Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tower's 13th

#1 User is offline   Blixzit 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 July 2007 - 07:47 AM

I arrived at TTC with a huge line waiting for the MGM bus so I went to visit my CM friend at the kennel at Epcot. Then I got a Frozen Mocca and walked to Norway. After practically chugging the rest of my drink, I got in line for the Maelstrom. The wait time was posted as 5 min, but it was more like 3. After that I decided to leave Epcot and head to MGM. On my way I took some pics of SSE. As soo as I got to MGM I went straight to get a fastpass for Tower. Then I went to RnR to check out the single rider line. I LOVE that line! I got on RnR 3 times in 15 min. The stand-by wait was almost 2 hours. I kept going back on to kill time until I could use my fastpass for Tower.
Just as I got in line for the 4th time, they mentioned over the P.A. that it had broken down. The single rider line had lengthened emensley between rides 3 and 4, so I was thinking about leavin anyway. I still had about 20 plus minutes before my fastpass was active, so I walked to the ABC Commissary for some grub. Got an ABC Special Cheeseburger w/ fries and some sprite. Sure filled me up. Couldn't finnish the burger. By the time I got back to tower my fastpass, which was for 3:45 - 4:45, could be used. So I got in the fastpass line and they had the misters on. I wish they have those on year round. Even in winter, it just adds soooo much character to the whole qeueing experience, which in some cases, can really influence your whole ride experience.
Anyway, I was in the fastpass line and right before the fountain on the wall was a crumpled up fastpass for 3:00 - 4:00 so I grabbed it and used that one. After I got off, I asked the clerk in the gift shop if there was any special 13th anniversary items, and much to my surprise there was just one. A pin. I've never gotten into pin trading but I wanted something to remember Tower's lucky 13th, so I shelled out about $11 for the pin. It's a limited edition. Only 1300 made. I think it's pretty cool.
Posted Image

Then I used the fastpass for 3:45 to ride once more before I left. And on my way out of the park, I stopped by Sid's to get a pic of the trivia board. I'm not sure how well it turned out tho. I was in a rush. Once I find my camera cord, I'll post the pics of SSE, and the Sid's Trivia pic.

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 23 July 2007 - 12:15 PM

Thanks for the trip report Jake!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users