• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Birthday Gift Card

#1 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Disney World, Harry Potter, Star Wars and my family

Posted 12 January 2009 - 05:56 PM

Thanks to my husband that got me Annual Passes I was able to go to MK today for my b-day, I had registered my B-day on-line and got I got to the Will Call window I knew I wanted the gift card. I don't see the point of getting the FP's first I was by myself (kids in school) and second it was a really slow day. Anyways I felt that I would actually be able to buy something for myself for a change.
Gave the e-mail confirmation and my AP, she gave me a Birthday Gift Card.
Decided to hit my fav rides first, space mountain, buzz lightyear (where I scored my highest score so far 600.000+} haunted mansion and pirates, I was done by 10am so as you can see it wasn't crowded at all.
Then I hit the Emporium, the good thing about the card is that after each purchase it tells you your remaining balance, had my fav sandwich at Columbia Harbour House (the tuna ), mickey rice crispy treats and other goodies for the kids. Got back home at 3pm just in time to help with homework.

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 12 January 2009 - 06:34 PM

What did you buy with the card? I was told you can't use the card towards food, just merchandise.

#3 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God

Posted 12 January 2009 - 07:49 PM

QuickGold said:

What did you buy with the card? I was told you can't use the card towards food, just merchandise.

You can't use it in any restaurants, but I was able to buy some goodies at the Candy Store on Main Street (I have a weakness for rice krispy treats...among other things :lol: ) I went to the Emporium, got a shirt and a watch, at the Pirates store I got a new POTC cap, and at the Judges Tent in toontown I got a pair of earrings.
You can't use it in DTD, I asked and the CM said that they tried for a while accepting it at the World of Disney store but it was to much of a hassle (??????) so they only take it inside of the Theme Parks.

#4 User is offline   robmck3898 

• Studios Regular

Posted 12 January 2009 - 07:58 PM

Sounds like a lot of fun, happy birthday. I'm hoping I can go down there for my birthday even if just for a short trip.

#5 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 12 January 2009 - 08:39 PM

yulilin said:

QuickGold said:

You can't use it in any restaurants, but I was able to buy some goodies at the Candy Store on Main Street (I have a weakness for rice krispy treats...among other things :lol: ) I went to the Emporium, got a shirt and a watch, at the Pirates store I got a new POTC cap, and at the Judges Tent in toontown I got a pair of earrings.
You can't use it in DTD, I asked and the CM said that they tried for a while accepting it at the World of Disney store but it was to much of a hassle (??????) so they only take it inside of the Theme Parks.
I've heard "officially" the gift card is only for the park you get it from, but any Disney owned store will take it :)

#6 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God

Posted 15 January 2009 - 07:49 PM

This is exactly the thing that's been bugging me with Disney lately...the misinformation, one CM says something then another says something different...you can't really be sure about anything until you're there...I mean, they didn't even ask for an ID to receive my GC...and that's just me who lives here...I can only imagen the people that have to actually plan coming here...I guess I'm a bit frustrated. :?

#7 User is offline   PixieDust 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, music, reading, fun stuff. ;-)

Posted 19 January 2009 - 04:45 PM

yulilin said:

This is exactly the thing that's been bugging me with Disney lately...the misinformation, one CM says something then another says something different...you can't really be sure about anything until you're there...I mean, they didn't even ask for an ID to receive my GC...and that's just me who lives here...I can only imagen the people that have to actually plan coming here...I guess I'm a bit frustrated. :?

Just remember the cast members can only help you with the information they were given themselves.

Disney is still working out the kinks in its new celebration, so there will be a few difficulties along the way.
Jeanne
Engaged July 17th, 2008 @ Sunset Point
3/3/09 - Sunset Point Wedding
AIM: PixieSBPassion

MySpace

Glenn is my hero!!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users