he did not treat the other daycare toys badly. He actually acted like he was helping them out. Lotso was two faced, and I think since he is in the daycare setting, meeting kids, he's going to keep that smile on his face. He's not breaking character!

While I agree with you about what you said, he did leave Woody and pals to die in the incinerator, so that isn't angelic behavior.

I like the explanation that IHeartTheStudios said of it being the "other" Lotso.

#12 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord
  • Interests:Hockey/Star Wars/Disney

Posted 29 June 2010 - 11:33 AM

Who doesn't love a bear strapped to the front of a big rig? I'm hoping to see that in the Canyon on the Backlot tour next.
The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be ...unnatural.

POFQ May 16-19

#13 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney World, Harry Potter, Star Wars and my family

Posted 03 July 2010 - 11:28 AM

I saw TS3 yesterday with my daughter, and loved it. Along the lines of this thread I would like to meet Lotso amd tell him how could he be so cruel :) Loved his fate in the movie. My daughter said that she would never want to meet him
Por favor mantenganse alejados de las puertas

#14 User is offline   squishybear 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Disney!!!

Posted 03 July 2010 - 01:34 PM

I met Lotso yesterday and I have to say that he is a really cute character in person.
He smells like strawberries and it becomes very hard to see him as the bad guy.
I agree with Iheartthestudios as well as this Lotso being the decievingly kind Lotso.
Who doesn't want to hug a cute strawberry bear?

#15 User is offline   surfpark 

• Studios God

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:26 PM

The character is a great addition. I think a villain of a story can have just as much admiration as a hero does. Look at what Disney does every Halloween with their ugly villains. I'd like to see Lotso in that line-up, sticking out like a sore thumb.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users