• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Virgin Megastore

#1 User is offline   Studio Kid 

• Studios Veteran
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Visiting the Studios

Posted 27 December 2008 - 05:22 PM

A post from WDW magic said that's it's closing but this website http://www.istockanalyst.com/article/viewi...ticleid/2890395 said that'll clsoe 4 other stores along with Anaheim, Dallas, Tempe and Ontario, California.(also stated on wdwmagic)That leaves that would leave behind Hollywood, San Francisco, Times Square and Union Sqaure in New York, Denver and Orlando's. Has anyone else heard. The source of some of my info is from a wdwmagic post. Let me know I really enjoy this store.
Thanks.
Studio Kid.

#2 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Harleys, my pets and WDW!!!

Posted 27 December 2008 - 08:35 PM

The Virgin Megastore at DD is pretty cool to browse and I always end up buying a few CDs or a book or two. I haven't been there since AC at PI closed, though. We used to shop, eat dinner usually at Raglan Road or Bongo's & then go to AC. No longer any real reason to go to DD. It would be shame if that huge store closed.
Debbie
DVC Old Key West 9/27- 10/5/2013 for Food & Wine w/ friends from NJ
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

ConGaloosh 2013 - September 27 - 29, 2013
www.congaloosh.org

#3 User is offline   IndyandMarion 

• Studios God

Posted 28 December 2008 - 07:31 PM

God I heard about this about a year ago.

Brick and Mortar stores are taking a hit simply because items like iTunes. Granted, Virgin is an awesome place to find great DVDs and music from around the world, I've noticed a decline recently (Not to do with the economy).

I heard at one point however (About a month after the "closing" rumor showed up) that talks within Disney had an Apple Megastore being installed (no pun intended) in the building. Which would make my life so much easier. . . No more Florida Mall for me!
Professionals admit to the problem. Alcoholics claim they have no problem.

Field Agent Indy reporting for the next World Showcase Mission

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users