• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Citizens of Hollywood Blog?

#1 User is offline   COH#1fan 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Disney, travel, comics, live performance

Posted 27 December 2011 - 05:59 PM

So there I was at work, minding my own business, when the thought occurred to me that, since every Disney fan I know has a blog or a website that they shamelessly plug on Twitter, I figure that I ought to start a professional looking blog of my own. And what better subject to blog about than the hilarious and most talented group of streetmosphere actors, the Citizens of Hollywood.

Yep, ever since I left the Citizens of Hollywood Facebook fan page as part of my exodus from the Accursed Social Site, I've been missing out on all the news and gossip that have enveloped our beloved Citizens, so I figure it was about time there was a public blog about them, and I want it to look very professional, with a domain name, media, links, and everything. Something like a Wordpress blog.

Now I've been warned to exercise caution when creating a blog since anyone can access it, even people you don't want accessing it. That's why I've come to you, the community of StudiosCentral. I reckon you have some sort of experience with such webmastery. Might you happen to have some sort of advice on how to create such a blog, and how to market it to a willing Disney fan community? More importantly, is it a good idea?
"In an age of fads, copycats, and rapidly changing trends, you have chosen to stand out from the rest and be an individual. We applaud your courage and self-expression. Thanks for being a part of our show today. Don't ever change. The world needs more people with your spirit." - The Citizens of Hollywood

#2 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Harleys, my pets and WDW!!!

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:00 PM

I think, while the audience might be a bit limited to "regulars" who have visited DHS enough to become acquainted with CoH, that it's a great idea. You could post CoH news, other venues where the CoH actors are performing, cool YouTube clips, etc. I can't advice about the technical portion of building a blog (my I/T expertise is in Project Management and programming/systems analysis on mainframe/midrange computers) but I do suggest having a good game plan before designing/implementing. If the website/blog starts out "messy" you will likely have folks lose interest. I know if I visit a website or blog that has errors, poor performance, or format errors, it looks like the webmaster/blog owner doesn't care and I tend to not visit again. One good example of a blog I personally like (and I have no affiliation with the blogger) is the savepleasureisland one. Good focus, frequent posts, simple & uncomplicated format.... Hope my 2 cents helps!
Debbie
DVC Old Key West 9/27- 10/5/2013 for Food & Wine w/ friends from NJ
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

ConGaloosh 2013 - September 27 - 29, 2013
www.congaloosh.org

#3 User is offline   COH#1fan 

• Studios God

Posted 29 December 2011 - 08:09 PM

View PostHDLady, on 28 December 2011 - 01:00 PM, said:

I think, while the audience might be a bit limited to "regulars" who have visited DHS enough to become acquainted with CoH, that it's a great idea. You could post CoH news, other venues where the CoH actors are performing, cool YouTube clips, etc. I can't advice about the technical portion of building a blog (my I/T expertise is in Project Management and programming/systems analysis on mainframe/midrange computers) but I do suggest having a good game plan before designing/implementing. If the website/blog starts out "messy" you will likely have folks lose interest. I know if I visit a website or blog that has errors, poor performance, or format errors, it looks like the webmaster/blog owner doesn't care and I tend to not visit again. One good example of a blog I personally like (and I have no affiliation with the blogger) is the savepleasureisland one. Good focus, frequent posts, simple & uncomplicated format.... Hope my 2 cents helps!

Okay, HD, here's my plan. I reach out to a team of ace reporters who are able to cover CoH events, they report back to me, and it goes into the blog with full credit. I'll also put in my own news and info as well. I am thinking about using Wordpress.com for my blog site because they offer domain names in their paying package. As for the name of the blog itself, I've gone back and forth between just plain "Citizens of Hollywood", leaving the DHS part out to avoid any pointless lawsuits, to the dramatic "Dateline: Hollywood 1947" Still toying with the idea, see which works best in a .com or .org or .net name. If anyone else can think of other blog names befitting the CoH, post it in this thread.
"In an age of fads, copycats, and rapidly changing trends, you have chosen to stand out from the rest and be an individual. We applaud your courage and self-expression. Thanks for being a part of our show today. Don't ever change. The world needs more people with your spirit." - The Citizens of Hollywood

#4 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God

Posted 01 January 2012 - 03:43 AM

I like both names. My only comment is that I think the more simple Citizens of Hollywood would be more obvious to anyone doing a web search...
Debbie
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

www.congaloosh.org

#5 User is offline   COH#1fan 

• Studios God

Posted 01 January 2012 - 09:22 AM

The blog went live today! Check it out with the first post made conveniently on January 1st: http://lightscameramayhem.com

#6 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God

Posted 01 January 2012 - 02:12 PM

Nice, I like it!!!!
Debbie

www.congaloosh.org

#7 User is offline   COH#1fan 

• Studios God

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:21 PM

Thanks, Debbie, and don't be shy about contributing news stories. You'll get credit for them. Be sure to tell your friends too.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users