Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MK Morning - 8/11

#1 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 11 August 2007 - 12:52 PM

Woke up bright and early for the Magic Kingdom to do a half day here. Here's the run down....

- We decided to do the left half of the park and followed a touring plan from the Unofficial Guide. Started with Splash then Thunder and then Pirates, Jungle Cruise, Magic Carpets of Aladdin (No wait!), Tiki room, Peter Pan, Small World & Philharmagic....all by 11:30am.

- Breaking news: it's hot and humid

- All the effects on Splash worked

- Only one side open on Pirates and it appears a CM called in sick because one CM had to load people on the boats, then go launch the boat and then repeat.

- As I mentioned, we walked on Magic Carpets at about 10am or so.

- Tiki room sucks :D I haven't done it in a while but half way through I thought to myself "This is terrible". Not entertaining at all

- I watched the Woody's Cowboy Camp thing in Frontierland. It appeals to the same age group that enjoys Jedi Training Academy, ages 6-11 or so.

- I lost my sunglasses somewhere between Peter Pan and Small World so if anyone sees them, let me know :roll:

That's it. Time for afternoon break and then it's off to MGM

#2 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Golf, Disney, Sports Junkie!

Posted 11 August 2007 - 03:59 PM

Thanks for the update Matt.

Maybe lost and found will have the shades. You never know, a kind soul may have turned them in.

Hope you have a good time at the Studios tonight!

#3 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 12 August 2007 - 10:29 PM

Here's part two of yesterday...

- We got free tickets to Pirates & Princess party before leaving MK. Basically we went to Guest Relations to get a birthday pin for someone in our group and the CM there asked if we were going to the Pirates & Princess party. We said no and she asked if we wanted to.....for free. We gladly accepted and she gave us 5 tickets for free to the party (Thats $200 for those keeping track).

- We went to MGM before the party...

- Only had time to ride Tower twice, Coaster once and the Animation Academy.

- New single rider and FASTPASS queue lines are nice but the outdoor queue area has some TERRIBLE air circulation (as in none). If you get stuck in a long line in the standby line, you're going to need a snorkel for some fresh air

- Animation academy was fun, although i still need practice drawing

- Ate dinner at ABC Commissary and had the veggie stir fry, which was quite good. Good portion size and tasted great with little guilt. I recommend it.

- Park was fairly empty when we arrived around 3:30-4 but quickly filled up with folks coming from Magic Kingdom not going to Pirates and Princess

- Left MGM to go to MK for P&P Party...

- Crowds were manageable and waits were not bad at all

- Laugh Floor is no Turtle Talk. In fact, it's really not that good. Obviously it's a hit or miss attraction in terms of funniness but given the limited nature of the kind of jokes they can do, I'm not sure it's got much potential. Not impressed at all.

- P&P parade is good and a great spot to watch is in Frontierland. Tinkerbell and Jack Sparrow were big hits with the crowds.

- P&P fireworks really leave a lot to be desired. The pirates portion is certainly better than the princess portion.

- Met Jack Sparrow again and always fun. The queue to see Jack this time has Pirate trivia (real pirates, not Disney pirates) and sunken artifacts to look at.

- After fireworks & 2nd parade, crowds really thin out

- Overall, P&P is great for low crowds and some nice event onlys but was glad I didn't pay to get in. It's cheaper than MNSSHP or MVMCP but can't put it on the same level as those events.

#4 User is offline   TiggerRay 

• Studios God

Posted 13 August 2007 - 08:18 AM

How long was your wait for Jack Sparrow? When we went to the party in February, the line quickly jumped to a 45 min. or longer wait.

Sorry you didn't like the Laugh Floor. When we saw it, I found it to be cute...not hilarious, but funny.
Disneyland - a people trap run by a mouse.

#5 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 13 August 2007 - 01:15 PM

The wait for Jack was about 20 minutes but that was because we darted over from Frontierland after the parade to see Jack. After 10 mins in line, I looked back to see a line extending out of the building.

#6 User is offline   Blixzit 

• Studios God

Posted 13 August 2007 - 03:35 PM

Hey Matt, what shirt where you wearing yesterday, Sunday the 12th?

#7 User is offline   COH#1fan 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, travel, comics, live performance

Posted 13 August 2007 - 06:04 PM

QuickGold said:

We got free tickets to Pirates & Princess party before leaving MK. Basically we went to Guest Relations to get a birthday pin for someone in our group and the CM there asked if we were going to the Pirates & Princess party. We said no and she asked if we wanted to.....for free. We gladly accepted and she gave us 5 tickets for free to the party (Thats $200 for those keeping track).

You lucky son of a gribblesnocker! Normally I would resent having to shell out extra money for the privilege of staying extra hours in a Disney park just to meet characters who don't normally make appearances, but Tinkerbell AND Jack Sparrow?

I'd say Disney needs to reorganize their Character marketing strategies. And make the CMs in the yellow and white shirts with Mickey sketches imprinted on them go away. Or at least teach them patience and courtesy.
:lol:
"In an age of fads, copycats, and rapidly changing trends, you have chosen to stand out from the rest and be an individual. We applaud your courage and self-expression. Thanks for being a part of our show today. Don't ever change. The world needs more people with your spirit." - The Citizens of Hollywood

#8 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 13 August 2007 - 09:30 PM

Blixzit said:

Hey Matt, what shirt where you wearing yesterday, Sunday the 12th?
A black pirate flag shirt and a tshirt from my college fraternity. Did you see me?

#9 User is offline   Blixzit 

• Studios God

Posted 14 August 2007 - 05:23 PM

OMG!!!!! I knew it!!!!! I saw you getting on Everest! I was sooo about to yell "Hochberg!" but I wasnt completely sure it was you. I was in the single rider line. You had your college frat shirt on.

#10 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 14 August 2007 - 08:54 PM

D'oh! I think that was right as I won my dream mickey ears (not sure if you saw me before or after I rode)

#11 User is offline   Blixzit 

• Studios God

Posted 15 August 2007 - 06:58 PM

I saw you and your fiancée get in like one of the last cars, if not the last, on the train.

#12 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 15 August 2007 - 08:14 PM

Yep, you saw us. Next time yell or throw something :lol:

#13 User is offline   Blixzit 

• Studios God

Posted 15 August 2007 - 08:18 PM

I'll throw Wonka Bars. :lol:

#14 User is offline   KMan101 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 30 August 2007 - 09:33 PM

Wow, cool. I was at MK on the same day and also attended the P&PP that night.

#15 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 31 August 2007 - 12:08 PM

KMan101 said:

Wow, cool. I was at MK on the same day and also attended the P&PP that night.
You probably saw me there....a bunch of giddy girls and a tired guy being dragged along :evil:

#16 User is offline   Blixzit 

• Studios God

Posted 01 September 2007 - 01:33 PM

In stupid lookin red shirts! hahahahahaha

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users