Studios Central: Upcoming Trip Thoughts & Planning - Studios Central

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Upcoming Trip Thoughts & Planning

#1 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Golf, Disney, Sports Junkie!

Posted 12 July 2009 - 09:41 AM

Hi Everyone! ;)

We are headed down to Orlando July 26th - August 9th; our longest trip ever! My Daughter Anna (9) and I are headed to Universal Studios for 4 nights at the Royal Pacific Resort (I know...How could I, but I do like Universal, but Love Disney). We plan on trying out the luau the resort offers to guests.

On July 30th we are heading over to AKV for 7 nights in their club level. We're really looking forward to it. My wife Kim is joing us on July 31st at AKV for the rest of our trip.

I typically plan Disney World trips a year or so in advance (you almost have to with DVC these days) so unfortunately, I'll be missing the fun of Magic Meets while in Orlando. I've never gone to Magic Meets, but I do like to follow along. I'll probably miss some of my Orlando friends since they will be in Camp Hill, PA.

We timed our summer trip around an event called Tikifest. Steve Seifert (aka Tikiman) hosts this event for enthusiasts of Disney's Polynesian Resort. We attended this event in 2007 and had a great time. This year the main event has turned into and Illuminations dessert party at the Italy pavillion. We are looking forward to seeing several friends and meeting new people.

The last few nights of our trip will be spent at the new Bay Lake Tower. We are looking forward to seeing the theming inside the resort and also the "Top of the World" lounge where we'll be able to view Wishes in the evening.

We are also planning on spending more time at the Studios. During our last visit to the World in May we sort of neglected the Studios and only visited there one afternoon. Our trip was shorter than usual, so time didn't permit us to get there as much as we wished. I plan to make up for it this time.

So it's "game on" in exactly 2 weeks. 14 days and nights of theme parks, glutiny and some good ole fun! I will be doing a trip report right here during our time at Disney World. I'll post photos and let you know about our experiences each day. I'll also be posting quite a bit to Facebook (photos & status updates) thanks to my new IPhone 3G[S].

Let me go ahead and say this now and get it out of the way: NEWS FLASH ------ We're in Florida and it's HOT!!!

If anyone has any suggestions, or would like to meet up let me know.

Peace Out,
ADP

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 12 July 2009 - 03:23 PM

Since you've got a nice long trip, I'd advise you to take things easy and not feel like you have to "do it all" immediately. Take advantage of the resort activities you can find at AKL or Fort Wilderness.

I'm surprised you're spending so much time at Universal. Personally, when I went a few months ago for the first time, I was able to knock out each park in about half a day (obviously crowds were lower in early May than when you're going). I'm interested to hear your experience, especially come day 3 and 4.

Have a great trip Aaron!

#3 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Golf, Disney, Sports Junkie!

Posted 13 July 2009 - 08:48 AM

View PostQuickGold, on Jul 12 2009, 04:23 PM, said:

Since you've got a nice long trip, I'd advise you to take things easy and not feel like you have to "do it all" immediately. Take advantage of the resort activities you can find at AKL or Fort Wilderness.

I'm surprised you're spending so much time at Universal. Personally, when I went a few months ago for the first time, I was able to knock out each park in about half a day (obviously crowds were lower in early May than when you're going). I'm interested to hear your experience, especially come day 3 and 4.

Have a great trip Aaron!

Thanks Matt! I'll let you know how it goes at Universal. We originally had 5 nights booked at Universal, but I backed off one night for the exact reason you just stated; it might be too long. Even 4 nights maybe too long.

We plan on taking a lot of breaks during our time at Disney World. Afternoon breaks will probably occur each day. We'll hang out at the resort, enjoy some of the activities, rest and relax. Our routine will include getting to the parks as close to opening as possible, leaving around 1:00PM, and then returning in the early evening. It should work out pretty well.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users