• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

HHN Trip & Last Minute Disney Visit - Part 2

#1 User is offline   velvetdrug 

• Senior Studios Member
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 October 2004 - 09:48 AM

Part 2: Disney

So Sunday we woke up at 9:30 and check out at about 10:30. We decided to park our car at Epcot. The plan for the day was to go to MGM first, then take the bus to MK, and then the monorail to Epcot.

So we went to the bus stop and waited for the bus to MGM. We had just missed the last bus. We were anxious to enter the parks already. So we decided not to wait and do Epcot first.

I was looking forward to going to Epcot because I was going to get a preview of the Food and Wine Festival. My trip to the F&WF is in 3 weeks. We entered Epcot and went straight to Mission Space and Test Track. Test Track had a 75 minute wait for the regular line and a 45 minute wait for the single rider line. Mission Space had a 60 minute wait. We decided to get a fast pass for Mission Space and wait for Test Track (single rider). Well Test Track didn’t take that long. It actually took only 15 minutes! Very different from the 45 time posted.

It wasn’t time yet for our Fast Pass, so we decided to go up to Mexico. My friends wanted to get a Margarita. I wanted to see the F&WF booths. I decided not to get the Margarita and get this non-alcoholic frozen drink they had. It was some type of pineapple/strawberry concoction. It was delicious! On the way back to Mission Space from Mexico, I stopped at the Peru booth. I had this chicken skewer and a papa rellena. Both were very good.

When we arrived at mission space, the wait time had dropped to only 10 minutes. We had the fast pass, so decided to just go through the FP lane. Well with our luck, when we arrived at the front, there was a “malfunction” with the restraints of our pod, so we had to wait for the next show. I wonder if it was really a “malfunction” or if that was just cover up for someone throwing up. The good news is that we did ask if we could ride again because of the inconvenience. They gave us these passes to re-ride which they said can be used at any time on any day. We were happy about this and decided to keep the passes for our next trip.

It was now time to go to MGM. We decided to take the boat to MGM since we had never done it. We made our way out of Future World East and headed over to Future World West. We decided to ride Imagination, since it never has a wait. I enjoyed the ride, but miss the old Imagination attraction.

On the way to the International Gateway we stopped at another F&WF booth for some grub. I don’t remember which one it was. We then stopped the Rose & Crown. I have an Epcot tradition to have a Guinness at the United Kingdom. We boarded the boat (w/ our Guinnesses) and headed over to MGM.

The boat ride was very nice and relaxing. We were all tired from the night before, so it was refreshing. However, it did take too long. We realized we weren’t going to make it to the MK so we might as well not rush at MGM.

When we arrived at MGM (around 2:30) we headed straight for the TOT. I was surprised to see it only had a 13 minute wait. Before riding TOT, we got a fast pass for the RNRC. At the tower, they only had 3 of the 4 elevators working. I don’t recall when was the last time I’ve seem them have all 4 elevators on at once. I wonder why this is. Perhaps they only have all 4 on during peak season. We rode tower twice and got a difference sequence each time. The 2nd time we got the false ending sequence. This is by far my favorite of the new sequences.

We still had time to spare before our Fast Pass, and we didn’t want to wait in line, so we decided to head over to New York Street to see how the construction is coming along.

Well there are construction walls all over NYS. Some because of the Osborne lights and others because of the rebuilding. It looks like the Osborne lights are going to look amazing on NYS.

At this time the parade had started, so we made our way back through Mickey Avenue. I noticed that the Splash fountain is still broken. I really hope they fix it soon. It looks pretty bad. On our way back to RNRC, we stopped at One Man’s Dream. I had never seen the attraction. We didn’t stay for the movie, but I enjoyed seeing all the sets they had.

I decided not to go to the Animation Tour because I didn’t want to get depressed on what they have done to the attraction.

After riding the RNRC we decided to go home. It was already 5 PM and we had to still get our car from the Epcot parking lot. We made it out of Disney around 6 PM and I was home by 9:45.

Although I was slightly disappointed of not being able to make it to the MK, I had a great time at Epcot and MGM. It made me anticipate my F&WF trip even more. I also can’t wait to see the Osborne lights when I go back in December.

Well that’s all folks! Until next time.

#2 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman
  • Group: Root Admin

Posted 26 October 2004 - 12:24 PM

I've never taken the boat from Epcot to MGM either. I'm too impatient to wait for it.

Great TR! :)

#3 User is offline   DisneyFreak1228 

• Studios God

Posted 27 October 2004 - 04:22 PM

That's odd that they weren't running all 4 elevators, since lately I've seen all 4 running.

And I was working Sunday too :P
*Leslie Ivette*

#4 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 27 October 2004 - 04:25 PM

DisneyFreak1228 said:

And I was working Sunday too :P

You may have noticed her there Alex, she was the CM wearing stiletto heels

#5 User is offline   velvetdrug 

• Senior Studios Member

Posted 27 October 2004 - 04:30 PM

I think I saw a stiletto heel coming out of the door of the elevator that wasn't not being used.

#6 User is offline   AshleyV 

• Studios God
  • Interests:Cosplay, Disney

Posted 18 November 2004 - 08:00 PM

Not having all 4 running. Sounds like there was not enough people working *again*

#7 User is offline   QuickGold 

• Studios Superman

Posted 19 November 2004 - 01:02 PM

AshleyV said:

Not having all 4 running. Sounds like there was not enough people working *again*

I haven't seen all 4 working in quite a while. I figured it was because crowd levels didn't waurant it but then again I came last on Memorial Day weekend.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users