• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Star Wars Weekends 2011?

#121 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Hockey/Star Wars/Disney

Posted 25 April 2011 - 09:47 PM

The Different colored speeders are very cool. I think they will go over well with the kids. The pace of information being released has been tragically slow. I have a number of theories, but no concrete info on why. All I can do is speculate and spend the rest of my time hoping for a Stitch-Emperor Big Fig.
The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be ...unnatural.

POFQ May 16-19

#122 User is offline   one_jedi_4_u 

• Studios Newbie
  • Interests:Disney, Star Wars, COD: Zombies #DUH, BOBA FETT!!

Posted 26 April 2011 - 03:16 PM

Hi guys!

This is my first post here, but a long time SWW attendee. This year, I will be taking my son to his first SWW on opening weekend Friday, May 20th. He is 7 and loves SW, but I was wondering what I should be expecting with a 7 yr old, especially if we want a FP for an autograph. I know my son is fidgety and does not like to wait in lines (heck, who does?) but I want him to enjoy his first trip. Any suggestions? Thanks!! :)
"Here's to Mr. Iacocca and his failed experiment, the DeLorean!" Michael Scott "The Office"

#123 User is offline   ksomm814 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 26 April 2011 - 06:59 PM

Another piece of merchandise has been released:

Posted Image

Check here for more Info

#124 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney World, Harry Potter, Star Wars and my family

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:14 AM

View Postone_jedi_4_u, on 26 April 2011 - 03:16 PM, said:

Hi guys!

This is my first post here, but a long time SWW attendee. This year, I will be taking my son to his first SWW on opening weekend Friday, May 20th. He is 7 and loves SW, but I was wondering what I should be expecting with a 7 yr old, especially if we want a FP for an autograph. I know my son is fidgety and does not like to wait in lines (heck, who does?) but I want him to enjoy his first trip. Any suggestions? Thanks!! :)

Celeb Fp's are the longest lines you will make. You need to get in line by 6:30am at the latest to ensure you get a fp's or standby ticket. For just regular SW characters the lines can be anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour.
Por favor mantenganse alejados de las puertas

#125 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord

Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:20 PM

If your 7 year old is impatient, you are not going to enjoy the autograph line for the celebrities. At this point we have Anthony Daniels for weekend one and I'm willing to bet one of the hosts will be signing at some point if not both. That said, unless you little one really likes C3PO and understands that he is meeting the man and not the droid, this may be something to stay away from.
The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be ...unnatural.

POFQ May 16-19

#126 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord

Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:21 PM

View Postksomm814, on 26 April 2011 - 06:59 PM, said:

Another piece of merchandise has been released:

Posted Image

Check here for more Info

This is a nice little something.... but I need MORE!

POFQ May 16-19

#127 User is offline   one_jedi_4_u 

• Studios Newbie
  • Interests:Disney, Star Wars, COD: Zombies #DUH, BOBA FETT!!

Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:55 PM

View PostThe Dark Lord of the Sith, on 27 April 2011 - 07:20 PM, said:

If your 7 year old is impatient, you are not going to enjoy the autograph line for the celebrities. At this point we have Anthony Daniels for weekend one and I'm willing to bet one of the hosts will be signing at some point if not both. That said, unless you little one really likes C3PO and understands that he is meeting the man and not the droid, this may be something to stay away from.

I kinda figured that...I think he will enjoy just meeting the costumed characters and getting thier "autograph". I have been to like 12 SWW and have my fair share of auto's, so I think i will skip the FP....besides, I heard Daniels is kinda snobby and picky about what he signs. I would hate for my son to get up there with a fig to sign and he won't do it. I think we will get in the line for merch this year. Thanks for the input! Anyone else?
"Here's to Mr. Iacocca and his failed experiment, the DeLorean!" Michael Scott "The Office"

#128 User is offline   queenofthehouse 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, Disney and more Disney

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:18 PM

View Postone_jedi_4_u, on 27 April 2011 - 07:55 PM, said:

I kinda figured that...I think he will enjoy just meeting the costumed characters and getting thier "autograph". I have been to like 12 SWW and have my fair share of auto's, so I think i will skip the FP....besides, I heard Daniels is kinda snobby and picky about what he signs. I would hate for my son to get up there with a fig to sign and he won't do it. I think we will get in the line for merch this year. Thanks for the input! Anyone else?

I really think your son will enjoy seeing the costumed characters better. That will be fun.
Maureen
(Lowell's Mom)
Mad, Mad, Mad about Disney!

May 21-28, 2013
Wilderness Lodge

#129 User is offline   ksomm814 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:26 PM

View Postone_jedi_4_u, on 27 April 2011 - 07:55 PM, said:

Last year I went with the majority of my family, including my five-year-old nephew. His father, our sister and I went early to get fast passes for as many as we could and then made it work so my nephew could see some people, since he came later with my dad. It really depends on the personality of the celebrity. He loved meeting Temura Morrison and Dee Bradley Baker since they both spent a lot of time entertaining him. Once the 'moment' was over, all my nephew wanted to do was look at the 8x10 picture I brought autographed to him. I think the Clone Wars people are a safe bet since they can do a lot of voices to entertain kids.

Besides that, it really depends on the mood the child is in. My nephew wasn't interested in getting pictures with characters. He just wanted to ride the rides. Heat may play a factor too. Basically, know what you want to do but be prepared to switch it up quickly if needed.

#130 User is offline   ksomm814 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 28 April 2011 - 11:04 AM

Her Universe just sent this out:

Star WarsTM Fangirl Apparel from Her UniverseTM
to be Offered for the First Time at Star Wars Weekends at
Disney’s Hollywood Studios theme park

LOS ANGELES, CA – Returning to Star Wars Weekends at Disney’s Hollywood Studios theme park in Lake Buena Vista, Fla. as Celebrity Host of “The Clone Wars: Behind the Force,” actress Ashley Eckstein (voice of Ahsoka Tano on Star Wars: The Clone Wars) will also be bringing an all-new, unique range of Star Wars fangirl-focused products to the month-long event at Walt Disney World Resort. Available for the duration of Star Wars Weekends 2011, Eckstein’s line of Her Universe apparel and accessories was created as a response to the ever-increasing demand for fashionable “geek chic” products among the growing community of female fans.

“In addition to a product line that already includes female-focused shirts and undergarments, Her Universe will be premiering two new shirt designs at this year’s Star Wars Weekends event. Featuring images of Jedi Master Yoda and other famous characters from the beloved Star Wars Saga, both designs will be offered in female sizes with female fits – and, for the first time ever, two popular Her Universe designs will also be available in children’s sizes. The new designs will be available exclusively for a limited time at Disney’s Hollywood Studios during Star Wars Weekends 2011.

“As the voice of Ahsoka Tano, it warms my heart to see an increase in young girls who are now Star Wars fans because of The Clone Wars,” says Eckstein. “However, it bothered me when those little girls had to go to the boys section to buy their Star Wars shirts. Now little girls can buy shirts that are specially made just for them!”

In addition to regular autograph signings each weekend, Eckstein will also be available for special merchandise autograph signings each day inside the theme park where her exclusive Her Universe apparel will be sold.

“Disney's Hollywood Studios has played a huge part in my life,” says Eckstein. “Growing up in Orlando, my dad worked for Walt Disney World and I was at the theme park the first week it opened in 1989. It was a dream of mine to follow in my father's footsteps and work for Disney. On my 16th birthday, I applied for a job at the ‘happiest place on Earth’ and was assigned to Disney’s Hollywood Studios where I would spend my weekends dancing in the parades and working in the restaurants! Now, to return to Disney's Hollywood Studios for Star Wars Weekends as a host and a designer is magical!”

Running every Friday, Saturday and Sunday from May 20 through June 12, Disney’s Star Wars Weekends is an annual event at Disney's Hollywood Studios theme park celebrating the Star Wars Saga, as well the animated television series Star Wars: The Clone Wars. In addition to offering fans a unique opportunity to join Jedi Masters, Sith Lords and Star Wars celebrities for special shows, presentations and memorabilia, the 2011 event also marks the launch of the all-new Star Tours attraction: Star Tours –The Adventures Continue. For more information on Star Wars Weekends, visit: disneyworld.com/starwarsweekends or disneyparks.com/blog.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#131 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God

Posted 28 April 2011 - 11:32 AM

I just sent the link to the email to Matt, I should've looked here first, you beat me to it :) Having her universe merch. is a nice touch, I'm already excited about some of her designs. My daughter already has the "Daddy's Girls" t-shirt but she'll probably want some other things.

#132 User is offline   ksomm814 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 28 April 2011 - 04:33 PM

Here are a few more items I've found browsing the web. Not sure if they're 'new' or not:
Attached Image: SWW2011StarToursStarWarsR2D2C3POBank_200.jpg
Attached Image: SWW2011Baseball_225.jpg

#133 User is offline   ksomm814 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 28 April 2011 - 07:46 PM

Hollywood Studios could open as early as 6am

We're hearing a rumor from a very credible source that while Hollywood Studios is currently slated to open at 8am between May 20 and 22, the park may be opening a lot earlier than that.

The published park opening time is 8:00am but Hollywood Studios could open the turnstiles to day guests as early as 6:00am. Presumably the incredibly esarly park opening time would be to compensate for the large crowds expected for the opening of Star Tours 2 and the onset of Star Wars Weekends. Keep in mind the park will close on those days at midnight, leading to an 18 hour day of operation if this rumor is true.

Do you think it's a good idea for Hollywood Studios to open at 6am on those days?

Any ideas how they'd handle fastpasses then?

#134 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God

Posted 29 April 2011 - 08:26 AM

I don't have any idea how they would handle celeb fp. I do remember for Epcot's 25th anniversary the opened the turnstiles earlier than expected (don't remember the exact time). But wouldn't people waiting for celeb fp's expect to be able to go inside the park as it's opening? If they don't give them out earlier then I would pressume that there are going to be alot of complaints at Guest Services

#135 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:16 AM

Oh I think opening earlier would be a very bad idea. Here's hoping that is nothing but a rumor!

POFQ May 16-19

#136 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God

Posted 29 April 2011 - 01:49 PM

The merchandise tent will start going up on May 5th behind RnRC...I sure hope it has A/C like the one they put for cheerleaders in the parking lot.

#137 User is offline   ksomm814 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 29 April 2011 - 06:59 PM

IT'S OFFICIAL!
Posted Image
Star Wars Weekends 2011 will be a Tour de “Force” at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, celebrating the grand opening of the new Star Tours attraction as the Walt Disney World Resort theme park welcomes Jedi, Sith, Ewoks, Wookiees, galactic bounty hunters and stormtroopers for the park’s annual celebration of all-things-Star Wars.

The fun takes place every Friday, Saturday and Sunday from May 20-June 12, 2011.

Once again, Jedi Mickey and Princess Leia Minnie will be joined by some of the brightest stars from the saga. Celebrity Hosts for the event this year are James Arnold Taylor (voice of Obi-Wan Kenobi in Star Wars: The Clone Wars) and Ashley Eckstein (voice of Ahsoka Tano in Star Wars: The Clone Wars). Ashley (seen in the photo above with R2-MK and Jedi Mickey) will host “Clone Wars: Behind the Force,” a closer look inside the popular animated TV series. James will present another event-first: he will star in a one-man show that showcases some of the many voices he has performed throughout his career, including those from The Clone Wars.

Opening weekend will kick off the month-long event in grand fashion, as fan favorite Anthony Daniels (seen in the photo above at a filming session for the new “Star Tours – The Adventures Continue” attraction), who brought C-3PO to life and is the only actor to appear in every theatrical chapter of the Star Wars saga, will make a golden return to the event. Dave Filoni, the talented artist and supervising director of The Clone Wars, also will be a special celebrity guest for Weekend I.

Star Wars Weekends II, III and IV will feature celebrities from the live-action feature films and voice artists from The Clone Wars. Here’s the complete event celebrity lineup (*talent subject to change) scheduled to appear:

Scheduled Celebrity Appearances

MAY 20-22
•Anthony Daniels (C-3PO)
•The Clone Wars Special Guest: Dave Filoni (Supervising Director)

MAY 27-29
•Anthony Daniels (C-3PO)
•Bruce Spence (Tion Medon)
•The Clone Wars Voice Talent Guest: Dee Bradley Baker (Captain Rex)

JUNE 3-5
•Ray Park (Darth Maul)
•Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett)
•The Clone Wars Voice Talent Guest: Matt Lanter (Anakin)

JUNE 10-12
•Ray Park (Darth Maul)
•Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca)
•The Clone Wars Voice Talent Guest: Tom Kane (Yoda)

And while the stars will shine, a galaxy-full of events, live shows, parades and activities also take place throughout the park during the month.

An event highlight for many is meeting the Star Wars characters, and this year is no exception. More than 60 Star Wars characters will be roaming the theme park, posing for pictures and signing autographs.

From the special “welcome” Guests receive at the turnstile areas from the stormtroopers and Star Wars trivia contests to Jedi Training Academy and the spectacular Hyperspace Hoopla, Star Wars Weekends 2011 will have more fun than you can shake a gaffi stick at. And of course, throughout the event Star Wars Weekends Guests will have the chance to take a ride aboard “Star Tours – The Adventures Continue” when the attraction launches in 3-D on May 20.

#138 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God

Posted 29 April 2011 - 07:26 PM

It seems someone is missing in weekend 1....and no mention of Stars of the Saga Q&A

#139 User is offline   IHeartTheStudios 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:25 PM

View Postyulilin, on 29 April 2011 - 01:49 PM, said:

The merchandise tent will start going up on May 5th behind RnRC...I sure hope it has A/C like the one they put for cheerleaders in the parking lot.

It will.

#140 User is offline   IHeartTheStudios 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:27 PM

View Postyulilin, on 29 April 2011 - 07:26 PM, said:

It seems someone is missing in weekend 1....and no mention of Stars of the Saga Q&A

2nd Guest 1st weekend not confirmed yet.

There will be Stars of the Saga Q and A every weekend.

Share this topic:

• 12 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users