Studios Central: Mainstreet Electrical Parade & Summer Nightastic fireworks - Studios Central

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mainstreet Electrical Parade & Summer Nightastic fireworks Mini review

#1 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Harleys, my pets and WDW!!!

Posted 06 June 2010 - 09:59 AM

We went to MK yesterday to see the debut of MEP & Summer Nightastic fireworks and we weren't disappointed! While the park was packed, we managed to get a good spot for MEP in front of the train station. It was just as magical as I remembered it. Love the music and the floats. The additions/changes Disney made to MEP only served to enhance the parade IMO. The new fireworks show is spectacular!!!! great music... delightful forworks and some effects I hadn't seen before such as smoke plumes coming from the castle. We'll definitely go back to see it a few more times before 8/14 !!!
Debbie
DVC Old Key West 9/27- 10/5/2013 for Food & Wine w/ friends from NJ
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

ConGaloosh 2013 - September 27 - 29, 2013
www.congaloosh.org

#2 User is offline   jbwolffiv 

• Studios Veteran
  • Interests:Photography and hockey

Posted 06 June 2010 - 01:58 PM

Glad it was awesome. I was going this summer anyway, but all this made me even that much more excited!!! 6 more weeks!!!
John

#3 User is offline   IndyandMarion 

• Studios God

Posted 07 June 2010 - 07:42 AM

I should mention that the fireworks are like DEP, they are from the defunct Pirate and Princess Party, just with a few added things.

I'm a little disappointed now that I look at the "promotion". I rode Tower 4.5 yesterday and it was laughable at best. While I haven't seen DEP, I can't understand why it's being called MSEP, but in the parade it's DEP (Im in a mind set of why are you calling it one thing, when the title float is another?). Sounds of Summer Concerts are an annual thing. I think I'm only interested in Captain EO, even though it's not part of the "promotion"

And don't get me started on this commercial we have running for it. That's just. . . Yeah. That's bad.
Professionals admit to the problem. Alcoholics claim they have no problem.

Field Agent Indy reporting for the next World Showcase Mission

#4 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 07 June 2010 - 10:50 AM

View PostIndyandMarion, on Jun 7 2010, 08:42 AM, said:

And don't get me started on this commercial we have running for it. That's just. . . Yeah. That's bad.

The commercial is awful. Well, it's great....if this were Disneyland! They show DCA's Tower of Terror and Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters. Disney marketing couldn't spring the extra cash for some better b-roll clips? :Wookiee1:

I saw MSEP and fireworks last night. MSEP is as good as ever and worth seeing just by itself. The fireworks, however, are nothing special. I didn't like it much during Mickey's Pirate and Princess party and they still do nothing for me. It's nice and all and the finale does feature a lot of fireworks, but there's no story to it really. Wishes is far superior in many ways.

#5 User is offline   IndyandMarion 

• Studios God

Posted 07 June 2010 - 11:34 AM

View PostQuickGold, on Jun 7 2010, 11:50 AM, said:

The commercial is awful. Well, it's great....if this were Disneyland! They show DCA's Tower of Terror and Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters. Disney marketing couldn't spring the extra cash for some better b-roll clips? :Wookiee1:

You forgot Astro Orbiter from Hong Kong and the Hades lighting the fireworks from Tokyo's halloween event. . .
But, Hey, at least they have a shot of our CGI castle. . .

View PostQuickGold, on Jun 7 2010, 11:50 AM, said:

I saw MSEP and fireworks last night. MSEP is as good as ever and worth seeing just by itself. The fireworks, however, are nothing special. I didn't like it much during Mickey's Pirate and Princess party and they still do nothing for me. It's nice and all and the finale does feature a lot of fireworks, but there's no story to it really. Wishes is far superior in many ways.

Don't get me wrong, I'll be seeing MSEP or DEP (Whatever you wanna call it) many times this summer. Im holding judgement on it until I see it. All though, I am a bit against changing it to what they have now. It's one of those "If it ain't broke. . " things to me. To not see it is dang near sacrilegious as far as Disney goes.

The fireworks. . . I'd rather have Surprise in the Skies/Battle in the Skies. . .
Professionals admit to the problem. Alcoholics claim they have no problem.

Field Agent Indy reporting for the next World Showcase Mission

#6 User is offline   MickeyMaz 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 09 June 2010 - 11:01 AM

View PostHDLady, on Jun 6 2010, 10:59 AM, said:

We went to MK yesterday to see the debut of MEP & Summer Nightastic fireworks and we weren't disappointed! While the park was packed, we managed to get a good spot for MEP in front of the train station. It was just as magical as I remembered it. Love the music and the floats. The additions/changes Disney made to MEP only served to enhance the parade IMO. The new fireworks show is spectacular!!!! great music... delightful forworks and some effects I hadn't seen before such as smoke plumes coming from the castle. We'll definitely go back to see it a few more times before 8/14 !!!

Thanks for the review Deb. I'll be down in a couple weeks and I'm seeing MEP twice a night all week on the schedule. I cannot wait. I saw some of the videos of the fireworks and the castle looks great during the Priates music. Video does it no justice as to the perimeter stuff though.

Have you heard anything about the Tower of Terror effects? Did they start yet?

#7 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 09 June 2010 - 02:40 PM

View PostMickeyMaz, on Jun 9 2010, 12:01 PM, said:

Have you heard anything about the Tower of Terror effects? Did they start yet?

Yes, they are in effect.

#8 User is offline   MickeyMaz 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 09 June 2010 - 03:51 PM

I would have thought I would have heard more about them. Anyone go on ToT yet? Spill on the new effects.

#9 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 09 June 2010 - 07:57 PM

View PostMickeyMaz, on Jun 9 2010, 04:51 PM, said:

I would have thought I would have heard more about them. Anyone go on ToT yet? Spill on the new effects.

Here you go http://www.studiosce...?showtopic=7050

#10 User is offline   Pipper011 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 09 June 2010 - 08:34 PM

I'm gonna take my girls over the 4th of july holiday to see the parade. Can't wait to see it again!!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users