• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I have to use two Table Service...

#1 User is offline   Rinjo 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:My Children and Family, Disney, Games, UFC

Posted 22 December 2008 - 03:14 AM

Alright here is the deal. I am taking a group of guys down and I am faced with a choice... I have 6 table service credits (and six counter service credits I won't be using...) I need to either work two table service credits into the plan... or just go two nights to a two table service credit location.

Here are the places I am considering...

1) Hoopty Doo Review

2) California Grill

3) Yachtsman Steak House

Hoopty Doo is a lot of fun and even though the food is not spectacular it is good fare for the group I have. We are military and used to eating chow hall... so all you can eat style food usually works for us.

Is the california grill worth it for a group of three guys? Its not liek we are going to sit and sip wine... everyone in this party will be under 30 and we have very unrefined tastes.

If you can think of any other places worth 2 table credits let me know...

before I get a slew of... NOs one of our guests wont be joining us untill thursday and he has given us permission to use up his credits before he arrives. So they are pretty much free (for us...) it was going to cost him over 200 to get his own room so he is going to bunk with us on the floor and pay his 200 and eat 'free' with us.

Anyway, thanks in advance!!!

#2 User is offline   Jeanine 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 22 December 2008 - 06:31 AM

Does anyone like sushi? The sushi is very good at California Grill, but you have to have it as an entree now, since the DDP did away with the appetizers. I love the food there--the filet and the pork are excellent--and the view of the fireworks is great from the deck. Having said that, it's not the best value on the DDP, money-wise; Narcoossee's, with its $60 lobster entree, is probably a better deal.

#3 User is offline   Rinjo 

• Studios God

Posted 22 December 2008 - 06:57 AM

They have a lobster meal at narcoosies? The problem is none of us are bringing our wives with us... :wink wink:

Hmmm.... I will have to think abouut this one. Lobster sounds really good.

We are not worried about the dining plan credits going to waste to be honest. We have 6 dining credits from our friend that he will not be using (2 for each of the other 3 of us...)

There is no other time ont he trip that we could use these credits.

I am going to consider california grill... I am just thinking htat might be something I do with my wife for the first time... and not my guy friends. The lobster thing really has me interested though...

#4 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 23 December 2008 - 12:26 PM

Definitely not Hoop Dee Doo...pay cash there.

Look at the menu. Steaks at Yachtsman are about $40 or more. Compare to what you'd order at CA Grill and see which will be more expensive.

#5 User is offline   Rinjo 

• Studios God

Posted 23 December 2008 - 01:31 PM

See that is the thing. With this trip I am trying not to spend any of my own money. Rental car, hotel and tickets are paid for. Dining plan is covered in per diem and I get a free $200 gift card to spend on my disney tickets (I hope that works out!!!)

Paying for hoopty doo would kind of break my free trip rule.

For some reason I really liked hoopty do... But this trip is a chance to try new resturaunts without worrying about my kids who will be at home!!! Woo hoo.

I am considering either:

Yachtsman/HD

Or

Yachtsman/narcoosies

Too bad victoria and alberts isn't on the list. I would ditch 3 or 4 credits this trip!

#6 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Harleys, my pets and WDW!!!

Posted 23 December 2008 - 08:59 PM

Haven't been to Yachman's Steak House. Hoop De Doo is fun but food is only ok. I really like California Grill. Food is excellent. It's especially entertaining if you can book when the fireworks are on. The fireworks are amazing from there and they dim the lights & pipe in the fireworks music. Don't be concerened about it being "snooty" because, while the food is awesome, the atmosphere is pretty casual. My only minor gripe with CG is that it tends to be loud.
Debbie
DVC Old Key West 9/27- 10/5/2013 for Food & Wine w/ friends from NJ
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

ConGaloosh 2013 - September 27 - 29, 2013
www.congaloosh.org

#7 User is offline   YoPaulie 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 24 December 2008 - 08:58 AM

I think Yachtsman is well worth 2 credits... although I try never to use the credits for 2-baggers.

I disagree with Matt on paying for Hoop-dee-doo. If your goal is to have the overall experience paid for with the meal plan, it is SUPER-worth it. If you look at just the food that comes for the "price" of two credits, then Matt is right; it's not worth it.

I look at the overall experience, not just the food.

Please read my blog, The World by Day
Follow me on Twitter! YoPaulieNJ

#8 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 24 December 2008 - 01:10 PM

YoPaulie said:

I think Yachtsman is well worth 2 credits... although I try never to use the credits for 2-baggers.

I disagree with Matt on paying for Hoop-dee-doo. If your goal is to have the overall experience paid for with the meal plan, it is SUPER-worth it. If you look at just the food that comes for the "price" of two credits, then Matt is right; it's not worth it.

I look at the overall experience, not just the food.
I think Hoop Dee Doo is worth the money, just not the DDP (regardless of the food or show)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users