Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Free Dining Extended Disney Dining Plan

#1 User is offline   Mr. Disney 

• Studios Newbie
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 July 2009 - 09:29 PM

The Free Dining Plan Offer is out for travel 9/27 12/17, and opened today for DISNEY VISA CARDHOLDERS ONLY. The deposit must be paid at time of booking (no courtesy holds) and must be placed on a guests Disney VISA. This same offer should become available to the rest of the general public on Sunday.

FYI if a guest is staying at a Value Resort, ONLY the Counter Service Dining Plan is offered for free. They can upgrade to Counter Service or to Basic or Deluxe Dining and will just have to pay the difference in cost.

Darren

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 25 July 2009 - 08:43 AM

I'd have preferred the buy 4 get 3 free deal over free dining. For those at value resorts, you really have to do your homework to see what benefit you are getting considering you have to pay rack rates.

#3 User is offline   The Dark Lord of the Sith 

• Resident Sith Lord
  • Interests:Hockey/Star Wars/Disney

Posted 26 July 2009 - 01:35 PM

I agree, you REALLY need to do your homework on this. The free dinning plan is no help to me at all and in my opinion is a royal pain in the neck.
The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be ...unnatural.

POFQ May 16-19

#4 User is offline   Figaro 

• Studios God

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:30 AM

View PostThe Dark Lord of the Sith, on Jul 26 2009, 02:35 PM, said:

I agree, you REALLY need to do your homework on this. The free dinning plan is no help to me at all and in my opinion is a royal pain in the neck.

Yeah...free dining stinks! Everyone stop doing it!! This way I don't have to worry about crowds & getting dinner every night in September :lol:

#5 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:57 AM

Colin is absolutely correct. Some people jump on free dining because they perceive it to be a great value, but you must consider the following...
- How much more you are spending on rack rate rooms compared to discounted rooms
- Which restaurants you can get into
- What you would order
- Where would you be eating if you weren't on the dining plan? (some people don't eat a table service every day)

Many times it's a better deal to go without free dining because of the circumstances I mentioned.

#6 User is offline   Figaro 

• Studios God

Posted 27 July 2009 - 11:41 AM

View PostQuickGold, on Jul 27 2009, 11:57 AM, said:

Colin is absolutely correct. Some people jump on free dining because they perceive it to be a great value, but you must consider the following...
- How much more you are spending on rack rate rooms compared to discounted rooms
- Which restaurants you can get into
- What you would order
- Where would you be eating if you weren't on the dining plan? (some people don't eat a table service every day)

Many times it's a better deal to go without free dining because of the circumstances I mentioned.

Seriously, I agree. I had a hard time getting some of our ADR's during the last week of September for a few of the popular places at the 90 day window. This was before the latest free dining offers. You may get "stuck" eating table service at places you have no interest in just to use the dining credits.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users