Studios Central: Are the Disney Gods shining upon Studios? - Studios Central

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Are the Disney Gods shining upon Studios? 4 of the park's worst attractions are closed within a year

#1 User is offline   darthstich 

• Dark Lord of the Stitch
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Disney, Star Wars

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:11 PM

With the announcement that Pixar Pals Countdown to Fun and Disney Channel Rocks being closed with no immediate replacement announced, we have to wonder what's going on with our favorite park. Sounds Dangerous was quietly removed for a seasonal status to a closed status, and Journey into Narnia was finally replaced by an interesting though not really studio themed attraction. There are little who would argue that those attractions were the worst attractions at the park, or at least amongst them, so seeing them go is a neutral to positive thing. At the same time, however, 3 of the 4 closed suddenly with no replacement. DCR is ok because it closed in DCA a while ago without an actual replacement and is the 4(.5)th version of the High School Pep Rally and really needed to go. ABC Sound Studio (the area formerly known as Sounds Dangerous) is being used for special events, so it's not sitting dormant all of the time. The biggest surprise is probably the Pixar Pals Parade. Though it was a terrible, terrible parade, it was there since they couldn't afford BPB anymore. I personally think no parade is better than Pixar Pals, but it is rather strange that they haven't announced anything taking it's place since the park has only gone a few weeks at a time without a parade in the park since the very first parade.

Do you want another version of Disney Channel Rocks? What should they do with Sounds Dangerous' stage? How long do you think the Captain Jack Sparrow Experience will last? And what will the new parade be? An shipment from another park, or maybe they might actually put some money into a brand new parade?

#2 User is offline   queenofthehouse 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, Disney and more Disney

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:09 PM

View Postdarthstich, on 17 March 2013 - 06:11 PM, said:

With the announcement that Pixar Pals Countdown to Fun and Disney Channel Rocks being closed with no immediate replacement announced, we have to wonder what's going on with our favorite park. Sounds Dangerous was quietly removed for a seasonal status to a closed status, and Journey into Narnia was finally replaced by an interesting though not really studio themed attraction. There are little who would argue that those attractions were the worst attractions at the park, or at least amongst them, so seeing them go is a neutral to positive thing. At the same time, however, 3 of the 4 closed suddenly with no replacement. DCR is ok because it closed in DCA a while ago without an actual replacement and is the 4(.5)th version of the High School Pep Rally and really needed to go. ABC Sound Studio (the area formerly known as Sounds Dangerous) is being used for special events, so it's not sitting dormant all of the time. The biggest surprise is probably the Pixar Pals Parade. Though it was a terrible, terrible parade, it was there since they couldn't afford BPB anymore. I personally think no parade is better than Pixar Pals, but it is rather strange that they haven't announced anything taking it's place since the park has only gone a few weeks at a time without a parade in the park since the very first parade.

Do you want another version of Disney Channel Rocks? What should they do with Sounds Dangerous' stage? How long do you think the Captain Jack Sparrow Experience will last? And what will the new parade be? An shipment from another park, or maybe they might actually put some money into a brand new parade?

Regarding Parades - I haven't been crazy about the Block Party or the current parade and would rather have the High School Pep Rally move away from it's present location. My issue with the Pixar parades are that they are only Pixar. I feel like the Disney characters have been pushed out. I know it must take a lot of money and time to put a parade together, so it's not like they can just switch it out often. But I would like to see more variety. The Motor Cars had a lot of variety. The last spectacular parade, the I remember, was the Mulan parade. It was more like a show. And I realize that they have tried to incorporate "the show" into the last 2 Pixar parades, but I miss seeing the Disney characters too.
Maureen
(Lowell's Mom)
Mad, Mad, Mad about Disney!

May 21-28, 2013
Wilderness Lodge

#3 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Harleys, my pets and WDW!!!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:44 PM

My personal response to this news:

"Do you want another version of Disney Channel Rocks?" Not a fan of any version of HSM or this this show: too perky and geared for tweeners to appeal to me.

"What should they do with Sounds Dangerous' stage?" If we can't get back the interactive theatre clubs at PI (CW & AC), then have the Comedy Warehouse CMs perform daily using that area like they have in the past during the holidays.

"How long do you think the Captain Jack Sparrow Experience will last?" While it's cute, there's not much "meat" to encourage folks to experience it more than once. I'm guessing they'll keep it a while, only because they don't have a better replacement but it's going to become ho-hum quickly, I think.

"And what will the new parade be? An shipment from another park, or maybe they might actually put some money into a brand new parade?" Hmmm, tough one to even second guess.... I actually liked BPB and Pixar Pals to a lesser degree but I know I'm in ther minority. Given the same parades has been at MK & AK for what seems like "forever", I'm guessing it's not likely anything will replace the DHS parade for a while. Could the return of the cars to several areas of DHS mean they'll go back to the Motor Cars Parade? Dunno
Debbie
DVC Old Key West 9/27- 10/5/2013 for Food & Wine w/ friends from NJ
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

ConGaloosh 2013 - September 27 - 29, 2013
www.congaloosh.org

#4 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney World, Harry Potter, Star Wars and my family

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:51 AM

I second the idea of the Comedy Warehouse at Sound's Dangerous...as for DCR I loved the energy of this show even though I thought that the best place for it was Streets of America, they always had a decent to large amount of people watching so I don't understand why they're getting rid of it. Alot of people complain that the Studios doen't have enough for kids other than Disney Jr. but this one appeals to kids and tweens.
As for the parade, I'm sure they still have the cars from the motorcade parade, it wouldn't really cost anything extra to just bring it back and alot of people will love that (can you imagine the great response if they brought back Tapestry of Nations to Epcot) There's a new parade for MK in the works and that's been in plan mode for about 4 years now and will likely make it's debut next year (if the rumors are right) I hope it doesn't take that long to get a new or recycled parade to DHS. In my opinion many guests expect a parade at a Disney Park.
Por favor mantenganse alejados de las puertas

#5 User is offline   MythBust R 

• Studios Newbie
  • Interests:Theme Parks, Entertainment, Roller Coasters and the like

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:58 AM

View Postyulilin, on 19 March 2013 - 07:51 AM, said:

I second the idea of the Comedy Warehouse at Sound's Dangerous...as for DCR I loved the energy of this show even though I thought that the best place for it was Streets of America, they always had a decent to large amount of people watching so I don't understand why they're getting rid of it. Alot of people complain that the Studios doen't have enough for kids other than Disney Jr. but this one appeals to kids and tweens.
As for the parade, I'm sure they still have the cars from the motorcade parade, it wouldn't really cost anything extra to just bring it back and alot of people will love that (can you imagine the great response if they brought back Tapestry of Nations to Epcot) There's a new parade for MK in the works and that's been in plan mode for about 4 years now and will likely make it's debut next year (if the rumors are right) I hope it doesn't take that long to get a new or recycled parade to DHS. In my opinion many guests expect a parade at a Disney Park.

DSMC parade vehicles(cars) were shipped to DLRP. They are still around, but I don't think Paris is finished with them yet.

#6 User is offline   yulilin 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney World, Harry Potter, Star Wars and my family

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:58 AM

View PostMythBust R, on 20 March 2013 - 06:58 AM, said:

DSMC parade vehicles(cars) were shipped to DLRP. They are still around, but I don't think Paris is finished with them yet.

I didn't know that.
Por favor mantenganse alejados de las puertas

#7 User is offline   COH#1fan 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Disney, travel, comics, live performance

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:58 PM

I, for one, am GLAD that the DCR show is going away. Maybe now, Hollywood Boulevard will have more set time for the Citizens of Hollywo... oh, wait. I forgot. All the Citizens we've come to know and love are seventeen different ways of gone, save for Alberto Dante and Jack Diamond, but I'm not going to go all drama on that. Let's just say that DCR or HSM or whatever they want to call themselves was just too loud, and the theme of the show is not something you'd want your tweens and pre-tweens exposed to. At least, if I had children, I wouldn't show them this. Then again, if I had children, I probably wouldn't let them watch television of any kind... or use the Internet... or have any video games... I'm digressing, aren't I?

Change subject: I've been hearing about the Comedy Warehouse crew taking over Sounds Dangerous, but only during the holidays, and since I've never experienced the Pleasure Island club scene, I was wondering if anyone can clue me in to what it's about, and if Adventurer's Club would be a better fit.
"In an age of fads, copycats, and rapidly changing trends, you have chosen to stand out from the rest and be an individual. We applaud your courage and self-expression. Thanks for being a part of our show today. Don't ever change. The world needs more people with your spirit." - The Citizens of Hollywood

#8 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:41 AM

Comedy Warehouse were/are an improv comedy show where audience members/guests provide a word or theme and the Cast Members do an improv skit based upon what was provided. That sort of format fits well into most any venue with a stage area so guests can see the folks performing. While I would prefer and Adventurers Club resurrection over CW, it's not something that "fits" into a stage environment easily. The whole premise was that the AC building was a club for adventurers and the CMs were some of those adventurers that, in addition to doing some performances that brought a few guests up on the library stage, also mingled and directly interacted a good part of the time in the various rooms with guests.
Debbie
Board of Directors Member & Treasurer, The ConGaloosh Society, Inc., a 501(3)c not-for-profit

www.congaloosh.org

#9 User is offline   COH#1fan 

• Studios God

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:33 PM

View PostHDLady, on 21 March 2013 - 09:41 AM, said:

While I would prefer and Adventurers Club resurrection over CW, it's not something that "fits" into a stage environment easily. The whole premise was that the AC building was a club for adventurers and the CMs were some of those adventurers that, in addition to doing some performances that brought a few guests up on the library stage, also mingled and directly interacted a good part of the time in the various rooms with guests.

After reading your description of the Adventurer's Club, I just had a brainstorm. What if the seats in the Sounds Dangerous theater were gutted and replaced with nightclub tables and chairs, and the stage show would be themed to a 1940's nightclub with song, dance, comedy, audience participation just like the Adventurer's Club. Here's what a typical improv'd structured show would go:
  • Opening Spiel (no eating, drinking, smoking, flash photography, etc)
  • Opening Production Number
  • Brief Character Introduction
  • Emcee goes into audience for interaction purposes
  • First song of the show by "Featured Song & Dance Girl"
  • Lucky audience member is pulled onstage for an interview by selected "reporter" covering the performance
  • Q & A Session with Featured Comedian
  • Second Song by "Featured Song & Dance Girl"
  • Game of "Either/Or" with another "lucky audience member"
  • Grand Finale Number by cast followed by Closing Number

Brilliant, isn't it?
"In an age of fads, copycats, and rapidly changing trends, you have chosen to stand out from the rest and be an individual. We applaud your courage and self-expression. Thanks for being a part of our show today. Don't ever change. The world needs more people with your spirit." - The Citizens of Hollywood

#10 User is offline   HDLady 

• Studios God

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:08 AM

I would LOVE to see some incarnation of the AC and your ideas would likely work in that area. I just doubt Disney would cough up the $$$ to reconfigure the SD building when they can just use it "as is" for CW shows, though....
Debbie

www.congaloosh.org

#11 User is offline   COH#1fan 

• Studios God

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:20 AM

View PostHDLady, on 24 March 2013 - 08:08 AM, said:

I would LOVE to see some incarnation of the AC and your ideas would likely work in that area. I just doubt Disney would cough up the $$$ to reconfigure the SD building when they can just use it "as is" for CW shows, though....

*cough*Kickstarter*cough* :D

#12 User is offline   Master Gracey 

• Studios Newbie

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:39 PM

I can tell you from what I saw with the DCA upgrade and Carsland. A lot of stuff was DOWN during te transformation. Might be a sign Carsland is coming. Who knows. IMO Carsland should say exclusive to DCA

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users