• 12 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Star Wars Weekends 2011?

#41 User is offline   abcsoapfan1981 

• Studios Regular
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Star Wars,Star Trek,Stargate ( all of them ) ABC Soap Operas....And Dsiney World of course!!!!!

Posted 22 February 2011 - 08:14 PM

I have to agree with you Dark Lord Peter is great never had a bad experanice with him or Daniel Logan..Hes a sweet heart..Hope that Daniel will be there this year,is anyone going down to Miami for the comic con down there? Cause Daniel is going to be at that this weekend.

Star Wars Weekends May/June 2013
Drew Brees Passing Academy,Wide World of Sports June 2013
DisneyLand and General Hospital Fanclub Weekend July 2013

#42 User is offline   obilorne 

• Studios Regular

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:22 PM

Mayhew is good...wish he was a bit more social. Logan is awesome, no doubt. I hope that Daniels doesn't personalize everything put in front of him, or else Disney will get an earful from me. Its not that I sell everything I egt signed, but I dont care for things personalized to me. Its just my thing.

I cant wait to hear who the other guests will be...very excited.

#43 User is offline   abcsoapfan1981 

• Studios Regular
  • Interests:Star Wars,Star Trek,Stargate ( all of them ) ABC Soap Operas....And Dsiney World of course!!!!!

Posted 22 February 2011 - 11:13 PM

Daniels will personalize, he has done it to me the last 3 times that i have seen him. and the last time was on my episode 2 movie poster that no one else had personalize. and could he look at it and see that everyone else had just signed it..even rick m when he was there did not personalize it... i was pissed that he did and i asked him not too... i hope that he doesnt do it this year...but im not gping to hold my breath...

#44 User is offline   obilorne 

• Studios Regular

Posted 23 February 2011 - 07:51 PM

Ive got a bad feeling about this...im already starting to think how i could fix that, if it happens...if he signed on the bubble on an action figure with your name, maybe some rubbing alcohol would quickly take off your name as soon as you got out of line...or you could just be rude and insist you have no name when you meet him...i guess ill just have to ask a CM on what his signing habits are before i get to him...i even emailed his site with this "problem" with no reply...

#45 User is offline   matthewbritt72 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 24 February 2011 - 08:32 AM

I've met Anthony Daniels at several Celebrations and several times at SWW. I've never had a problem with him signing any of my pics, but I've always had him sign professional photos of C3PO that I ordered from officialpix.com. I will admit that he was more picky and cranky at Celebration, because not only does he get paid for the autograph, but also to go stand in line afterwords and get paid for photos, so when people were snapping free photos it made him angry. Im my experiences, he has never insisted on personalizing any of my autographs (some are and some aren't), though as I said I've never asked for posters or figures to be signed. I've heard many horror stories about him through the years, but he always seems more relaxed at SWW signings, than at any conventions I've seen him at. As far as Mayhew goes, he is GREAT! but he is actually the only one that I've ever had issues with during a signing. I wanted to get my nephew an autograph and he refused to personalize it a for me a few years ago, he would only sign his name to keep the line moving. Maybe he was just having a bad day, IDK. Anyways, good luck to all of you.

#46 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney World, Harry Potter, Star Wars and my family

Posted 24 February 2011 - 02:19 PM

We are not searching for autographs to sell them or anything like it. We have this 2006 Star Wars calendar and every year we take it to all the celebs to sign, all of them have even Mr. Mayhew and Mr. Prowse.It's basically a nice memento for my kids to be able to look back and see all the signatures we were able to collect. We would just like to add Mr. Daniels to it. I think I'll just talk to the CM handling his autographs to see in what type of mood he's in before waking up in the wee hours of the morning to get a FP.
Last year I had a Chewbacca picture that I was sending to a cousin who is a big fan and Mr. Mayhew didn't personalize it even when I asked, but he did this very politely. I wasn't offended or anything is just his personal choice.
Por favor mantenganse alejados de las puertas

#47 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord
  • Interests:Hockey/Star Wars/Disney

Posted 25 February 2011 - 07:36 PM

In Peter Mayhews case I think it is easier for him to keep everyone happy if he keeps it simple and keeps the line moving. He does a very good job of trying to accomodate everyone. Daniels is a mystery to me since I have not had the pleasure, but it sounds here like we've heard similar things. My goal is to keep an open mind and hope he signs the poster I intend to bring. I'll keep my C3PO stress ball (head) in my pocket just to deal with anything unexpected. ;)
The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be ...unnatural.

POFQ May 16-19

#48 User is offline   abcsoapfan1981 

• Studios Regular

Posted 26 February 2011 - 12:33 AM

I'm just hoping that Mr Daniels is having a good day when I see him...Having had met a number of actors/actress over the years,I think that Mr Daniels is the most picky one that Ive met..But on a plus side I cant wait to see Ray Park again,he is such a sweet heart...

Cant wait for star wars weekend...

#49 User is offline   queenofthehouse 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, Disney and more Disney

Posted 26 February 2011 - 08:19 PM

I am disappointed to see that Anthony Daniels will be back. He was there for our very first SWW visit. We got up really early, like so many others and waited and waited and waited. We were very excited about meeting him, but that excitment quickly vanished when our turn came. I found him very full of himself. Not friendly in any way at all. He would NOT sign my disney autograph book.

Last year, we had a lot of fun getting to meet Temuera Morrison, Daniel Logan and Jeremy Bulloch. Not that's a line up and they were so fun too. I would love to see any of them again. My son Lowell caught the Mickey hat that Temuera tossed into the audience at Stars of the Saga. We had already gotten his autograph earlier that day, but he seemed truly excited to sign it for Lowell and Daniel Logan was so funny, he had to put the hat on because it had belonged to Temuera and he had to sign it too. What a fun day.

I'm hoping that the line up I saw listed is just a rough draft. It's starting to look like they need to change the name to Clone Wars Weekend.
Maureen
(Lowell's Mom)
Mad, Mad, Mad about Disney!

May 21-28, 2013
Wilderness Lodge

#50 User is offline   obilorne 

• Studios Regular

Posted 26 February 2011 - 09:27 PM

Oh Queenofthehouse...

That's scary...I figure, between myself and my fiance, we have a total of 10-12 times, IF I want, to get to hollywood studios and get Anthony Daniels autograph, just because I have that many things I could have signed by him. I have one thing I truely want signed, my animated clone wars poster. I realllly dont want my name on it. I swear Ill tell him I dont have a name.
Why on earth did he not sign your autograph book? What a loser move. I wonder why a castmember didnt step in and REMIND his highness that he is being paid by disney to be there and SIGN AUTOGRAPHS..

As far as Daniels "having a good day", I garen-darn-tee he will be inside in the air conditioned Sounds Dangerous studio where Billy Dee was last year, and the Wookie will be out in the blazing sun again...

#51 User is offline   abcsoapfan1981 

• Studios Regular

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:09 PM

No everytime that I have seen Anthoney he has been outside in the little booth that they set up for the actors to be in...And Ive seen him 3 diffrent times at Star Wars Weekend....

#52 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord
  • Interests:Hockey/Star Wars/Disney

Posted 26 February 2011 - 11:29 PM

I am very interested in getting an idea of what he HAS signed in the past and what he HAS NOT or refused to sign. A Disney autograph book is a big suprise to me. I have a poster signed by Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill that I would like his autograph on as well. I'm not concerned so much with personaliztions but rather want to understand what will and won't fly with him.

Perhaps some more meditation is required on this subject. Anyone who has been turned down for an item or has had success, please share.
The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be ...unnatural.

POFQ May 16-19

#53 User is offline   abcsoapfan1981 

• Studios Regular

Posted 27 February 2011 - 08:27 PM

My friend had a c3po trading card from empire that she wanted signed and he would not sign it,but told her he would sign his black and white picture that he has up at the table..that was all she had with her,she even told him that he could put her name on it,she didnt care..and he would not sign it..

#54 User is offline   obilorne 

• Studios Regular

Posted 27 February 2011 - 10:12 PM

Oh boy..."I have a bad feeling about this"..

But, it's like this...what is he really going to do? Refuse to sign a poster, on this huge day with the re-release of star tours, and with HOW many other folks behind you? I dont know why he wouldnt sign a trading card, but i cant imagine him refusing ANYTHING, for the most part, during his stay for SWW.

But, I guess these are questions for the castmembers that walk the line in the early morning.

#55 User is offline   Pitti-sing 

• Studios Regular

Posted 28 February 2011 - 05:35 PM

I have a Star Wars Storybook from 1977 and Anthony Daniels didnít question signing it. Yes, he signed it to me, but several of the other autographs in the book are personalized, so in this case it wasn't an issue. And, he was charming. I seem to have inherited this gift from my mother. He told me a story about the original C-3PO shoes (they kept breaking and constantly had to be replaced) and to look for the ship (the Tantive IV) in Revenge of the Sith. I get the feeling that he likes to be appreciated.

Now, this was several years ago. The autograph stations were still located on Mickey Avenue, so it pre-dates Toy Story Midway Mania and it pre-dates the release of Revenge of the Sith.

This year, Iím planning to bring my Clone Wars Storybook and Iíll see if he will sign the page with C-3PO. And if not, then not. Iím not going to let things I cannot control get in the way of the fun. (I had to decide that, itís been sort of a long winter. :P
)

#56 User is offline   COH#1fan 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, travel, comics, live performance

Posted 28 February 2011 - 06:20 PM

Dear everyone attending SWW

While you all go nuts over what should be an idea for its own theme park instead of having to invade DHS once a year, I will be in the area, but at the Orlando International Fringe Festival (I know, what a shock). But I would like to get a T-shirt from the park during SWW as my own was ruined by a pen leak in the wash. I'll pay whomever purchases an official SWW T-shirt from DHS. I have Paypal.
"In an age of fads, copycats, and rapidly changing trends, you have chosen to stand out from the rest and be an individual. We applaud your courage and self-expression. Thanks for being a part of our show today. Don't ever change. The world needs more people with your spirit." - The Citizens of Hollywood

#57 User is offline   obilorne 

• Studios Regular

Posted 28 February 2011 - 07:22 PM

View PostPitti-sing, on 28 February 2011 - 05:35 PM, said:

I have a Star Wars Storybook from 1977 and Anthony Daniels didnít question signing it. Yes, he signed it to me, but several of the other autographs in the book are personalized, so in this case it wasn't an issue. And, he was charming. I seem to have inherited this gift from my mother. He told me a story about the original C-3PO shoes (they kept breaking and constantly had to be replaced) and to look for the ship (the Tantive IV) in Revenge of the Sith. I get the feeling that he likes to be appreciated.

Now, this was several years ago. The autograph stations were still located on Mickey Avenue, so it pre-dates Toy Story Midway Mania and it pre-dates the release of Revenge of the Sith.

This year, Iím planning to bring my Clone Wars Storybook and Iíll see if he will sign the page with C-3PO. And if not, then not. Iím not going to let things I cannot control get in the way of the fun. (I had to decide that, itís been sort of a long winter. :P
)

You have more control than you think. The crowds wil be crazy...prepare for war...lol

#58 User is offline   queenofthehouse 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, Disney and more Disney

Posted 28 February 2011 - 09:08 PM

View Postobilorne, on 28 February 2011 - 07:22 PM, said:

You have more control than you think. The crowds wil be crazy...prepare for war...lol

I'm so happy that you had a positive experience with Anthony Daniels and I hope he signs your Clones Wars Storybook. More importanly, enjoy the SWW and all the fun that's going on.
Maureen
(Lowell's Mom)
Mad, Mad, Mad about Disney!

May 21-28, 2013
Wilderness Lodge

#59 User is offline   abcsoapfan1981 

• Studios Regular

Posted 01 March 2011 - 06:52 PM

I just talked to a cast memeber thats works at dhs,and she told me that if you are a cast memeber and plan on bring anyone in with you to star wars weekend for the first weekend on your main gate pass,you cant its blocked out. She said that she didnt know about the rest of the time but the first weekend for sure is blocked out for main gate passes...

#60 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney World, Harry Potter, Star Wars and my family

Posted 01 March 2011 - 07:28 PM

I don't think it's fair for CM's families who want to enjoy the reopening of ST2.0 It's only blocked out for that first weekend not for the second one (May 27-29) also the June block out dates haven't been posted.
This is not good news for me as my AP expires in April and my husband was going to use his main entrance pass to get us in...now I just need to make him understand of the importance of going to that first weekend and maybe I'll convince him of renewing our AP's. The Force works in mysterious ways
Por favor mantenganse alejados de las puertas

Share this topic:

• 12 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users