• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

DHS "Flash Mob" Info?

#1 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Harleys, my pets and WDW!!!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 02:45 PM

I ran across this description of a fairly clever "flash mob" Disney did at DHS.
Flash Mob
Has anyone seen this? I don't know of this was a one time trial thing or if it's being done regularly but looks like it would be quite amusing to watch the unsuspecting guests!
Debbie
DVC Old Key West 9/27- 10/5/2013 for Food & Wine w/ friends from NJ
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

ConGaloosh 2013 - September 27 - 29, 2013
www.congaloosh.org

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:50 AM

Thanks for the link!

#3 User is offline   dd_indy 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:42 PM

I think this is something they do to keep guests entertained while waiting for the parade. I recently heard them carrying on near the park entrance while I was waiting up near the hat.
Share and enjoy!

Dennis

#4 User is offline   GrinGrinnyGhost 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:27 PM

View PostHDLady, on 14 June 2012 - 02:45 PM, said:

I ran across this description of a fairly clever "flash mob" Disney did at DHS.
Flash Mob
Has anyone seen this? I don't know of this was a one time trial thing or if it's being done regularly but looks like it would be quite amusing to watch the unsuspecting guests!

Oh, I was there that day, I was talking to the Crew, they were shooting Promos. Here is a Photo of the Crew I took. As Far as I know, this was a One time thing.
http://www.flickr.co.../in/photostream
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:41 PM

Then again, whenever you see something at any of the parks, even if it looks real (like a film crew), I always wonder if it's real or fake like the baked cookie smell near the bakery at MK.... If it was a real film crew doing a promo, wonder what it's for!
Debbie
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

www.congaloosh.org

#6 User is offline   GrinGrinnyGhost 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 30 June 2012 - 07:33 PM

View PostHDLady, on 30 June 2012 - 02:41 PM, said:

Then again, whenever you see something at any of the parks, even if it looks real (like a film crew), I always wonder if it's real or fake like the baked cookie smell near the bakery at MK.... If it was a real film crew doing a promo, wonder what it's for!

I am glad to inform you that this group is indeed a real film crew.

#7 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:19 AM

Cool!!!
Debbie

www.congaloosh.org

#8 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney World, Harry Potter, Star Wars and my family

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:33 PM

Sad to inform you that this is not a real filming crew, if you look closely the "Director" is Alberto Dante from Citizens of Hollywood, they are doing this all across the park to give it a feel of a real video shoot. The flas mob is done every day just before the parade. They are all part of the modern citizens crew
Por favor mantenganse alejados de las puertas

#9 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:50 AM

Yulilin-
Thanks for the clarification. In the summer, we usually go to DHS either early or late in the day to avoid the worst crowds and heat so I haven't been there for the parade in a while. I had a feeling it wasn't a real film crew from the photo. The "crew" just looked a little too cast member "Disney" to me - matching hats, no t-shirts, etc. Also Disney tends to costume women playing parts like that in a tank top w/ camp style shirt over it like the carmera person is wearing. Indy as well as Lights, Motors, Action both have similar costumes on women! I love it that Streetmosphere actors are so good at keeping character that guests buy into the concept!!! Thank you, C. McNair Wilson, for doing such a great job on your original development of Streetmosphere!!!
Debbie

www.congaloosh.org

#10 User is offline   sarahzy 

• Studios Veteran

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:11 AM

Flash Mobs creep me out. Lol! I will be running in the other direction if I come across one. :)

#11 User is offline   GrinGrinnyGhost 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:18 AM

View Postyulilin, on 03 July 2012 - 12:33 PM, said:

Sad to inform you that this is not a real filming crew, if you look closely the "Director" is Alberto Dante from Citizens of Hollywood, they are doing this all across the park to give it a feel of a real video shoot. The flas mob is done every day just before the parade. They are all part of the modern citizens crew

I am sorry to Inform you, but When i talked to the Director, He was not doing an Italian Accent, So Why would he go out of Character (He won't I know for a fact as I am friends with someone whom did a very beloved walk around character in the park). Maybe the guy just looks like him, and Why would Disney be using Professional Equipment. Maybe the Director does Alberto Dante as a Side Job.

Also it is Film Crew, not Filming Crew.

#12 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney World, Harry Potter, Star Wars and my family

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:38 AM

View PostGrinGrinnyGhost, on 13 July 2012 - 03:18 AM, said:

I am sorry to Inform you, but When i talked to the Director, He was not doing an Italian Accent, So Why would he go out of Character (He won't I know for a fact as I am friends with someone whom did a very beloved walk around character in the park). Maybe the guy just looks like him, and Why would Disney be using Professional Equipment. Maybe the Director does Alberto Dante as a Side Job.

Also it is Film Crew, not Filming Crew.

Sorry I didn't make myself clear, when I said that the Director is Dante from CoH I meant to say he used to be Dante from CoH...actually I'm happy to say that Alberto Dante is back on the streets as a CoH and the Modern Film Crew still wander the areas around Streets of America and Hollywood Blvd. These are actors performing a part it's not a real film crew, they do use real equipment to make it feel like it's the real thing. And thanks for the note about Film Crew, you see I wasn't born in the USA. I'm actually from Venezuela so any notes on grammar are always welcome.
Por favor mantenganse alejados de las puertas

#13 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:23 PM

I have to say I prefer the classic version of CoH to the modern CoH characters. I think the modern characters, while very realistic, are not as entertaining and tend confuse guests. You can't help but be entertained by all the classic CoH cast members such as Jack Diamond Played by Terry Ward (formerly of Diamond Horseshoe Review) or Officer Peabody played by Tim Goodwin (formerly of Adventurers Club), etc. They are all the BEST!!! It never fails to amaze me that the CoH CMs can stay in character regardless of what happens while they're "on stage". They are all true professionals! I still haven't made it to DHS mid-day to check out which CMs are playing the all the modern CoH parts including film crew. It's just too hot in the summer.
Debbie

www.congaloosh.org

#14 User is offline   COH#1fan 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, travel, comics, live performance

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:36 PM

View Postyulilin, on 09 August 2012 - 08:38 AM, said:

Sorry I didn't make myself clear, when I said that the Director is Dante from CoH I meant to say he used to be Dante from CoH...actually I'm happy to say that Alberto Dante is back on the streets as a CoH and the Modern Film Crew still wander the areas around Streets of America and Hollywood Blvd. These are actors performing a part it's not a real film crew, they do use real equipment to make it feel like it's the real thing. And thanks for the note about Film Crew, you see I wasn't born in the USA. I'm actually from Venezuela so any notes on grammar are always welcome.

So, Alberto Dante finally got that alimony business in Italy cleared up, eh? I knew they couldn't keep a classic director down. :D

View PostHDLady, on 09 August 2012 - 09:23 PM, said:

I have to say I prefer the classic version of CoH to the modern CoH characters. I think the modern characters, while very realistic, are not as entertaining and tend confuse guests. You can't help but be entertained by all the classic CoH cast members such as Jack Diamond Played by Terry Ward (formerly of Diamond Horseshoe Review) or Officer Peabody played by Tim Goodwin (formerly of Adventurers Club), etc. They are all the BEST!!! It never fails to amaze me that the CoH CMs can stay in character regardless of what happens while they're "on stage". They are all true professionals! I still haven't made it to DHS mid-day to check out which CMs are playing the all the modern CoH parts including film crew. It's just too hot in the summer.

I don't want to sound like an overly dramatic nuisance, but you may wish to reconsider revealing which actor plays which role in a Disney Theme Park. Just because the audience knows Peter Parker is Spider-Man doesn't mean that the audience should know the "secret identities" of the CoH. Part of keeping the "Disney Magic" alive and all.

Of course, if a Disney performer wanted to step up and introduce him/herself on this message board, that's a different story. ;)
"In an age of fads, copycats, and rapidly changing trends, you have chosen to stand out from the rest and be an individual. We applaud your courage and self-expression. Thanks for being a part of our show today. Don't ever change. The world needs more people with your spirit." - The Citizens of Hollywood

#15 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:18 PM

I understand what you're saying, CoH#1fan. I'm pretty careful about not saying anything I think would annoy or be out of line for a CM. The 2 CMs I mentioned have participated in our ConGaloosh events with well over 100 in attendance and are pretty public about their identities. For example, Terry mentions his roles at Disney on his personal website. Tim has mentioned being at DHS CoH after The Adventurers Club closed. His name has also been noted in various websites in conjunction with DHS and The Adventurers Club; Adventurers Club Wiki as well as an extensive MousePlanet article in 2008 featuring all the CMs working at The Adventurers Club the last night it was open to the public. I did not mention several CoH CMs (current & past) I know tend to be less public about their identities. If I was out of line for mentioning this on this forum, I do apologize.
Debbie

www.congaloosh.org

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users