Studios Central: Do you think a "studios" audition will win American Idol? - Studios Central

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Do you think a "studios" audition will win American Idol?

#1 User is offline   surfpark 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 April 2009 - 05:00 PM

Just wondering this. Since the company that funds American Idol spent a lot of money on the American Idol Experience attraction, do you think they will purposefully let some people that auditioned there last longer...or possibly win? I know the show or the attraction are not rigged, but having a winner come form the Studios would be a commercial that would benefit both companies.

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 06 April 2009 - 07:01 PM

I don't think anything will be rigged, but if someone from the Idol attraction makes it onto the show and does well (i.e. goes far in the show), it will do wonders for the attraction and Disney would love it.

#3 User is offline   darthstich 

• Dark Lord of the Stitch
  • Interests:Disney, Star Wars

Posted 06 April 2009 - 08:01 PM

surfpark said:

Just wondering this. Since the company that funds American Idol spent a lot of money on the American Idol Experience attraction, do you think they will purposefully let some people that auditioned there last longer...or possibly win? I know the show or the attraction are not rigged, but having a winner come form the Studios would be a commercial that would benefit both companies.

The golden ticket doesn't increase there chance to win, it just saves them some time. They have just as much of a chance as anyone else

#4 User is offline   alyx92 

• Studios Regular

Posted 10 April 2009 - 11:02 PM

Right, if someone who really stinks tried out for DHS, and no one else tried out that day, or the judges were incapacitated, or they were bored to death at animal kingdom, but some how, the bad person happened to win at DHS. They get the golden ticket, they'll get to the front, but that dosent mean tht the judges are gonna vary their ratings based on the ticket. So that really bad person wont make it on the show just because of the ticket.

If a DHS winner where to win the whole thing, that would be a HUGE promo opportunity for disney!

#5 User is offline   Blixzit 

• Studios God

Posted 12 April 2009 - 04:40 PM

Yeah, I agree with everyone else. The ticket doesn't increase any chances in the real competition, however, I've seen a few finale shows and there really is a lot more talented people out there than you'd expect. So I'm sure we'll be seeing at least a few "studios" contestants on the real show!

#6 User is offline   ADP 

• ADP
  • Interests:Golf, Disney, Sports Junkie!

Posted 12 April 2009 - 08:12 PM

Doesn't the ticket get you a guaranteed audition in front of the decision makers? If that is the case I think it sort of does increase your chances.

#7 User is offline   Blixzit 

• Studios God

Posted 13 April 2009 - 07:54 AM

ADP said:

Doesn't the ticket get you a guaranteed audition in front of the decision makers? If that is the case I think it sort of does increase your chances.

I'm not sure if it's a guaranteed audition as a guaranteed chance to audition. Like you just get to the front of the line. I could be wrong.

#8 User is offline   alyx92 

• Studios Regular

Posted 13 April 2009 - 07:58 AM

I think its a chance to get infront of the judges but i could be wrong....

#9 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Harleys, my pets and WDW!!!

Posted 13 April 2009 - 12:57 PM

This is the quote from the AIE website...

"The singer voted best by the audience at each finale show will have the opportunity to receive a Dream Ticket which allows an eligible Dream Ticket holder to make a reservation to participate in one audition in the initial public round of auditions for the American Idol television program. "

So it's esentially a "FastPass" to the front of the line for public auditions. I THINK the first round of auditions for AI are done in front of one decision maker/judge just like at AIE.
Debbie
DVC Old Key West 9/27- 10/5/2013 for Food & Wine w/ friends from NJ
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

ConGaloosh 2013 - September 27 - 29, 2013
www.congaloosh.org

#10 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 13 April 2009 - 12:59 PM

Correct, the winner gets to bypass the audition line at an American Idol audition for the TV show.

#11 User is offline   TiggerRay 

• Studios God

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:47 AM

It could happen...but I doubt it. The people that are probably good enough to win AI, probably aren't the people that are going to try out at the attraction.
Disneyland - a people trap run by a mouse.

#12 User is offline   elchippo 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 23 April 2009 - 10:22 AM

Yes, everyone who auditions sees a "first round" type of judge, who then determines who gets to see Simon, Paula, etc. This of course proves that they intentionally let bad people through for the sake of TV. Sounds like if you win at the Studios then you arent guaranteed seeing the big judges/getting on TV.....

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users