Studios Central: List of SWW characters for 2009? - Studios Central

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

List of SWW characters for 2009? Looking for locations & times!

#1 User is offline   vicki_c 

• Studios Newbie
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 May 2009 - 12:00 PM

I'm wondering if anyone has a list of the times/locations for the SWW characters like the one that was posted here last year. That was a great help to me in planning our meetings with the characters and I would love to do the same again this year. I know which characters are going to be there, but knowing that character XX started at 9 and character YY didn't start until 10:30 was really helpful.

I read Glenn's blog from last weekend and it mentioned that the CM wouldn't let him look at the character meet & greet list (!! - so ridiculous - like it's a state secret), but I'm wondering if anyone else has compiled a list of if there's a plan to do that.

Thanks for any info you could provide - we don't go until the last weekend, so I'm hoping that info pops up in the next 2 weeks.

Vicki

#2 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney World, Harry Potter, Star Wars and my family

Posted 29 May 2009 - 12:45 PM

like Glenn said the times for each character is "not available" to us, mere mortals, but I will try and get more info this Saturday, see if I can come up with a tentative list and I'll post anything here. I know that the Disney characters are in rotation, every 20min or so, same as Chewbacca and Ewoks, and Luke, Leia and R2D2.
Por favor mantenganse alejados de las puertas

#3 User is offline   vicki_c 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 29 May 2009 - 12:48 PM

View Postyulilin, on May 29 2009, 01:45 PM, said:

like Glenn said the times for each character is "not available" to us, mere mortals, but I will try and get more info this Saturday, see if I can come up with a tentative list and I'll post anything here. I know that the Disney characters are in rotation, every 20min or so, same as Chewbacca and Ewoks, and Luke, Leia and R2D2.

Thanks a lot - I'd go by last year's info, but I already saw one post that said Darth Maul was starting early - like 9:30 or 9:40 AM and last year he didn't start until after noon on the day we were there. I'm guessing most will be the same/similar, but I MUST have my plan!

#4 User is offline   COH#1fan 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, travel, comics, live performance

Posted 29 May 2009 - 05:48 PM

View Postyulilin, on May 29 2009, 01:45 PM, said:

Yeah, I think I'm going to forgo the SWW the Friday I'm at the Studios, since the CMs are being very unsupportive for this event. Sometimes I hate some CMs. :D

And this is why Lucas needs to make his own Star Wars theme park.
"In an age of fads, copycats, and rapidly changing trends, you have chosen to stand out from the rest and be an individual. We applaud your courage and self-expression. Thanks for being a part of our show today. Don't ever change. The world needs more people with your spirit." - The Citizens of Hollywood

#5 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 29 May 2009 - 07:18 PM

I tried to get a character list from the CMs but they wouldn't give it out. They will, however, tell you where and when any character(s) will be if you ask at the information desk.

#6 User is offline   vicki_c 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 29 May 2009 - 08:14 PM

View PostQuickGold, on May 29 2009, 08:18 PM, said:

I tried to get a character list from the CMs but they wouldn't give it out. They will, however, tell you where and when any character(s) will be if you ask at the information desk.

Thanks Matt! I've been pulling little bits and pieces from a few trips reports and a few posts on the DIS and some photos I've seen. Doesn't really help with times though.

Your list last year was very, very appreciated for our first SWW - my kids had a great time getting their photos taken in the morning - no lines at all - we quit once the lines started to really build. I was hoping to do the same this year.

#7 User is offline   IHeartTheStudios 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 29 May 2009 - 09:57 PM

View Postvicki_c, on May 29 2009, 01:00 PM, said:

I'm wondering if anyone has a list of the times/locations for the SWW characters like the one that was posted here last year. That was a great help to me in planning our meetings with the characters and I would love to do the same again this year. I know which characters are going to be there, but knowing that character XX started at 9 and character YY didn't start until 10:30 was really helpful.

I read Glenn's blog from last weekend and it mentioned that the CM wouldn't let him look at the character meet & greet list (!! - so ridiculous - like it's a state secret), but I'm wondering if anyone else has compiled a list of if there's a plan to do that.

Thanks for any info you could provide - we don't go until the last weekend, so I'm hoping that info pops up in the next 2 weeks.

Vicki

The CM can't let you see the list they have because it's not appropriate for Guests to see. It would not support character integrity, lets just say that.

That said, I don't know why the info isn't printed somewhere, I thought it was supposed to be with the guidemap. Any of the people in the black star wars polo shirts should be able to tell you where and when the characters will be somewhere. Also, if you stop at Guest Relations when you get in they should also be able to tell you.

#8 User is offline   bjohnson 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 29 May 2009 - 10:22 PM

View PostIHeartTheStudios, on May 29 2009, 09:57 PM, said:

The CM can't let you see the list they have because it's not appropriate for Guests to see. It would not support character integrity, lets just say that.

That said, I don't know why the info isn't printed somewhere, I thought it was supposed to be with the guidemap. Any of the people in the black star wars polo shirts should be able to tell you where and when the characters will be somewhere. Also, if you stop at Guest Relations when you get in they should also be able to tell you.

Seeing Darth Vader's itinerary interferes with his image eh? :D Makes sense. I suspect the awe he inspires would be reduced if he was constantly looking at his blackberry.

#9 User is offline   vicki_c 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 29 May 2009 - 10:39 PM

View PostIHeartTheStudios, on May 29 2009, 10:57 PM, said:

Not to be a troublemaker with less than 5 posts here, but that's just silly. I can't really see how knowing in advance that the Jedi Council meets from 9-11, and 12:30-2 near Prime Time (made up times and location obviously) is interfering with the characters integrity. I'm aware that we can find out once we're there, but I wanted to get the info in advance.

But discussion of the schedule did remind me that I have connection to a friend of Cinderella and Mary Poppins - maybe I'll see if she knows anything, but she doesn't spend much time in the Studios.

#10 User is offline   darthstich 

• Dark Lord of the Stitch
  • Interests:Disney, Star Wars

Posted 30 May 2009 - 12:49 AM

View PostIHeartTheStudios, on May 29 2009, 10:57 PM, said:

I came as a guest on Saturday last weekend and anytime i asked when a character was coming out in the area they pulled out their schedule right in front of me.

The past years a character and merchandise schedules were readily available... idk why it isn't this year

#11 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God

Posted 31 May 2009 - 02:25 PM

ALright I went to the infor desk and teh CM's got the list out I asked if I could copy it and she said that that was OK, I asked her why they didn't have copies of the schedule for guest and her response was that that then she wouldn't have anything to do all day.
Ashoka Tano: 10am 11am 12noon 12:40, 2:00, 2:35, 3:15
Rex: 10:30, 12:55, 2:25, 3:25, 4:10, 4:50, 5:40
Mace Windy and Shaak Tii: 9:20, 10:15, 1:40, 2:50, 4:00. 5:00
Kit Fisto: 10 min after the previous, for example: 9:30, 10:25, 1:50, etc.
Anakin: 9:45, 10:45, 12:20, 2:10, 3:20, 4:30, 5:30.
All these characters are by the muppets exit, mama melrose, premier theater.Anakin, Mace Windu, Shaak Tii, Kit Fisto are in one area, you might get a 3 of them together at some point. Ashoka and Rex in the other area by the Premier Theater, you might get the both for about 5min.
Free roaming characters in this area are: clone troopers, Jawas

Darth Maul: 11:15, 12:20, 12:55, 1:30, 2:40, 3:15, 3:50, 4:25, 5:00, 5:35, 6:10
Jango Fett: 9:00, 9:50, 10:35, 1:45, 2:30, 3:35, 4:25, 5:15
Bobba Fett: 9:30, 10:15, 10:55, 12:25, 1:25, 2:10, 3:15, 4:05, 4:55
Zam Wessel: 9:10,12:55, 2:45, 3:45, 4:45, 5:35
Aurra Sing: 12:30, 2:40, 3:55, 5:00, 5:55
Darth Vader: countinously after 9am to 6
These characters are next to Backlot Tour, Wixket's Warehouse, Jango and Bobba share a set, Zam and Aurra don't really have a set they just walk around.
Roaming chartacters in this area are: Tuscan Raiders, Stormtroopers, Gamorrean Guard.
Darth Vader is next to the extix of Backlot Tour.
Darth Maul next to the exit of Wickets.

Chewbacca and Ewok: rotating from 9 to 6
Luke, Leia R2D2: rotating from 9 to 6
STar Tours area
Sorry I didn't get the times for Queen Amidala, I forgot to look at her schedule, but she's there pretty much all day as well.
Roaming characters in this area are: ewoks, Cantina Band
Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy, rotating avery 20min, first is Jedi Mickey, then Stormtrooper Donald and Darth Goofy together then Princess Minnie. by the ABC Comissary.

Hope this helps in your planning, longest line we saw was Darth Vader, even if he's there all day, he always had a huge line.

#12 User is offline   vicki_c 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 31 May 2009 - 02:40 PM

You are the most amazing wonderful person and I love you for it!

Thank you so much! :(

#13 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 31 May 2009 - 03:34 PM

Thanks for posting this Yulady :(

#14 User is offline   SkywalkersDad 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 31 May 2009 - 09:51 PM

THANK YOU! Extremely helpful to planning my upcoming trip.

#15 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God

Posted 01 June 2009 - 07:48 AM

No problem, any other questions just let me know, I'll be there on Friday to try and get a FP for both Dave Prowse and Jeremy Bulloch.

#16 User is offline   Sleepless Knight 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Star Wars, Disney, Pixar

Posted 01 June 2009 - 10:50 AM

I want to add a couple of things about meeting the SW characters. If you're going to meet Luke, Leia, or R2 they can and will rotate so you will get at least one of the 3. Just because R2 is there when you get in line doesn't mean he will be there when your turn comes. They will not allow you to wait for the character you want. R2 is subject to elements such as weather and sometimes he shows up late because he needs an oil bath.

However, I believe you will be allowed to wait for the Disney SW characters. CMs told me that you would be allowed to wait. I also think that the schedule for the Disney SW characters switches in the afternoon. I was told that Leia Minnie was out every hour on the hour and Jedi Mickey every 20 minute mark on the hour.

In my experience, the CMs inside the park were very, very good at telling me when characters were scheduled to appear. As always it should be remembered that there's only "one" Mickey Mouse, so if he's in his sorcerer garb at the Magic of Disney Animation, you won't be able to find him in his Jedi robes at the same time.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users